View Poll Results: Your choice?
Tata Harrier 190 31.05%
Tata Safari 422 68.95%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2021, 12:22   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier vs Tata Safari

A classic case study on how to market a product. If branding the Gravitas to Safari was a master stroke, the usage of the legendary Safari's music along with the adventure edition advertisement just nailed it.

For some reasons I am unable to vote, but if I get a chance to vote, SAFARI it is.
Old 25th February 2021, 12:33   #77
BHPian

I voted for Safari only for its name. The legendary Safari has a ground clearance of 205 mm as against the new generation 2021 Safari's 150 mm. I am just pointing out one of the many differences. Another obvious difference is the sheer road presence of the old Safari.
I own/owned Safaris from the TCIC days and for me this avatar is a pretender.
Prowler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 14:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
No for both the cars. I'm of the opinion that Tatas and Mahindras aren't worth north of 20L. Period.
I hate to admit this but I have held that opinion too. Tata, Mahindra followers shoot me for this but I personally dont want to plonk that sort of a money. I think I need to try the Safari to see if that changes my view though.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 14:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

I’d be lying if I say I didn’t catch a goosebump moment when the Tata Safari’s ad caught me off guard with the music from the legend Safari era. Damn the color choice is hot! Tata made me turn my head for Safari branding again because I didn’t feel happy Harrier 7 seat version getting this legend name but the ad and the color choice kind of changed my perspective don’t blame me for falling just for the ad but blame me I ignored the other legendary bits but the overall color choice and the car looks so smashing! Way to go Tata!
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 14:20   #80
BHPian

I have voted for Harrior. This selection simply that I would not require that extra seats and a more compact vehicle. But I would be very tempted to check out Innova with Captain Seats in that range. I know one cannot compare Safari and Innova as per se. Still I would trust the Toyota reliability a bit more when giving more than 20 Lakhs.
sensible_driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 14:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I voted for Safari only for its name. The legendary Safari has a ground clearance of 205 mm as against the new generation 2021 Safari's 150 mm. I am just pointing out one of the many differences. Another obvious difference is the sheer road presence of the old Safari.
I own/owned Safaris from the TCIC days and for me this avatar is a pretender.
The older Safari was of the times when quoting unladen ground clearance was the norm.

Nowadays new Regulations require the manufacturer to quote Laden ground clearance.

150 is Laden.205 was unladen.

IIRC Harrier unladen for example is 205.
Old 25th February 2021, 15:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

To me Safari signifies everything that’s been VERY BAD with TATA products. The unreliability, lack of finesse, badly designed exterior, gawky interiors, underpowered engine, niggles, niggles and niggles, Tata’s infamous service quality and more.

I am at a loss to understand why they would want to bring all the recall elements of the earlier dinosaur when they’ve started off on a clean sheet of paper, come up with an excellent exterior, a reasonably good interior, put in that nice Fiat engine, improved the handling (from what I hear) and generally bought out a new car that has nothing in common with the earlier one.

Except for the stupid name. I wish they had stuck to Gravitas. Then even the name would have had gravitas.
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 15:57   #83
BHPian

First of all, thanks for making me reconsider my rock solid decision of buying a Harrier. Never do that again

I watched a few videos of the Adventure Persona again to ensure I am not missing out on anything.

Personally voted for Harrier mainly because

1. Harrier is proportional and beautiful
2. Tan interiors are still the best
3. 7 seats is a GOOD to have but considering that you would have some luggage when you go for a trip, you will be carrying it on your laps. In the city, I can always use an Uber.
4. It will be my primary car and I would want it to be a bit smaller in the city although not as small as Creta which is almost an i20 on a minor dosage of steroids (earlier version, newer version of Creta just looks weird)

Overall I am sad for losing a) The coveted "SAFARI" tag b) 4 Disc brakes, but in turn will save more than a lak or 2 considering the discount that I am hoping Harrier will get next month.
Old 25th February 2021, 16:14   #84
Senior - BHPian

Voted for safari because:

1. It is a "Safari"
2. Flexibility to carry additional people or extra boot space
3. TATA has justified the price hike with enough goodies(expecting prices to go up!!)

Perhaps the only area where Harrier scores over Safari is the choice of seat color(white!!). Hoping they introduce camo/dark editions etc which come with darker shade of seats.
Old 25th February 2021, 16:54   #85
BHPian

With around 1 Lakh premium over Tata Harrier, it will definitely “Tata Safari

If I am spending 20 lakh, additional 1.5-2 lakh shouldn’t make much difference in most cases.

Reason -
  1. Flexibility of having 2 additional seats.
  2. Safari is way bigger brand then Harrier.
  3. More features and premium positioning.
  4. Bigger is better mentality.

The only downside for me is the usage of excessive chrome in Tata Safari. But that can be fixed with few extra bucks.
Old 25th February 2021, 16:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Safari for its practicality and seems VFM over Harrier. I also think that the price difference is well worth.

On road (Pune) price comparison.
  • Harrier XE ₹ 17.05 Lakh -- Safari XE ₹ 17.82 Lakh
  • Harrier XT Plus ₹ 21.00 Lakh -- Safari XT Plus ₹ 22.09 Lakh
  • Harrier XZ Plus ₹ 23.09 Lakh -- Safari XZ Plus ₹ 24.15 Lakh

Last edited by HammerHead : 25th February 2021 at 17:00.
Old 25th February 2021, 17:05   #87
BANNED

That advertisement feels really really great with nostalgic music. They have done a great job with this one. Safari looks smashing but Harrier looks more proportionate to me.

However given the feature list and the name, it has to be Safari that I will personally go with. You get third row and bigger boot space (when third row is down), what more is required to compare.
Old 25th February 2021, 17:15   #88
Senior - BHPian

I noticed that boot space reads 750lt with 3rd row folded. Is this true or a typo ? I read that it is around 450lt. Can someone clarify ?
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 17:22   #89
HrB
BHPian

Voted for Safari.

That extra row of seats plus the captain seats in the 2nd row is just perfect for my requirements. Also, it's a 'Safari' after all.
Old 25th February 2021, 17:32   #90
BHPian

Owning one, voted for Harrier as I dont need a 7 seater at any point of time. My family along with my parents are just 5 and Harrier provides a comfortable seating for all the 5. Only thing I miss in Harrier is that electric parking brake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks