Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 22:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Some exploits of the "softroader". Ofcourse the roads are soft in these cases.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...-vehicles.html

Although these were posted a gazillion times on the forum, repeating this for fast reference.
Old 24th March 2008, 22:10   #32
Team-BHP Support

hmmm what price will you get 2nd hand Pajero? and how old is it?
Old 24th March 2008, 22:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Sumit i am not agains Safari,

Pls visit my garage you'll find one there which i own.

for me anyday its the Safari 3L Dicor.

I am not against the Pajero as well.

VFM-Safari Rules
When did I say that you're against the Safari?
Old 24th March 2008, 22:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Go for the 2.2 safariVX 4x4 as JK said.Plonk in as many goodies as you feel and feel happy about it.Pajero is a terrific vehicle but safari would be easy on the pocket.
ram
Old 24th March 2008, 23:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Me getting a pajero and safari 2.2 weekend for testing. Pajero is an used one but well kept and 2.2 from the showroom. Will keep posted on the drive feel and final decision. Hopefully i will be able to get my new room mate soon. Decided to sell off my existing 1.9TD who provided good service for sometime though the side effect was the rattling
This report should be an interesting comparison.

Bit OT, hows your 1.9TD. Can we have a small write up about it?
Old 25th March 2008, 07:44   #36
BHPian

Regarding my safari experience.

Its a decent vehicle. Feels safe and huge legroom so can sit comfortable and drive continuously. The main drawback is the sluggishness but once it reaches fifth gear and above 80kmph it moves till 120 without effort. After 120-140 (speedo readin so assuming correction this would be max 130) you need to push it hard. Hard braking causes the car to skid a bit to one side, only if the car was at speeds above 100kmph. This is common in the older versions. Constant gear shifts are a pain. So kind of second - third gear use in city traffic.

I have not had any major problems with the car except tire puncture and I ensure my vehicles are kept in good condition. Small parts like seat recliner knob, door pads etc are not available so need to manage with them. Other spares are cheap so pocket friendly.

The AC is decent not great but good to keep you cool in summer heat. It takes slightly longer to cool the car though. The central AC Is good and keeps the middle and back row comfortable. Quality of plastic is pathetic but then that's the problem with most tata cars. Overall a decent car, have taken it to many places in south india and have travelled extensively through rain and mud. Never stopped

Whatever said and done, the car is a decent SUV. I call him appu and don't think there is no day without him. If i can squeeze more power out of my car then i would not have thought of selling it. But then there is no Pete's box available, no bigger turbochargers or mods avaliable to squeeze more power out of it.

Best,
Sunish
Old 25th March 2008, 08:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
suman- this post gives me flashbacks and post traumatic stress disorder.
OT: Heh-heh Doc, you're not gonna believe this but I did get a feeling of deja vu & was going to post the linky to "that" thread - I did have a small chuckle about it, though!
Old 25th March 2008, 12:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Some more

(my favorite, fully loaded TCIC with luggage on roof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Some exploits of the "softroader". Ofcourse the roads are soft in these cases.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...-vehicles.html

YouTube - Tatateam en una tralera
YouTube - Tatateam trial 1
YouTube - Tatateam trial 2

Although these were posted a gazillion times on the forum, repeating this for fast reference.
Although OT: A stunt with safari

Last edited by dadu : 25th March 2008 at 12:06.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Pajero is totally overpriced considering the 20 Lac pricetag.Comparing it with Safari Dicor is totally out of question considering the VFM safari offers.

it we compare VX 4x4 with Pajero,i would anyday pick Safari and save 10Lacs.

People say Pajero is reliable and i'm sure it doesnt mean that Safari is not reliable.

and nobody likes that 2 paint job on Pajero.

Pajero is a nice vehicle if and only if its priced in territory of 12Lacs otherwise its total wastage of money.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post

Pajero is a nice vehicle if and only if its priced in territory of 12Lacs otherwise its total wastage of money.
Considering that Safari , Scorpio etc are priced around 10 Lakhs, Pajero can be priced 4-5 lakhs above them considering the refinement, fit & finish,build quality, handling etc,. Stuffs like parking sensors, LCD displays etc,. are minor things for a SUV. Its annoying when you keep hearing rattling noises.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sunish, Have you test driven the Pajero yet? How about a used Toyota LC Prado?

IMHO, The Indian (i.e Hindustan Motors) Pajero looks old even if it is brand new.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Considering that Safari , Scorpio etc are priced around 10 Lakhs, Pajero can be priced 4-5 lakhs above them considering the refinement, fit & finish,build quality, handling etc,. Stuffs like parking sensors, LCD displays etc,. are minor things for a SUV. Its annoying when you keep hearing rattling noises.
Please dont bring Scorpio in this as it doesnt belong here as you are talking about handling here.

What handling you are talking about ? Whats there in Pajero to make you believe that its handling is better than Safari VX ?

4-5 lakhs for Refinement,fit-finish,build quality,handling,parking sensors etc etc.

and my friend its easy to say 4-5 lakhs for plastics and sensors,nobody pays that much for these small things, Will you pay ?

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 25th March 2008 at 12:53.
Old 25th March 2008, 13:00   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

What handling you are talking about ? Whats there in Pajero to make you believe that its handling is better than Safari VX ?
Having driven either, I can tell you that the Pajeros road manners are far better than the Safaris. However, when it comes to ride quality, the Safari scores.
Old 25th March 2008, 13:00   #44
BHPian

The reason to bring in Scorpio is the 10 Lakh price range. And I think build quality, fit and finish etc matters a lot for a car. Pajero is much better than Safari in these area. And these aspects plays a major part in cost of a vehicle compared to stuffs like parking sensors, LCD display etc,.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Been following this thread since it is created and thought it has no rationale at all, as there is a disparity of almost 11 LAKHS. However, that stands corrected since sunishsamuel is considering used Pajeros also.

By reading your posts it is very evident that you are longing for the Pajero driver seat....

Honestly if I have 20L to dispense, I would still go for the Safari and invest the remaining in a portfolio. The Pajero is simply not worth of 20L.

After 5 years I will sell my Safari, my portfolio and post a new thread in the "what car?" section....

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 25th March 2008 at 14:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks