Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2020, 10:08   #46
BHPian

Re: Used pre-owned SUV or MPV with 3 seat rows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
My preference list will be:

1. Innova 2.5 (Fits you budget well, drives like a car)
2. Crysta 2.4 (if budget permits)
3. Pajero (If you can source spares easily)
4. Hexa/Xuv500 (forget if this is your primary car)
The Innova 2.5 and Crysta 2.4 were put below in the list because they did not have an AT box but given the dearth of Autos in the Hexa, I might have to look at these options (in fact have already started looking at them). The other problem with the Innova (any generation) is the insane prices being quoted in the used car market (and for good reason) which makes it not a VFM option.

Hexa made it to the top of the list primarily because of the comfort and ride quality it offers, especially on bad roads. Given the condition of the roads, I thought it would be a good option especially when travelling with parents and kids but what you say does make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
Overall I will choose Hexa over the XUV. Go for Hexa XTA and both you and your spouse will enjoy driving and riding it along with your family members.
Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately getting a good XTA with captain seats is turning to be very difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil@786 View Post
Do you happen to know of companies whose exteriors don't crumble over time?
I dont have experience of many brands apart from MS, Toyota (Innova 2.5) and Hyundai. Of these, Toyota holds extremely well irrespective of age or the kilometers on the odo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
I wonder why Superb/Jetta are shortlisted when you are looking for 3 seat rows!
Also why not consider Morazzo, XL6.
I had considered them in case the seats are wide and can accommodate an adult with 2 child seats but looks like that isnt the case. As for the Marazzo, will be looking at it if I chose to go for a new one. XL6 is excluded for the reason mentioned earlier in the thread
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 23:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
The Innova 2.5 and Crysta 2.4 were put below in the list because they did not have an AT box but given the dearth of Autos in the Hexa, I might have to look at these options
I was in the same boat as you few months back. With a budget of 15 lacs I was also looking for similar options. Preowned crysta made no sense. Finally decided to go for new crysta 2.4 AT. Had to stretch the budget by another 6+ lacs but its worth it given the low interest rates these days. Apart from better resale value I took into account the fact that 5-6k per month is the additional maintenance cost of preowned Tata vehicles.

Aria Replacement (Tata Aria replacement? EDIT: Booked Innova GX AT)

Hexa AT is indeed the most comfortable of the lot plus acres of space inside; enough to even park a nano. You can not go wrong with Hexa either.
Wish you good luck with your search

Regards
Bravo
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 12:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
I was in the same boat as you few months back. With a budget of 15 lacs I was also looking for similar options. Preowned crysta made no sense. Finally decided to go for new crysta 2.4 AT. Had to stretch the budget by another 6+ lacs but its worth it given the low interest rates these days. Apart from better resale value I took into account the fact that 5-6k per month is the additional maintenance cost of preowned Tata vehicles.

Hexa AT is indeed the most comfortable of the lot plus acres of space inside; enough to even park a nano. You can not go wrong with Hexa either.
I am deliberately trying to limit the budget around 10 +/- a lakh because I would prefer to be loan free (a lesson learnt from the current pandemic). If I go for a new Crysta, it has to be an AT and preferably in the lowest variant possible but that too would cost 20+ OTR if I am not wrong.

Hexa AT was (and is) first choice but after weeks and probably a few months of search have not found the AT+captain seat combo. There is only 1 available in Pune which, from the pics, is not in a good shape but nothing that cannot be fixed. Its with Cars24 and they are least bothered to contact. So now my search has come down to a Hexa MT and Innova 2.5 MT captain seat variants. While the Innova has some options available but the Hexa again has only 1 available. Now given that the Hexa MT is not that city friendly, I am unable to decided between a newer, lesser run, more comfortable/better riding Hexa MT or a older, more run Innova 2.5 MT.

Last edited by centaur : 17th September 2020 at 12:12.
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 12:20   #49
BHPian

Will suggest you to go for XUV500 AT. Plenty of good ones are available. Post 2015 ones are quite reliable. If you want AT stick to that otherwise you will regret later on.
smooth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 12:45   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
Will suggest you to go for XUV500 AT.
Options in Pune are very limited with handful of them being available. Adding to it they are high run (all over a lakh) and overpriced. So unfortunately that doesn't seem an option at present. Again an MT could be considered but from many on the forum, I understand it would not age well
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 14:00   #51
BHPian

Ok. You suggested earlier that you are not in hurry. Here in NCR I see many low mileage XUV so keep checking and you will find the right one.
As compared to Hexa lot more copies of XUV got sold so chances of getting a well maintained XUV will be much more higher.
smooth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 14:34   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hexa AT was (and is) first choice but after weeks and probably a few months of search have not found the AT+captain seat combo.
After using the Crysta with captain seat I somehow feel the captain seats are overhyped. I found my Aria's second row bench seats equally comfortable. Between AT and captain seats better ditch the captain seats over AT. With acres of space in Hexa you wont miss the Captain seats.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 16:35   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Between AT and captain seats better ditch the captain seats over AT.
Hope to have that luxury. Looking at the current market, looks like I am going to have to settle for an MT unfortunately
Old 18th September 2020, 16:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hexa AT was (and is) first choice but after weeks and probably a few months of search have not found the AT+captain seat combo.
Please go for the bench seat version. You anyway have armrest which actually splits the seat area between the two passengers. The better part is that the bench seat can used for sleeping as well, by children & aged alike, if the need arises.

In our Hexa, the 2nd row bench seat is used by my kids for sleeping most of the times in our long journeys. Also i have used the same to carry my aged parents to doctors place, they could lie down comfortably and sleep for the entire duration of the travel.
SaurabhB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 21:04   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In our Hexa, the 2nd row bench seat is used by my kids for sleeping most of the times in our long journeys. Also i have used the same to carry my aged parents to doctors place, they could lie down comfortably and sleep for the entire duration of the travel.
Advance apologies for the un-savoriness that follows - please avoid having anyone sleep in the second row bench. In the event of a collision, it is the unsecured middle 2nd row passenger who travels the farthest within the cabin of the car, usually getting flung between the front seats all the way till the windshield/dashboard. I lost my grandmother in exactly the same manner. Sorry again for introducing such unpleasant thoughts.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 21:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Found one low mileage XTA in Pune. 2017 XTA 25,000 kms.
https://www.olx.in/item/tata-hexa-xt...iid-1595063483
Unfortunately doesn't come with captain seats :-(
But might be within the 3 year warranty that would allow you to purchase additional warranty for peace of mind.
Attached Images

irdevanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 10:20   #57
BHPian

Quote:
The better part is that the bench seat can used for sleeping as well, by children & aged alike, if the need arises.

In our Hexa, the 2nd row bench seat is used by my kids for sleeping most of the times in our long journeys.
Point taken about the added advantage of a bench seat but I generally dont prefer anyone sleeping in the car while in movement unless its a medical emergency and the person cannot sit. This is because they cannot wear a seat belt and would be at risk even in case of hard braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Found one low mileage XTA in Pune. 2017 XTA 25,000 kms.
https://www.olx.in/item/tata-hexa-xt...iid-1595063483
Thanks for sharing. Had already tried contacting this dealer for this hexa and another Innova he had. Never got a response from him
Old 11th October 2020, 16:52   #58
BHPian

I was also on the look-out for a 7 seater MUV/ SUV and after a long search finally zeroed in on a pre-worshipped 2017 XUV500 AT (W6). Very few Hexas available in the Bangalore used car market and those that are are quite steeply priced. Have completed 2 road trips in the 2 months since getting the XUV. One of them was a day trip (160km) with 7 adults onboard and the car was extremely comfortable (silky smooth AT box) with no complaints from even the third row passengers. The other trip was a 500 km round trip to Chikmaglur with just two of us and I must say that it was a pleasure to drive the XUV on NH75. The Hexa feels more premium on the inside but the XUV offers unbeatable value in the used car market (10-12 lacs).
Got the XUV serviced through Sireesh Auto and must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the overall service experience from Sireesh and Mahindra, especially in these covid times. All protocols were very well followed.
Will put up an ownership review of the XUV soon!
Old 11th October 2020, 20:18   #59
BHPian

My first post here!

IMO,buying a 2015 Innova with less run makes sense albeit bit expensive.Why I’m saying because we had bought a same vintage Innova VX in gold colour last year for ₹14L and the car had run 54000 Kms when we bought it and my uncle is satisfied with the purchase as he had first gen Innova,which met with an accident and was declared total loss and after 3.5 months of accident,he bought that Innova which was recommended by myself.

Here,in Hyderabad,people quote hefty price for old Innovas along with Crystas and Fortuners.For eg,we’ve been offered around ₹8L for our 2011 Innova VX,which has run 165000 Kms and we are the second owner of this vehicle.
Old 25th November 2020, 14:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

3 options in my opinion, which I'm sure have been quoted already.

1) Hexa XTA or XMA.
2) Innova crysta AT.
3) Ertiga XL.

You will not go wrong with either. Bear in mind that with 3 rows up, none of the cars offer any touring kind of luggage space.

Regards
Srini

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks