Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 04:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Yeah Mpower but I had no choice as I had the left front Bridgestone G Grid showing signs of D momt hence went with the above mentioned ludicruous preposition... Also, I thot any tyre is better than a busted tyre on track, pain and humiliation both you see

But next time I will be better prepared and the 'Green Giant' will be back with more meaning and purpose...LOL!
hey Wolf.. great timing for a "Newbie" on the tracks.. .. keep it up man.. What mods are you planning??
Old 14th March 2006, 05:03   #47
Team-BHP Support

***ATTENTION EVERYONE***

I have recieved 15+ complaints in my inbox from several members about this thread.

Let me make it simple -

The next person to comment on any VTEC / Baleno comparison or even hint at one, or for that matter, even mention or refer to any of the arguements in the above posts will be put on a TEMPORARY BAN from TBHP.

On behalf of the support staff,
Rehaan.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2006 at 05:05.
Old 14th March 2006, 06:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Wow, log on in the morning, and this thread has changed completely.

Mpower: They use JK Ultima XTs, if I'm right. They're basically cut slicks, and not for sale.
Old 14th March 2006, 09:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

*** is happenin here???

guys chill out.... the main idea of the track event was to compete with oneself so that we improve our driving... this was no race....

btw... Shan2nu awesome driving man.... way too good.... you too MCL and wolf.... each one was good in their own way... lines, cornering, overtaking... lotsa learning for me....

anyway i'm out with my report....

saturday 11th... couldnt make it to track as i had to go to work even tho our office is closed on weekends.... some damn crisis....

finish work on saturday evenin and am headin home... am pooped as i had worked thru the week with only 4 hrs of sleep per day....

mcl, wolf, shrek.... oops shrey... shan2nu, psycho all reach my place at around 8.30 pm... they are all pooped too... hehehe.... chennai heat was sure taking its toll on them....

we head to a not so good not very bad place where we have couple of drinks... and then to cresent which is like our very own empire in bangalore.... thanks to bird flu we settle for veg n lamb dishes... after a hearty meal for 8 of us we head to my place and hit the sack....

i couldnt sleep very well inspite of my fatigue... credit goes to psycho and shan for tryin to match each others snore paces... free flow's sure are noisy... hahahaha....

sunday morning each one wakes up lazily and by the time we are ready to leave it is 9 am... quick breakfast and we head to the track... luckily traffic was light...

my stock front tires - 175/70R13 was almost bald with the first track meet and i decided to rent out the 185's that were on track... they were really good and i was very confident with the traction they provided....

i didnt change the rear tires which were stock 175's and i had to be careful so that i dont powerslide.... first 2 laps of session I was slow and i was gathering the pace and lines.... fahad was my passenger (not Dr. Fahad, Marketing head of ferrari maserati Hahahaha)....

when my confidence picked up i was pushing the car really hard and twice i understeered due to the stock rear tires... boy i thought i lost it.... we overtook an elantra, accent, E270 and a race esteem.... before anyone lunges at me.... living proof is fahad...

the 2nd session was also very fast paced with shrey as my passenger.... the straights were quick where i managed a cool 135 and had to lightly brake for C1 that was fast approaching... (Thanks for the tip shan)....

I had also registered for the LGB (10 laps) and after waiting for an hour i decided to go for it in the last session....

by the time session 3 for cars started i was having a raging headache from the heat and the noise and decided to play it cool... this time wolf was my passenger and was wondering why i was taking the session slow and easy....

shan in one of the laps zipped past me like a rocket and i was floored by his driving... awesome for a first timer....

the LGB round was mind numbing... they appear to be pretty slow while we watch them go by but being in it is the experience.... unexplainable...

i was floored by the acceleration and the power churned out of that beast... and the handling is really good too...

bottom line we all had an awesome time.... next time... only LGB's for me....

phew... my longest post ever..... :-)
Old 14th March 2006, 09:19   #50
BHPian

Any more pic's/videos guys?.... would like to see those machines taking the corners or sliding through em.
Old 14th March 2006, 10:19   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

AWESOME WRITEUP!!! Looks like Shantanu and Wolf had a field day with the Vtec. Yeah baby, yeah.

Ajmat?

GTO
Old 14th March 2006, 11:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Hey Mc, thanks for the info. Are these special racing compunds made by JK or are they available in the market.
Is this a spec tire for the Esteem/LGB class. Maybe SG or Sideways can throw some light on this.
The esteems and LGB's run on JK racing tyres only. these tyres are not for sale unless u know some JK dealer really well who has access to these tyres.

same with MRF's.

have heard from the racing guys that the MRF slicks are much much better than the JK slicks though!
Old 14th March 2006, 11:07   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
AWESOME WRITEUP!!! Looks like Shantanu and Wolf had a field day with the Vtec. Yeah baby, yeah.

Ajmat?

GTO
Three things I need to address

1: Vtec suspension - partially sorted out with new sway bar bushes- wondering about shorter springs
2: Tyres - probably stick to my 175's unless I can find used 195's elsewhere
3: Myself - too hot in the corners - well I sorted that out when drivingthe Fissme's pushed it hard but never spun, still need to get the last couple of corners right

Am pondering whether to bring the Swift next time around
Old 14th March 2006, 11:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Chill guys, it's no big deal. Just not worth it. Bottom line is we all had a good time and got to push the cars more than we'd ever done before.

All i can think about is the next track day. See u guys there.

Shan2nu
Old 14th March 2006, 11:38   #55
BHPian

can anybody upload the videos pls ? need to see how you race at track day cause theres no such event ever organized here in mumbai. never seen it.
Old 14th March 2006, 11:45   #56
BHPian

right then.

i have some videos which I can send to somebody with a broadband account who knows how to upload videos.

PM me ur address and I'll courier the dvd today.

SG
Old 14th March 2006, 12:26   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

OT , on the way back home from the track at attibele circle the baleno totally did get exhausted .. The car lost all power and torque as it got stuck behind atleast 150 trucks drag racing at around 35km/hr (not once could i shift into 3rd for nearly 20 kms).. So we finally had to stop give the car a break , swap drivers and then head off .. Still the car seems to be suffering a bit .. It isnt revving as freely as before , also the engine has certainly become a bit rough .. Maybe need to get the oil changed .. Any other ideas ?? Maybe a service might do it ..

Also guys pls remember not to take the krishnagiri route in the nights , its very very meticulous , boring and could easily put anyone to sleep besides being the longest way possible to get to chennai from bangy or vise versa .. Besides the risk of people driving on the wrong side of the lanes on a 4-lane is far more riskier than a 2 laned NH .. A truck came hurtling at us while we were on the right lane of the 2 laner on our side of the 4 laner ... That too on a blind turn .. Man some people really dont value lives ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th March 2006 at 12:32.
Old 14th March 2006, 12:37   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
.. It isnt revving as freely as before , also the engine has certainly become a bit rough .. Maybe need to get the oil changed .. Any other ideas ?? Maybe a service might do it ..
I would definitely go in for that first service ASAP if you havent already done that ?

cya
R
Old 14th March 2006, 12:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3: Myself - too hot in the corners - well I sorted that out when drivingthe Fissme's pushed it hard but never spun, still need to get the last couple of corners right
Old habits die hard,heh??
Old 14th March 2006, 14:03   #60
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
I would definitely go in for that first service ASAP if you havent already done that ?

cya
R
Rehaan the car has already done its 1st service before taking onto the track .. I think we better discuss about the car on a different thread and leave this for the report on track day .. Shall put up the details on the ownership thread ..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks