Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 18:58   #61
BHPian

What are the Dis-advantages of taking the delivery before the Bike is registered. Please do advice as tomorrow i will be making the remaining 10% payment as well.
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:30   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
What are the Dis-advantages of taking the delivery before the Bike is registered. Please do advice as tomorrow i will be making the remaining 10% payment as well.
If you can get it insured, and it is street legal with a TC number, I would think it would be okay.

Someone I know got a Harley last week, in Mumbai. I don't know if the registration process is complete, but it was delivered on TC plates. And it was insured, of course.

Good luck!
Old 6th November 2010, 21:25   #63
BHPian

Hey nadim_90201, is that your bike in the "Superbikes spotted" thread?

Well, yours shouldnt be very much different

Excellent looking bike. Hope you managed to get some gear. i just finished my rant on gear in the other thread when I saw the Duc pics.

Ride Safe.
Old 7th November 2010, 14:45   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Hey nadim_90201, is that your bike in the "Superbikes spotted" thread?

Well, yours shouldnt be very much different

Excellent looking bike. Hope you managed to get some gear. i just finished my rant on gear in the other thread when I saw the Duc pics.

Ride Safe.

No thats not mine, I will be getting delivery in the next 10 days. I wont be riding the bike till I get some proper riding gear.

Any teambhp mods interested to do a review feel free to contact me.
Old 7th November 2010, 15:43   #65
Team-BHP Support

I just popped here minutes after checking out another Ducati 796 Monster in the 'Super-bikes In India' thread and I must say, you're one helluva lucky man! I seriously envy you! If you read my comments on the Duke, you'd realize that I'm a die-hard fan of the Monster ever since its conception in '93. And I'm not a bike guy at all! I don't know much about bikes!

Dude, you're living the dream! Dukes are what dreams are made of. I dream of owning a Monster someday and I'd gladly park it right next to my Porsche 911 Carrera

From my understanding, Gthang and N_Aditya can help you immensely when it comes to owning a sports-bike. I suggest you PM them often.
Old 7th November 2010, 22:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck on your new ride man. Ride safe and lots of amazing advice on this thread. Waiting for pictures of your bike now
Old 8th November 2010, 08:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you take delivery before registration then you tend to waive off some of the responsibility of the dealership in getting the bike registered fast. I know people who bought a Ducati and had to wait for an extended period of time for their registration. They even rode with number plates lifted off other bikes.

It is HIGHLY non-ideal.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Abusive and foul language either used directly or indirectly is not permitted on Team-BHP. You will receive subsequent action for same.

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th November 2010 at 13:14. Reason: Reason in post
gsferrari is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th November 2010, 14:55   #68
JVH
Senior - BHPian

@Nadim - Apologies for a slight hijack but I believe the information will be useful. This is related to my own questions which I had posted earlier
  • Service costs
1st service - 7-8K @ 1000kms
2nd service - 17-20K @ 12000kms or 1 year
Intervals every 12000 kms from there on which is not quite practical for Indian conditions?!
  • Fuel - Octane 97 or Speed 93. Nothing below that
  • No extended warranty (as if we were expecting one :-))
  • Couple of bikes registered in Hyderabad and one in Tumkur. None in Bangalore. HDFC folks tell me they have issues with registration for both Ducati and Harley
The information was provided by Nikhat from Ducati showroom Mumbai.
Old 9th November 2010, 20:39   #69
BHPian

@ JVH : Nadim is getting some 3 year extended warranty on this Duc ... how old is ur info ?
Old 9th November 2010, 21:10   #70
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
@ JVH : Nadim is getting some 3 year extended warranty on this Duc ... how old is ur info ?
Surprising, because I checked with them last week. IIRC, even Nadim has not mentioned anywhere on the thread?!
Old 9th November 2010, 22:26   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Warranty
2 years unlimited mileage
@ JVH : My bad , he has mentioned its 2 years
Old 10th November 2010, 02:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I just popped here minutes after checking out another Ducati 796 Monster in the 'Super-bikes In India' thread and I must say, you're one helluva lucky man! I seriously envy you! If you read my comments on the Duke, you'd realize that I'm a die-hard fan of the Monster ever since its conception in '93. And I'm not a bike guy at all! I don't know much about bikes!

Dude, you're living the dream! Dukes are what dreams are made of. I dream of owning a Monster someday and I'd gladly park it right next to my Porsche 911 Carrera

From my understanding, Gthang and N_Aditya can help you immensely when it comes to owning a sports-bike. I suggest you PM them often.
Thanks for the wishes.I am super excited about the bike. Have a long way to go & learn a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Best of luck on your new ride man. Ride safe and lots of amazing advice on this thread. Waiting for pictures of your bike now

Thanks bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
@Nadim - Apologies for a slight hijack but I believe the information will be useful. This is related to my own questions which I had posted earlier
  • Service costs
1st service - 7-8K @ 1000kms
2nd service - 17-20K @ 12000kms or 1 year
Intervals every 12000 kms from there on which is not quite practical for Indian conditions?!
  • Fuel - Octane 97 or Speed 93. Nothing below that
  • No extended warranty (as if we were expecting one :-))
  • Couple of bikes registered in Hyderabad and one in Tumkur. None in Bangalore. HDFC folks tell me they have issues with registration for both Ducati and Harley
The information was provided by Nikhat from Ducati showroom Mumbai.
Hey thanks for the Info.

The service cost last I ask the showroom guys said...1st service @15k approx.

You are right about the 2nd service.
Had no Idea about the fuel so thanks for the info.
I also confirmed about the warrenty. I am getting 2 years warrenty, As of now they dont have an extended warrenty plan but the dealer rest assured that by next year around march Ducati will offer extended warrently as well

My Registration is getting delayed bcoz of a lame issue. The Manager of Ducati is going on a leave on 17th & thats why there will be a 15 days delay in registration.

Most likely the bike might be delivered by Sat & if it gets delivered on Sat will post pics by Sunday for sure.
Old 10th November 2010, 09:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The service cost last I ask the showroom guys said...1st service @15k approx
Blatant robbery...there is NOTHING to do during the first service that warrants such a high service charge!

Quote:
My Registration is getting delayed bcoz of a lame issue. The Manager of Ducati is going on a leave on 17th & thats why there will be a 15 days delay in registration.
Again this is just BS. There is no need for a "manager" to be around in order for your bike to be registered. Ducati have always had issues getting their bikes registered so be prepared to face delays and hear all sorts of idiotic excuses.

Quote:
Most likely the bike might be delivered by Sat & if it gets delivered on Sat will post pics by Sunday for sure.
For your own sanity DO NOT take delivery without registration. Final warning on this topic from my side...
Old 10th November 2010, 09:20   #74
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
@ JVH : My bad , he has mentioned its 2 years
Yup, its the standard warranty they provide for 2 years unlimited mileage. They are pondering over the extended warranty but like Nadim said, it'll take them a while to introduce it. Similarly, they are also planning to introduce new dealerships mostly in the South but again everything depends on their sales

Quote:

The service cost last I ask the showroom guys said...1st service @15k approx.
This is conflicting because I was told around 8k mark. 15k is uncalled for since this will be just a routine service

Quote:

The guy who got the monster registered in Tumkur could not manage to do it in Bangalore and it looks like he used his clout/influence in Tumkur. And going by your comments, it looks like the issue is in Mumbai too. And I strongly believe that Manager absence is a stupid excuse.

Not to dampen your spirits, but be careful with the registration and be prepared to practice patience . I agree with gsferrari in not taking the delivery without registration because the delay is unknown. My contact at HDFC has 2 Harley customers still waiting for registration even after 2 months. As per him, even Ducati might have the same resistance. Only the Suzuki superbikes are undergoing hassle free registration process.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:28   #75
BHPian

Nadim_90210, guess the waiting must be getting to you, especially it being an impulse buy!!

My Rs.0.02 on imported bike registration:

Fortunately for me, both my imported bikes were registered in Kerala, where the RTO officers, even though bureaucratic and slightly corrupt, at least are approachable and will listen to reason.

On a whole, all RTO officers nationwide are little edgy when it comes to registering SBKs thanks to the illegal importers and the subsequent DRI crackdown. (Few rotten apples spoil the basket).

My suggestion: Hire an independent RTO agent who knows where to grease in the dept. Have him help the dealership guys. If you rely on the dealer alone, you will face delays and frustration. Technically, there should not be any problem as long as Ducati produces copies of the import documents which shows that your bike customs duty has been paid. If they have papers for the whole consignment, make sure your VIN number is highlighted. RTO is not going to waste time poring over customs papers. One thing that RTO guys can stump you with is a "Type Certificate" for MH, etc. Since these bikes are not homologated, you shouldnt have to produce one, but you know the RTO. Luckily for me, Honda had made one for registering few bikes in Chennai, which I used to temp. register in TN, and transferred to KL.

This is a circular distributed from GOI for all RTO's to expedite imported vehicle registration. Use it to your leverage when you go to RTO. http://www.keralamvd.gov.in/images/s...car%26bike.pdf

Best tip I can think of though: dont make any mental timelines, be prepared for the worst, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Ride Safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks