Kia Carens 9 1.39%
Toyota Innova Crysta 111 17.13%
Mahindra XUV700 253 39.04%
Others (please specify in your post) 6 0.93%
Voters: 648. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2024, 20:35   #136
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N vs Tata Safari vs Hyundai Alcazar vs Mahindra XUV700 vs Others

With the launch of Tata Safari 2023, I wonder how would this poll rating go today?
Old 30th January 2024, 23:17   #137

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N vs Tata Safari vs Hyundai Alcazar vs Mahindra XUV700 vs Others

In my opinion new feature rich Safari will definitely eat into XUV 700 and Scorpio N numbers. But it will be interesting to see actual poll results in case a new poll is created now
Old 18th February 2024, 19:15   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash006 View Post
In my opinion new feature rich Safari will definitely eat into XUV 700 and Scorpio N numbers. But it will be interesting to see actual poll results in case a new poll is created now
But, the sales numbers say something opposite ! Scorpio-N sold 14k units and XUV700 7k units compared to Harrier=2.6k and Safari=2.8k units, which is not even half of what Mahindra sold

peace
sulliavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 15:04   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
But, the sales numbers say something opposite ! Scorpio-N sold 14k units and XUV700 7k units compared to Harrier=2.6k and Safari=2.8k units, which is not even half of what Mahindra sold

peace
I do not think numbers indicate which car is better. It only indicates what the customers want. If a car offers everything the common customer wants, it does not necessarily make it a good car. It only makes it a good product.

A good car is something us BHPians will identify better because we are enthusiasts who look into minute details of the mechanicals. Its the mechanicals that make a good car. Not the creature comfort features. Otherwise, why would TeamBhpians go gaga over erstwhile VW Jetta. It was because of the solid engineering and not because it offered ventilated seats, 360 degree camera, panoramic sunroof etc - it did not have any of these things.

Another example, the Tata Nano had great mechanicals (I am talking about the manual transmission because the automatic had many issues) but it did not sell. It was/is a fantastic car to drive just for the simplicity of the mechanicals and the feel of the drive. Same goes for the Citroen C3, Jimny (Indian customers want a butch SUV and that is why Jimny does not sell well. For the common man, it has nothing to do with the car's mechanicals aka "weak 1.5L engine and boring 4 speed transmission"), Marazzo, Endeavour (got outsold by the Fortuner in a big big way) and some other cars past & present.
Old 20th February 2024, 19:56   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
I do not think numbers indicate which car is better.

A good car is something us BHPians will identify better because we are enthusiasts who look into minute details of the mechanicals. Its the mechanicals that make a good car. Not the creature comfort features. Otherwise, why would TeamBhpians go gaga over erstwhile VW Jetta. It was because of the solid engineering and not because it offered ventilated seats, 360 degree camera, panoramic sunroof etc - it did not have any of these things.
That's a general view point not specific to this specific conversation regarding Safari/Harrier vs ScorpioN/XUV700.

Even ScorpioN doesn't have all these features/creature comforts and yet sells because it offers value ! that too being mechanically well made ! All other SUVs mentioned are not even SUVs in true sense except ScorpioN and all of them are more expensive.

peace

Last edited by sulliavi : 20th February 2024 at 20:02.
Old 20th February 2024, 20:27   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
That's a general view point not specific to this specific conversation regarding Safari/Harrier vs ScorpioN/XUV700.

Even ScorpioN doesn't have all these features/creature comforts and yet sells because it offers value ! that too being mechanically well made ! All other SUVs mentioned are not even SUVs in true sense except ScorpioN and all of them are more expensive.

peace
I don't think I wrote anywhere that I think Tata Safari is a mechanically sorted car. What was the point of pointing out the link of niggles to me?

I am only saying that the poll is for TeamBhpians to vote for the car they think is the best car among the choices given and TeamBhpians are known for voting for the best car and not the best selling car (as you have mentioned in your post). I do not understand why you were pointing out ScorpioN as the best selling car because of its "value". We are Indians, obviously we go for best value. But the best selling car is not always the best car.

So sales numbers do not mean anything.

A car can be good (or best) despite sales numbers. Which is not to say that the ScorpioN is a bad car.

I hope you get the point.
Old 20th February 2024, 20:55   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
I don't think I wrote anywhere that I think Tata Safari is a mechanically sorted car. What was the point of pointing out the link of niggles to me?

I am only saying that the poll is for TeamBhpians to vote for the car they think is the best car among the choices given and TeamBhpians are known for voting for the best car and not the best selling car (as you have mentioned in your post). I do not understand why you were pointing out ScorpioN as the best selling car because of its "value". We are Indians, obviously we go for best value. But the best selling car is not always the best car.

So sales numbers do not mean anything.

A car can be good (or best) despite sales numbers. Which is not to say that the ScorpioN is a bad car.

I hope you get the point.
What you should understand is that, my answer was to fellow bhpian's statement - "In my opinion new feature rich Safari will definitely eat into XUV 700 and Scorpio N numbers." He never mentioned a poll in this line FYI. Since he brought up numbers, I showed him latest sales numbers.

I too hope you get the point.

peace

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks