Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 16:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Since my last Safari deal fell through, have been poking around in all the Bolero threads as well How's this as a long distance highway traveler ? Are used ones reliable ?
Old 18th February 2009, 17:10   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Ex Showroom Price Hyd : 6.96L
OTR : 7.86L
Discount: 42.5k (Mahindra Discount or price re-alignment) +4.5k(Dealer Discount)
Landed : 7.39L
Getting it financed in my wife's name coz HDFC is giving her a loan at 12% and I don't have address proof for Hyd.

Automotive is not budging anymore.
Anyone anymore tricks???
I gather that the 42.5k Mahindra discount is the tax cut issued in December. So that does not change anything really. The only REAL discount you are getting today is the 4.5k from the dealer. Damn, in Hyderabad the prices look 30k lower. In Bangalore, the CRDE is 7.7L on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Wow. Since my last Safari deal fell through, have been poking around in all the Bolero threads as well How's this as a long distance highway traveler ? Are used ones reliable ?
Have a look at this thread where I discussed it: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...here-done.html

Short answer: Chuck the used Bolero and just go in for a new one. Prices are very hardy for the Bolero's. Just like how they are built. Moreover if you are looking for a highway cruiser predominantly, then buy the CRDE like Milecruncher here. And since its just been 2 months since launch, forget a used CRDE by a long shot.
Old 18th February 2009, 17:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
With the budget that you have, I think you can easily go for a brand new instead of going for a used one. From Redliner's experience I understand that used bolero's come at a premium so it makes sense to go for new one. Test drive the CRDe version. On power to Weight ratio, bolero is higher than the safari. If you are an avid traveller who loves doing miles no matter what kind of roads and for whom the best place is the driver's seat, go for the bolero.

I have been impressed by the Mahindra Service (having used TATA service for my FIATs) and have further been bowled over their Customer Care regarding my request for black.
Old 18th February 2009, 17:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a quick update: I wanted the Bolero VLX in black which it is not available in. So spoke to the RSM here. Today the sales guy from dealership just called that my black car has come. Off to see the beast in black.
congrats!! and lucky you on getting the crde in black, thats the main reason i backed out cos they didnt want to give in black, how did you convince them? will need your help if i ever wanna pick up one in black

ps: pics please!!
Old 18th February 2009, 17:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I gather that the 42.5k Mahindra discount is the tax cut issued in December. So that does not change anything really. The only REAL discount you are getting today is the 4.5k from the dealer. Damn, in Hyderabad the prices look 30k lower. In Bangalore, the CRDE is 7.7L on the road.
The 42.5 k by Mahindra is not the CENVAT adjustment but to take care of the bolero post XYLO launch and to rationalise their product portfolio.
Old 18th February 2009, 17:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
congrats!! and lucky you on getting the crde in black, thats the main reason i backed out cos they didnt want to give in black, how did you convince them? will need your help if i ever wanna pick up one in black

ps: pics please!!
Had an awesome experience with Mahindra Service. Wrote a mail acknowledging that to Customer Service Head marking a copy to Pawan Goenka . Then spoke to RSM - AP for Bolero narrating the whole incident.
Dealer confirmed yesterday that my request has been heard .

I'm starting to like M&M even more.
Old 18th February 2009, 17:59   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 42.5 k by Mahindra is not the CENVAT adjustment but to take care of the bolero post XYLO launch and to rationalise their product portfolio.
Half of that is the CENVAT cut and the other half is rationalisation by M&M. Those prices have been in existence since late Jan.
Old 18th February 2009, 18:47   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
congrats!! and lucky you on getting the crde in black, thats the main reason i backed out cos they didnt want to give in black,
Actually you must have not seemed interested enough.

I was told that i can get a Black one as i am an old and faithful customer of the Mahindra Brand
Old 18th February 2009, 19:06   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Ex Showroom Price Hyd : 6.96L
OTR : 7.86L
Discount: 42.5k (Mahindra Discount or price re-alignment) +4.5k(Dealer Discount)
Landed : 7.39L
Getting it financed in my wife's name coz HDFC is giving her a loan at 12% and I don't have address proof for Hyd.

Automotive is not budging anymore.
Anyone anymore tricks???
Quote:
I think with a 45K price drop including dealer incentives the Bolero CRDe is getting more attractive. If only I would get the 4x4 version, I would definitely buy it over the Safari 4x4.
Old 18th February 2009, 21:19   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, milecruncher is pushing the bait for the crde. I am also beginning to highly contemplate it. I just wish the m and m guys would give a crde sle without all the crappy add ons. That would drop the price by another 50k and would be fantastic vfm. My only concern is, is it still worth the 1.2 lakhs over the di turbo engine.
Old 18th February 2009, 22:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yeah, milecruncher is pushing the bait for the crde. I am also beginning to highly contemplate it. I just wish the m and m guys would give a crde sle without all the crappy add ons. That would drop the price by another 50k and would be fantastic vfm. My only concern is, is it still worth the 1.2 lakhs over the di turbo engine.
Hey if you ask me whether the VLX is VFM or not, my unequivocal answer is it is not.
List of things that are absolutely crap in the slx/vlx are
  1. Power Windows : Hopeless and archaic.
  2. AC: even Maruti 800 has a better AC control system with defogger and other air -flow options.
  3. Music System - Worst feature in the whole vehicle. I think the head unit is not worth more more than 2k. Any after market fitment would be better than it.
But i guess if I'm buying a jeep, I shouldn't fuss too much with all these niceties in life coz as it is I'm now part of a select group of people who value utility over snob value and creature comforts.

Also may be we should petition them to have a VLS/VLE version in bolero as well in lines with M-Hawk Scorpio.
Old 18th February 2009, 22:45   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

I am forcing myself a wait to see if they do that. Lets see if providence plays a tole. Thanks for bumping me up on that one bro. Was a bit finicky.
Old 26th February 2009, 19:39   #58
BHPian

How about a pick-up truck?
Old 27th February 2009, 09:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINUMON View Post
How about a pick-up truck?
Which one? Tata Xenon has been launched yesterday or day before.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hi Milecruncher,
Can you PM me..would like to discuss on the discount side for your Bolero(unless you have already got the best deal!) I know some people in AML & MnM. Might help to get some more drain for the discount!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks