View Poll Results: Your choice?
Tata Harrier 190 31.05%
Tata Safari 422 68.95%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2021, 18:15   #91
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier vs Tata Safari

May be the voting should have been between Safari and Innova Crysta, Harrier and Safari are not in the same world, they both have different customers as the specs solve different needs. IMO
Old 25th February 2021, 18:31   #92
BANNED

Looks are subjective so won't get to that, but objectively the Safari is clearly an afterthought, the lines above the rear window have a kink where they extended it, the roof raised to increase the headroom for rear passengers is not elegantly done, no, it is not a bad job at all, far from it, but lately have been witnessing world class designs from Tata with zero compromises, this looks like a compromise.

Had they planned it from day one, i'am sure they could have done a far better job but as things stand, the design is somewhat of a very well done Jugaad in my books and doesn't look right.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 25th February 2021 at 18:33.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 18:49   #93
BHPian

Voted for the Harrier.

Full disclosure: I had booked a Harrier XZA+ on the 5th of February (awaiting delivery).

The day Tata released the price list of Safari - made me question my choice to go with the Harrier XZA+ (looking at you Safari Adventure Persona)

Voted for Harrier because:

1) Looks. I like the rear of the Harrier way more than the Safari.

2) I'm upgrading from a hatchback. My requirement is strictly a 5 seater. Safari being a 7 seater/ 6 seater is stretching it.

The powertrain and the auto box remain the same between Harrier and Safari. Reviews say that the NVH levels are better in a Safari though (than the Harrier).

I'm smitten by the grille in Safari Adventure Persona. Looks beautiful. Will surely try to source one and fit it to my Harrier XZA+ once available.
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 19:09   #94
BANNED

Not in the market to buy either of the two but voted for Harrier. Mainly because I don't need 3rd row. Heck, my car seldom sees occupants in 2nd row. Also, from front harrier looks better but from behind safari looks better.
Old 25th February 2021, 19:16   #95
BHPian

Voted for Harrier.

Though Safari is value for money compared, Harrier proportions are well balanced. Safari seems an after thought.

For me Safari means, it should be well proportionate and strong body language unlike the harrier soft looks.

Now harrier seems costly. Time for TATA to bring in turbo petrol for harrier and have an attractive starting price to undercut the Creta and Seltos. Definitely it would be well competetive compared to Creta/Seltos and a segment above.
Old 25th February 2021, 19:39   #96
BHPian

Voted for the Harrier.

I am currently contemplating booking the Harrier and getting a deal of ~24.1Lacs (Insurance disc, Dealer disc, Exchange bonus inclusive) for the XZA+ Dark Edition. Safari XZA+ Adventure on-road is 26.1Lacs. Considering this is a new launch, no way any dealer would be willing to pass on the insurance discount forget about any other discount. Prices mentioned are On-Road Mumbai without any extended warranty, accessories or AMC plan.

IMHO, the Dark Edition Harrier looks absolutely stunning. I am slightly tilted towards the Safari only for the Adventure persona edition. Rest of the Safari colors and interior trim don't appeal me. I have no need of 7 seats but would have liked the EPB, Rear discs, TPMS & Connected Car tech in that order on the Harrier. The TPMS can be taken as an accessory though.

Quoting a message that I recently exchanged with a BHPIAN (Venku2015) who I believe went on to book the Harrier. "I don't need a 7 seater. The obvious reason is we are a family of 4 only and those two extra seats will always invite extra people like relatives, friends etc and we lose our privacy and give me a taxi driver feel". Also not to say that close friends and family will keep asking to borrow your vehicle from time to time. I recently borrowed my close friend's INNOVA on a sort of forced family trip which in the end left me with a taxi driver feeling.

Lastly, if I was to seriously consider the Safari, I might as well wait for the XUV5OO as it would be launched at a similar price point and would be feature loaded. However I also have a feeling that it won't be as good looking as the Harrier or Safari. So in short, might book the Harrier Dark and Reclaim my Life

Last edited by MadAbtCars : 25th February 2021 at 19:53.
MadAbtCars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 20:12   #97
BHPian

Being a big fat gujju household , we travel with all the razzmatazz(read theplas). What I mean is the boot space is utmost important for us, hence voted for the harrier.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 23:20   #98
BHPian

I’m booking a veh in March. But which one?

The heart says Safari XZA+, the mind says “since you’re already stretching the budget this much, forget about the Auto, pay 50 grands more and get the Mighty Innova Crysta Vx and relax for the next seven years and not worry about reliability”

The kids say “anything with a Big sunroof” and Mom says “don’t care about anything else, just got to be Red”.

I might end up buying a Red Hyundai Creta with a big sunroof for the family and quietly getting a used Scorpio with a 4wd for when I’m in the mood.

It’ll come to around the same ballpark figure.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 23:28   #99
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
I’m booking a veh in March.
If this can be extended to June/July, the next gen XUV 500. It will have a big sunroof, an automatic and AWD at this price point and should mostly be available in red.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 02:07   #100
BHPian

What would be just two ordinary crossovers in any other country can generate so much buzz here, that to me speaks volumes about the state of the Indian automotive scene. There are no genuinely exciting cars and even if there were any the cost of petrol would take care of nipping whatever enthusiasm is left in the bud. I've recently discovered the joy of taking Ubers, which on CNG end up costing less than the petrol my car would burn to cover the same distance. What's even sillier is that neither of these cars has any special ability, and a Dzire will go just about anywhere these 2 will, probably with less of a fuss. At least the Thar can off-road. Wake me up when Tata makes something genuinely exciting.
karanddd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 18:53   #101
BHPian

Voted for Safari. The value proposition is just too good, added features + brand recall make it the preferred choice over the Harrier which is a compelling product by itself.

IMO Tata Motors needs to take a real aggressive marketing and sales initiative, more now than ever because of the slew of great products they have in their stable. While the leaders have more offerings, Tata have ensured that their products hit the desirability factor in their respective segments.

Tata could have shocked the market and competition by launching the Safari at the same price as the Harrier and reducing the Harrier's price by a lac per variant. However that's my wishful thinking, I'm sure the people in charge know better.
Pashin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 21:05   #102
Senior - BHPian

Safari is not a proper 7-seater and Harrier is indeed a proper 5-seater so for the sole reason voted for Harrier.

Tata couldn't do much with Safari, Storme was outdated to begin with so they decided to fit 2 more seats at the rear and call it Safari. For Safari team's laziness alone I couldn't vote for it.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 02:34   #103
bvk
BHPian

I can't vote on this but neither one for me. Plonking 25+ on a car I would need an assurance that the model will stay for atleast 10 years if not 15 or 20. Can someone recall how many models Tata has discontinued in the recent past?
Old 27th February 2021, 10:14   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Being a big fat gujju household , we travel with all the razzmatazz(read theplas). What I mean is the boot space is utmost important for us, hence voted for the harrier.

Regards
Dieseltuned
If you consider both Harrier and Safari as 5 seaters then the boot space is also same right? BUT, the safari will have the added option to give you even one extra seat at the back if you occasionally need - with the 2nd last row seat capable of being folded down flat to provide nominal boot space.
Old 27th February 2021, 11:26   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
If you consider both Harrier and Safari as 5 seaters then the boot space is also same right? BUT, the safari will have the added option to give you even one extra seat at the back if you occasionally need - with the 2nd last row seat capable of being folded down flat to provide nominal boot space.
Valid point. However we are only 5 travelling passangers and the utilisation of the 6th and 7th seat would not be even 10%. So my thinking is 5 seats plus boot space is equal to the harrier.
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks