Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 14:24   #61
Joz
BHPian

I evny you guys. Looks like i am destined not to ever make it to the track. Great to see some really good lap times by the bangy boys.

But where are the pics?? How does the LGB 2 seaters look like??
Old 14th March 2006, 14:57   #62
sAP
BHPian

Memory refresh

Did not see many cameras this time around. Here are a few from mine that have already been posted http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/190299-post8.html

sAP
Old 14th March 2006, 17:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AWESOME WRITEUP!!! Looks like Shantanu and Wolf had a field day with the Vtec. Yeah baby, yeah.
Hope u can make it next time dude. Nothin like drivin a Vtec on track.

Shan2nu
Old 14th March 2006, 18:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3: Myself - too hot in the corners - well I sorted that out when drivingthe Fissme's pushed it hard but never spun, still need to get the last couple of corners right
Hey Ajmat, do you remember your up-shift points on the track? And what corner was taken in which gear?

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 14th March 2006 at 18:10.
Old 14th March 2006, 20:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
hey Wolf.. great timing for a "Newbie" on the tracks.. .. keep it up man..
Thanks man, was skittish initially due to poor tyres and my over aggressive driving style but somehow managed few real fast laps ...but unfortunately once I got a grip of the track and I started canning with precision, I was asked to slow down by the marshals as there were 12 cars on the track with lotta slow pacers...so I dropped out half way through my second session.

You better make it with us next time dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
What mods are you planning??
You shall see that soon...but trust me I mean business this time around.
Old 14th March 2006, 20:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP
Did not see many cameras this time around.[/url]

sAP
You'll be seeing mine next time.......
Old 14th March 2006, 21:02   #67
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Finally some engine mods to the VTEC eh ???? So whose doing up ur car , i assume it would be Mr.Domnic .. Well best of luck with the build , so u planning to enter speedrun by any chance ??

I hear that dom is building a 1.5 or a VTEC with a turbo at 18 psi or something .. Would love to see how it does with the likes of the T-Tec (turbo vtec zen) by scan , vinod ratnams & shrestha patil's baleno and the supercharged city from chennai ...
Old 14th March 2006, 21:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

I think more than horsepower, you guys should be thinking of stiffer suspension and sticky tires. I would tackle the weakest link first. If this was Coiambatore, I'd be looking for brute power.
Old 14th March 2006, 21:09   #69
BANNED

Ooooppsss !!!! Among all the chit chattering did we forget to mention that leela's swift certainly came to the tracks .. However it was just kept on display at the paddocks , we did click a few pics and i think gray shall be posting them soon ..

The owner said it was running 190 bhp , not sure what engine it could be running but from what i hear its the 1.5 block with the twin cam head .. Couldnt get into seeing it in detail as we were busy with driving our own cars .. But the air filter install certainly did look really bad .. Cant think what was leela thinking off as it certainly will take in a lot of hot air , and i found many guys like psycho , sideways , ayub and the others complaining about the air filter position .. However the intercooler certainly looked pretty tiny , a few run in the pit lane and it wasnt that tough to make out that this baby moves ...

At kari (not sure) it seems the swift easily touched 220 km/hr , this is what the owner told a few guys who were drooling over the red swift .. Guys do any of u have further details ??
Old 14th March 2006, 21:23   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I think more than horsepower, you guys should be thinking of stiffer suspension and sticky tires. I would tackle the weakest link first. If this was Coiambatore, I'd be looking for brute power.
You are bang on Mpower .. Stiffer suspension and sticky tyres certainly will see the times tumble down by quite a margin , not to mention the fun factor u get by going thru C1 at neckbraking speeds without worrying about sliding across .. All in all i certainly loved the layout of the short loop , its ultra fast at C1 , C2 slows u down but is very challenging, then C3 is quite difficult as u have hit the apex right and make sure u dont run off onto the grass as u exit out of it, C4 with the 'S's where u need to straightline them at flat speeds , go into C5 as wide as possible and then slowly roll into hitting the apex that appears really late , go flat into C6 and downshift and brake hard before going into C7 and up the bridge and then into the final corner .. AAAhhhh im dreaming again !!!!

Maybe the baleno will be done with the works by next track day , cant wait to get onto the tracks .. But for now me seriously thinking of taking part in the FISSME championships .. Hopefully will get the finances done in time and head to seeing some fun at the tracks soon ..

Sideways , sawan is there any way we guys can land our hands on the tyres that were up for rent at the tracks .. As in u guys must have some contacts somewhere right ?? Also are these tyres made in only 13'' or do they have them in 14'' and 15'' s as well .. Kindly appreciate details in this regard .. My baleno needs some grippy tyres really quick ..
Old 14th March 2006, 22:22   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Thanks man, was skittish initially due to poor tyres and my over aggressive driving style but somehow managed few real fast laps ...but unfortunately once I got a grip of the track and I started canning with precision, I was asked to slow down by the marshals as there were 12 cars on the track with lotta slow pacers...so I dropped out half way through my second session.

You better make it with us next time dude...

Why am i not surprised by your driving style ... and next time around i am definately in.. cant let you guys take all the glory can i ??
and the mods... i have something up my sleeve for you too...planned a lot of things.. will let you know.. and keep you updated on that.. by the way
are we planning to meet up.. i have not met you and shan2nu in months...
Old 14th March 2006, 23:44   #72
BHPian

well, i was supposed to go with wolf and shan2nu, but could not make it in the last moment as my granny expired...

looks like you guys sure had fun........
Old 15th March 2006, 00:47   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
well, i was supposed to go with wolf and shan2nu, but could not make it in the last moment as my granny expired...

looks like you guys sure had fun........
sorry to hear about your granny bro.. Next time we can all go.. seeing the number of members that went this time i can bet there will be more people coming in next track day.. and i dont think thats too far away..
Old 15th March 2006, 01:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The owner said it was running 190 bhp , not sure what engine it could be running but from what i hear its the 1.5 block with the twin cam head
My source says its a 1.3 regular swift engine with a turbo. U can calculate the BHP on ur own since everyone has a different number.
Old 15th March 2006, 01:40   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
, a few run in the pit lane and it wasnt that tough to make out that this baby moves ...
Isn't this totally wrong? I was advised on both track days to stick to 10 kmh in the pit lane, since people are walking across.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks