Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 01:48   #301
Team-BHP Support

excellent reports toiing and planet... had a great time except the car's ac misbehaved... the amazing part was that the ac started working after reaching kolkata... ... we should plan for the next meet and hopefully we will have the modded lancer wih us... it was in a way good that 1100d was not there - otherwise my FFEd baleno would have a tough time to keep up with the stock ikon with a modded driver ...
Old 29th May 2007, 06:13   #302
BHPian

@planet yep, thanks for the pics, I put 1 on my avatar

Next meet ? Bring it on !!
Old 29th May 2007, 21:58   #303
Senior - BHPian

I finally saw all the pictures today, as Monday was a Holiday here and the Hotel where I am still put up has a high-speed internet setup that works just about slower than dial-up.

It was really nice to put faces to the names (as well as the real names).

But the real star of the show was SourabhM's lil one. She is so cute. But it was also nice to see SourabhM's car again which I have seen on earlier occasions.

On the other count, Shuvd's elantra seems to be happier now, cos it looks to be having to carry a little lesser weight. Is it? or just Optical illusion. But then one Dampener sure would have been the absense of his Octy from the scene, would have loved to hear some stories about how the 200cc deficit was more than made up for, by the act of force feeding!

Lastly, Blackpearl stop overestimating me, there is no way I would have kept up with your Baleno even if it had been in stock form on the highway, there is one constant nag that goes in my head everytime I drive and that is the Ikon has bad brakes (even after the tyre swap and change of rotors, it still has a lot to be desired, which I have come to know after driving the big Merc, such heft, such ease of speed and the moment you step on the middle pedal hard you are almost slammed against your seatbelt).

So 4-5 kms of dragging is fine , given the fact that I am really taking a chance, but it is always advisable to keep the Ikon at 110-120 nothing more for long stretches.

In anycase dragging for top speed on a straight stretch is not my idea of fun, I would rather like to explore the limits of handling on the twisties and watch the car leap between the corners with adequate grunt. On this count, I doubt if there is any modded car that comes close to the Josh machine, and hence I chose it!! (after test driving all its alternatives)

However I just came to know, 5453 had made the same journey, on the same day at about the same time. The driver was complaining to me that the car was very slow in picking up speed after 165 and the maximum he could do was about 172 given there was some traffic.
Old 29th May 2007, 23:01   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
But the real star of the show was SourabhM's lil one. She is so cute. But it was also nice to see SourabhM's car again which I have seen on earlier occasions.

However I just came to know, 5453 had made the same journey, on the same day at about the same time. The driver was complaining to me that the car was very slow in picking up speed after 165 and the maximum he could do was about 172 given there was some traffic.
yup! saurabhM's little one was very sweet! i knew that it was quite a machine the moment i saw it and the way she zoomed past me. and that why i said "it moves like a rocket"

if the driver happens to be an elderly person then kudos to him for actually keeping you updated on the 5453 and the 957. IMO he should be brought in here and trust me he will love it.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th May 2007 at 23:03.
Old 29th May 2007, 23:52   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
yup! saurabhM's little one was very sweet! i knew that it was quite a machine the moment i saw it and the way she zoomed past me. and that why i said "it moves like a rocket"
I was not talking about SourabhM's car which in no way is Lil!!

BTW whats her name?

Anyway forgot to congratulate BlackPearl about the stuff I see under his hood! (The car's hood I mean, there's nothing beneath the other one)

Last edited by 1100D : 30th May 2007 at 00:01.
Old 30th May 2007, 00:23   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(The car's hood I mean, there's nothing beneath the other one)

And yea, agreed about the Ikon's handling. I think its pretty evenly matched by the Fiesta... TD'd it & was thoroughly impressed. the octy is another car which has great handling, especially at high speeds (the weight keeps it planted i guess).
btw, a Lancer ain't too bad either in the this dept.
and a Lancer with 205 Yokos and Pedders suspension...... hmm
Old 30th May 2007, 00:43   #307
BHPian

Nice Pics Great meet guys keep it up Cheers
Team Fiat is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th May 2007, 01:10   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was not talking about SourabhM's car which in no way is Lil!!

BTW whats her name?

Anyway forgot to congratulate BlackPearl about the stuff I see under his hood! (The car's hood I mean, there's nothing beneath the other one)
hey! you are confusing me now! i dint ask him the name of his car. but his kid's name is Shayoni.

i guess BlackPearl has grey matter under the hood. the hood actually acts as a heat shield to his shaved & polished head. no pun intended.
Old 30th May 2007, 19:34   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post

And yea, agreed about the Ikon's handling. I think its pretty evenly matched by the Fiesta... TD'd it & was thoroughly impressed.
Nope, the Fiesta although one of the best in class handlers now, rolls more at high speed curves. The Ikon on the other hand stays pretty much horizontal. But yes, I guess in the Ride Vs Handling Gamble, Fiesta's a better composition without sacrificing much on the handling, Ikon's pretty much a rally car like stuff, infact Rally cars are more sober!

However, the stock shocks are not heavy duty as the rally cars would have them (causing them their hard nature rather than the need for grip) and I have busted 2 front sets already (it was always one shock that got busted, but have always replaced in pairs).
Old 8th June 2007, 20:40   #310
Senior - BHPian

That deep sleep I was talking about.......zzzzzzzzz
Old 9th June 2007, 10:34   #311
Senior - BHPian

aah! arey its just 11 days since we had the meet. we gotto take some rest na! anyways another meet coming very soon.

so when will land back here?
Old 9th June 2007, 11:47   #312
BHPian

and lets create a new thread this time. this one is getting kinda too long and boring now.
Old 9th June 2007, 14:27   #313
Senior - BHPian

@ Mods - Please Lock This Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
and lets create a new thread this time. this one is getting kinda too long and boring now.
yeah right no point dragging this its better to create a new thread from now on.

Most Viewed