BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass vs VW T-Roc vs Hyundai Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
A google search led me to this.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...seating-409719

and https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...options-418600
This one is more recent.

But these are old articles. The competition has evolved - XUV 700 would be a more mature product by then. And we have already seen the covid and the chip shortage disruptions. I would not rely on such old articles for any decision making.
I agree with you. Hyundai seems to have used this design for Creta face lift. May be they are chucking Tucson launch as they have Alcazar to compete with XUV700 and moving to launch Santa Fe which sits above Tucson and can compete with likes of Jeep Compass, VW/ Skoda cars - Kodiaq/Tiguan and Fortuner. Getting Alcazar should have given the clue. Suddenly market is raging towards 7 seaters and Range Rover is also introducing 7 seater
Old 27th October 2021, 10:05   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
May be they are chucking Tucson launch as they have Alcazar to compete with XUV700 and moving to launch Santa Fe which sits above Tucson and can compete with likes of Jeep Compass, VW/ Skoda cars - Kodiaq/Tiguan and Fortuner.
I doubt that. What they might do is get the slightly larger Tucson and move up half a price segment. Into the 35+ zone. I doubt they will relaunch the Santa Fe. It’s easier to play a notch below the Fortuner’s Bahubali status and price point.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 13:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I doubt that. What they might do is get the slightly larger Tucson and move up half a price segment. Into the 35+ zone. I doubt they will relaunch the Santa Fe. It’s easier to play a notch below the Fortuner’s Bahubali status and price point.
This is what I was mentioning. If this looks come in for Creta, not sure many will pay 32 L for Tucson
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/hyunda...led-giias-2021
Old 16th January 2022, 22:42   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mail.atyagi View Post
This is where exactly I am. Or wait..I have rather added to the confusion by booking a Jeep Compass Model S Diesel AT yesterday and since then doubting my decision.
Had test driven Tuscon, liked the engine+AT (diesel) but interiors look dated.
Alcazar - Sort of neither here nor there. Didn't excite me enough to go for test ride. Had a look in the dealership though.
Innova Crysta - Already have 2.8GX AT. Would love to buy 2.7 ZX but everyone in family wants a different car (can't understand how paying more, buying a smaller car which isn't that reliable fits into this idea but I'm still alone in family who wants this option)
Thought about going a level up and go for Fortuner but then sanity returns quickly thinking about the OTR price.
Maybe VW can surprise by launching Tiguan quickly. Is it too much to wish for? Or they can surprise by delaying the launch till October and then pricing it 35L + ex-showroom?
Compass - Test driven both Diesel and Petrol. Petrol is lazy but diesel seems adequately powered. Heard about bad AT but felt fine in test rides (maybe I am driving Crysta 2.8 AT and that transmission too isn't great either but gets the work done without much hassles). For now, holding on to the booking of Compass (paid 20K, refundable).
If you are able to make up your mind, do post. There are others who are also in same dilemma and need help
I really want to know your final decision as I am confused on fuel type for Jeep Compass. I am sure that I will go for AT.
Old 18th January 2022, 12:48   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie1985 View Post
I really want to know your final decision as I am confused on fuel type for Jeep Compass. I am sure that I will go for AT.
I went for Innova Crysta ZX AT petrol. Though I loved Compass model S but 33+ lacs seemed bit too much. So now have Innova Crysta siblings and I'm not complianing. Though Hilux seems to be mouth watering. Hope Toyota doesn't becomes too greedy and price it at par with Fortuner. If under 30 lacs ex showroom for 4WD, I can plan replacing 2.8 G with it. Last time mind won over heart but again heart is racing.
Wish you good luck for your purchase decision.
Mail.atyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 09:40   #51
BHPian

Team, I am in the same confusion as others and waiting on the sidelines since last few months. Confused about petrol vs diesel, as with compass and tuscon diesel are said to be better than their petrol engines. I don't have much running less than 10k per year. Here is the options which I evaluated.
Compass petrol manual - affordable but only in base variant
Compass petrol AT - does not seem to have good reviews, felt lethargic compared to other petrol AT
Compass diesel manual - can go for limited, but long clutch throw and dpf issues are concern.
Compass Diesel AT - going over budget, again dpf issues
Tuscon diesel - seems to be good, cost 2L more than petrol, DPF issues with diesel, don't want to stuck with the DPF regeneration routine.
Tuscon petrol AT - cheaper than diesel, not available for test drive, haven't found much reviews. Can be considered.
New Tuscon : Not sure in what price range it will be launched
TROC - Tried desperately to get hold of some last available cars, but could not. New TROC can be considered provided it is launched in next 1 or 2 months and price at around 23 24x showroom.
Creta/ seltos : Just don't want them
Kodiaq/ Tiguan/ C5 - Don't want to stretch the budget that much.
kushaq/ Taigun : Feels compact compared to their pricing. Though Taigun is still in the list, might have preferred GT+ manual to avoid DSG.
S-cross - outgoing model, new model will take time.

Requesting team members to guide me. The wait is just getting longer and longer. Currently without a car.
Old 6th February 2022, 11:35   #52
BHPian

nadbe, it would help forum members to guide you if you tell us what are the "must have" and the "would like to have" parameters which would also help you shortlist.
Old 6th February 2022, 17:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadbe View Post
I don't have much running less than 10k per year. Here is the options which I evaluated.
Compass petrol manual - affordable but only in base variant
Compass petrol AT - does not seem to have good reviews, felt lethargic compared to other petrol AT
Compass diesel manual - can go for limited, but long clutch throw and dpf issues are concern.
Compass Diesel AT - going over budget, again dpf issues
Tuscon diesel - seems to be good, cost 2L more than petrol, DPF issues with diesel, don't want to stuck with the DPF regeneration routine.
Tuscon petrol AT - cheaper than diesel, not available for test drive, haven't found much reviews. Can be considered.
New Tuscon : Not sure in what price range it will be launched
TROC - Tried desperately to get hold of some last available cars, but could not. New TROC can be considered provided it is launched in next 1 or 2 months and price at around 23 24x showroom.
Creta/ seltos : Just don't want them
Kodiaq/ Tiguan/ C5 - Don't want to stretch the budget that much.
kushaq/ Taigun : Feels compact compared to their pricing. Though Taigun is still in the list, might have preferred GT+ manual to avoid DSG.
S-cross - outgoing model, new model will take time.

Requesting team members to guide me. The wait is just getting longer and longer. Currently without a car.
Your confusion in some aspects mirrors my own. Hopefully my conclusions help you

-My running is also less then 7k kms per year. Also I live in NCR hence Petrol is the way to go.
- I am confused between AT & MT too. Safer bet is AT as I just don't have patience for MT.
- I want SUV too however in my case I have soft spot for Thar as have grown up in Army towns and all my childhood sat in Jongas & Gypsy.
- I also like Jeep Compass however only in Petrol MT.
- XUV 700 Petrol MT have tried and liked it quite a bit.

My conclusion either I will get Thar Petrol AT or XUV 700 Petrol MT. Compass Petrol MT is out as find its engine punny.

Hope this helps as have no clear answers.
Old 6th February 2022, 22:29   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
nadbe, it would help forum members to guide you if you tell us what are the "must have" and the "would like to have" parameters which would also help you shortlist.
My requirements are
1. Safety
2. 5 seater with big boot ( 430l or more)
3. Reliable as I will keep it for 6+ years.
4. Preferably petrol ( can consider diesel, considering power and resale value)
5. Budget 28 or less
Old 7th February 2022, 11:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
My requirements are
1. Safety
2. 5 seater with big boot ( 430l or more)
3. Reliable as I will keep it for 6+ years.
4. Preferably petrol ( can consider diesel, considering power and resale value)
5. Budget 28 or less
I guess you have a clear answer based on this criterion. Since you need a 5 seater, S-cross, Compass, Creta, and Seltos are not to be considered. They do not have 5 point seat belt for the rear middle passenger and as such, I would not put someone through the risk of going on a highway wearing a lap belt.

Kushaq and Taigun have a very narrow cabin and cannot accommodate three people in the rear seat.

A budget of 28 Lacs would rule out Kodiaq, Tiguan, and C5. T-roc is not available presently.

Based on this, Tucson is the only car that fulfills all your criteria. Go, buy it.
Bhargav7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 18:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargav7 View Post

Based on this, Tucson is the only car that fulfills all your criteria. Go, buy it.
Thanks for your suggestion, even I was zeroing on Tuscon, but was confused about petrol vs diesel. Haven't found much discussions about petrol vs diesel Tuscon.we have a lot of info on Jeep Petrol vs Diesel and jeep Diesel seems to be clear winner.
Old 13th February 2022, 00:48   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion, even I was zeroing on Tuscon, but was confused about petrol vs diesel. Haven't found much discussions about petrol vs diesel Tuscon.we have a lot of info on Jeep Petrol vs Diesel and jeep Diesel seems to be clear winner.
I bought a Diesel Tucson in October 2021,i also happen to have the 2017 petrol Tucson in the family. The petrol car is perfectly capable and has enough power. However, the Diesel engine and the new gearbox is a firecracker. It always picks the right gear and is an absolute joy on the highway.

I would say go for the diesel if you are not concerned with the 10 year rule in NCR. Let me know if you have any specific questions since i have driven both versions of this very rare car
AP_1812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 10:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP_1812 View Post
I bought a Diesel Tucson in October 2021,i also happen to have the 2017 petrol Tucson in the family. The petrol car is perfectly capable and has enough power.
I don't have much highway run, may be around 20- 30% and rest will be in the City. My expected KM will be less than 10k in a year. So from running perspective, I don't have diesel requirement, also worried about handling dpf regeneration routine. I have been driving petrol cars and not even required to open the bonnet, so a bit reluctant to consider diesel, though I know diesel will fetch better resale.

And just to add, the family wants to wait for new tuscon
Old 13th February 2022, 14:36   #59
BHPian

@nadbe - It makes complete sense to buy a petrol for your use case, and it is also sensible to wait for the new model if you can.

However, if its petrol, there may be better options over the Tucson. The 2.0 NA engine is decent but has a drinking issue, i have rarely seen it give more than 7-8 kmpl in Mumbai. Its best when driven with a light foot.

I would suggest you test drive both the versions.

The new Tucson may be available in a turbo petrol version, and that may make it more fun to drive.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Last edited by AP_1812 : 13th February 2022 at 14:38. Reason: language correction.
Old 14th February 2022, 21:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP_1812 View Post
@nadbe - It makes complete sense to buy a petrol for your use case, and it is also sensible to wait for the new model if you can.

However, if its petrol, there may be better options over the Tucson. The 2.0 NA engine is decent but has a drinking issue, i have rarely seen it give more than 7-8 kmpl in Mumbai. Its best when driven with a light foot.

I would suggest you test drive both the versions.

The new Tucson may be available in a turbo petrol version, and that may make it more fun to drive.

Best of luck with your purchase.
Yes most likely will wait for New Tucson, only worry is about the price bracket, hope it is not launched in Tiguan price range. That's why I am also waiting for new TROC, with the increase price if it comes to around 24L X showroom, that will be great.Driven the 2021 Troc, liked it very much, but could not get hold of one. Saw few demo ones, but was not interested in them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks