Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 14:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scorpio SLE- final shorlist after much consternation- wise move?

hi Himanshu,

How are you? the Scorpio ABS is 3 channel one and not 4 channel one.

The ride is much improved in the post initial mHawks and the earlier leaf spring Crde's. BnC will always give the roll and pitch but at sedate driving skills we are prettly well placed.

Sle is VFM and you will like it. The interior creature comforts(especially the front two seats) is an compromise over Safari in my view.

Good Luck and Happy Motoring!
Old 5th September 2011, 14:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Himunshu Bhai!

Congrats on your descision. I parted with my SLE about a month back after 16 months of ownership. Buy it for its awesome engine and great after sales service and support( AML Hyderabad).

The handling and bobbing bit has been discussed by some of the members here and I leave it to your discretion to adjust to it as I guess you are currently owning an SX4..by the way I couldn't.

The ABS worked perfectly under one most certain scrape and full marks to its effectiveness.

Happy motoring and my guess is that you would buy a black SLE.

Cheers!!
U sold the scorp already? that was fast! not happy?
Old 5th September 2011, 14:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I parted with my SLE about a month back after 16 months of ownership.
Brajesh, Like Himanshu asked, Why did you sell the ride??
Old 5th September 2011, 14:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
hi Himanshu,

How are you? the Scorpio ABS is 3 channel one and not 4 channel one.

The ride is much improved in the post initial mHawks and the earlier leaf spring Crde's. BnC will always give the roll and pitch but at sedate driving skills we are prettly well placed.

Sle is VFM and you will like it. The interior creature comforts(especially the front two seats) is an compromise over Safari in my view.

Good Luck and Happy Motoring!
Srikanth, the drive that i took of your BOSS to Vikarabad is still fresh in my mind and i remember commenting that the Mhawk was a vastly improved beast! and IIRC, we were doing some serious speeds on that run
Old 5th September 2011, 14:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Srikanth, the drive that i took of your BOSS to Vikarabad is still fresh in my mind and i remember commenting that the Mhawk was a vastly improved beast! and IIRC, we were doing some serious speeds on that run
Yes, HG! I recently went to Anantagiri with family and some friends in three cars including mine. I too was recollecting about our TBHP drive

My car continues to rock and am very happy with the car after loading ~52250km on its Odo.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 15:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Ex showroom- 932130
Road Tax n regn- 70,419
Insurance (40% offer)- 21,000

what is interesting is that no dealer quoted things like handling charges, depot charges etc- Kudos to M&M for that

Hey Himanshu,

Firstly congrats on joing the Scopio club!! You wont regret it. Present Gen of Scorpios are vastly improved.

Secondly, aren't they giving you free insurance?? You should bargain on this.

Make sure you get Bridgestone dueller as stock tyres which are excellent lest they pass on something else to you.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 15:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Make sure you get Bridgestone dueller as stock tyres which are excellent lest they pass on something else to you.
Good suggestion there Fauji!

HG, do insist and get ONLY Bridgestone Duellers! They are of good quality and has a vastly improved road handling experience. I had JK Elanzo's on earlier Scorpio of mine and they suck! lasted just for 35000km with proper mainenance every 5000km(alignment, balancing, rotation).

Do not do any accessories with the dealer and with a little add on to that cost you can do much more outside!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 15:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
U sold the scorp already? that was fast! not happy?
Quote:
Brajesh, Like Himanshu asked, Why did you sell the ride??
Guess I could never get over the ride and handling characteristics of a sedan, specially when you get used to an Ikon 1.6 for 4 years. Went in for a Fiesta "S" to rekindle old memories.

Srikanth, one of the reasons to go in for the Scorp was after I saw your Scorp and it looked menacing in Black. I am yet to see a better maintained Srorp than yours.

By the way I got a corporate discount of 7K on the Scorp apart from the extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year free.

Last edited by zen91 : 5th September 2011 at 15:42.
Old 5th September 2011, 15:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Brajesh Bhai, knowing your driving style, I am not surprsed - i guess the next upgrade for you should be the Cruze.... enjoy the Fiesta S- a true pocket rocket.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu - I do not want to deter you now that you have made your mind but if you are going to travel long distances with passengers in the rear seat, the Scorpio does not come close to the Safari when it comes to rear seat comfort. I am sure you are aware of this, having owned a Safari. Just wanted to point out this aspect.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

cool Dube, I hear you my firend - I am not disputing even for a moment that the rear seat comfort of the Safari scores over the Scorp- Heck, the Safari is even more comfy than an X5- I kid u not, i am saying this from personal experience.

the trouble is though that I am looking at the complete package and definitely want my SUV to have ABS since the braking on my Safari (LX) was scary! and given my budget constraint of 10L, that takes the GX out of the picture, so it is the Scorp for me.
Old 5th September 2011, 19:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Good point, but the issue is SLE comes only with JK elanzo's and not with bridgestone duellers anymore.

If you can get the dealer to swap the stock tyres to BS, it will be great.

Quote:
HG, do insist and get ONLY Bridgestone Duellers!
Old 5th September 2011, 23:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj, your passionate ownership of the Scorpio is something I have followed with interest over the years and revisited those threads in the last week, primarily because you also own a Safari and an Innova (IIRC) so your views on the Scorpio would put a lot of things in perspective.
But now both the scorpio & safari is gone... and I am stuck with an innova.

I am very keen on the XUV500. Somehow I like Mahindra's vehicles. They are strong performers, suit my driving style & have never let me down in all these years...

Quote:
If all goes well, I plan to pick up a black scorp- I have a thing for black cars and my Safari was black as well, just IMHO, but i feel black brings out the brutish character of an SUV well and since I am moving back to Delhi, where might is right, i would do well to go with the flow
Black scorpio looks killer... especially since white is too common now. Try getting some dark tints if you can & you will end up with a "gangsta" vehicle.

Please done fit any ugly chrome guards in front & rear. Instead get some nice alloys & your SUV would be drool worthy.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Raj, no guards for me whatsoever. I quite like the front end design of the Refresh, though am not too hot on the rear. I like to keep my cars stock, but will certainly go for alloys some time down the line (maybe smoked black/matt silver combo ones) and will get tints before the delhi summer kicks in.

On teh tyres, teh SA informed me that all SLEs are now being shiped only with JKs. but he will try to get BS for me, but i am not too optimistic. Apparently BS come only on VLX now. BTW, the VLX now comes with a new alloy design that is much better than the earlier one.....
Old 6th September 2011, 12:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On teh tyres, teh SA informed me that all SLEs are now being shiped only with JKs. but he will try to get BS for me, but i am not too optimistic.
I have seen some new SLEs with MRF Wanderers and Apollo Hawkz too. Ask the SA if he can manage them at least. JKs are pathetic man; I am just waiting for my Scorp to complete at least 40k kms so that I can change them after that.

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks