Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 12:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raji,

> The brake pads had worn out because I use the forester only for long drives > and hence they may have more wear and tear.

Ok.

> The average mileage is between 9 and 10 kmpl.

That is what I would expect it ot give. The showroom had assured that it would give 12+ in highway runs when I had my test drive.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

I have taken the possesion of Forester yesterday. Thanks to Kadam for helping with quick Finance!
I am going on long drive to Costal karnataka, western ghats region. I will be posting some pics as soon as I am back.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I have taken the possesion of Forester yesterday. Thanks to Kadam for helping with quick Finance!
I am going on long drive to Costal karnataka, western ghats region. I will be posting some pics as soon as I am back.
Congrats on the possession of your Forrester. Happy and safe motoring!
I was just having a chat with Kiran and he told me that you had picked up a Forrester. Also, I saw that this thread was put up too.
Old 28th August 2008, 14:06   #64
BHPian

Quote:
If it is a silver colour Forester, probably it belongs to a friend of mine who imported Suraru logos and fixed them on his Chevrolet Forester. Probably I will do the same.
Nope this car was black
Old 29th August 2008, 08:08   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the Forester Club. I am sure that you will not be disappointed with your choice. Do regularly check the wheel alignment as you have to change all 4 tyres at the same time.
Old 29th August 2008, 12:13   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Guna, You must thank HDFC Bank Ltd for the quick loan.

While i was just a media.

Enjoy your drive, waiting for the pics eagerly.cheers:
Old 29th August 2008, 12:17   #67
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Enjoy Guna!
Have a safe, pleasant drive!
Cheerios

Quote:
Old 16th October 2008, 14:49   #68

Quote:
I had come across a 2004 Forester in Gurgaon which had done only 18k. Not to sure if it is still available
Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use more than two smilies per post.

Yup this one was up for grabs, fortunately I picked it up in July. Its a fab drive.Have been hunting for past 6 months, had test driven at least 7 of them in NCR but this one I picked up without a TD. Had no scratches, even had the delivery stickers on till date, has been serviced thrice till now at 5K intervals.

+Awesome drive, could achieve 165+ with ease on Karnal-herbertpur-Dehradun stretch, was rock steady.
+Chassis actualy give you a feel of WRX sti.
+ returned 10.2 kpl on highway and varies between 9.5-9.8 in delhi city with A/c on.
+No other SUV packs in so much of punch
+Have smoked CRVs,Endeavours you name it.

_Spares would be an awry affair, brake pads costed me 10K though they still had some life.

Looking forward to the Desert storm 09, dune bashing

I still know of a forester which was up for sale till last month form the owner of autovikas which had done 2.50.000 on the odo for Rs.7.5 lacs.
No regrets till date- So far the best SUV India could import- Do I sound like a Die hard

Last edited by GTO : 17th October 2008 at 12:19.
Old 16th October 2008, 15:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

@powerbaleno
Congrats! I was preparing to make a trip to Gurgaon from Bangalore to finalise on this but finally let it go due to the distance in invloved/re-registration hassles etc.
Welcome to the Forester club (well it should be the other around since I bought the Forester after you )

Last edited by Guna : 16th October 2008 at 15:22.
Old 16th October 2008, 21:45   #70
BHPian

Pictures Please

Guys..would you all like to post the pictures of ur forresters
Old 16th October 2008, 23:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbaleno View Post
Yup this one was up for grabs, fortunately I picked it up in July. Its a fab drive.Have been hunting for past 6 months, had test driven at least 7 of them in NCR but this one I picked up without a TD. Had no scratches, even had the delivery stickers on till date, has been serviced thrice till now at 5K intervals.

+Awesome drive, could achieve 165+ with ease on Karnal-herbertpur-Dehradun stretch, was rock steady.cheers:
+Chassis actualy give you a feel of WRX sti.
+ returned 10.2 kpl on highway and varies between 9.5-9.8 in delhi city with A/c on.
+No other SUV packs in so much of punch.
+Have smoked CRVs,Endeavours you name it.

_Spares would be an awry affair, brake pads costed me 10K though they still had some life.

Looking forward to the Desert storm 09, dune bashing

I still know of a forester which was up for sale till last month form the owner of autovikas which had done 2.50.000 on the odo for Rs.7.5 lacs.
No regrets till date- So far the best SUV India could import- Do I sound like a Die hard Sub Fan

Congrats! on the Forestercheers:

Brake Pads are 5.5K for the Front Set, Make SUMITOMO.

PM me if you want contact for Spares in Delhi.

BTW how much did you Pick it up for?
Old 18th October 2008, 21:22   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbaleno View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use more than two smilies per post.

Mods he could not but use infinite smilies. I've seen his car and it is awesome.

Quote:
I wish I could get such a bargain. You sod
Old 18th October 2008, 22:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Guys..would you all like to post the pictures of ur forresters
I would certainly be posting pics, probably my impressions of the Forester, issues etc
Old 21st October 2008, 07:11   #74
BHPian

I also would like to post pictures of my Forester. I think it would be better if we could upload pics of forester in various off-road scenes.
Old 21st October 2008, 09:46   #75
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I just bought myself a 2004 Forester! It is a really nice car to drive and just love the way it handles and rides on rough roads. It is also a very nice highway cruiser and feels totally stable at 100+ kph.

Well this is what happens when you spend too much time on the team-BHP website!

Regards,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks