Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2006, 19:00   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
We usually have our office day-outs at one of those beachhouses along ECR, which can be rented out for 12/24 hours. Apart from the beachhouse itself, these usually have a nice, big yard with trees to provide shade - helpful to park the cars and check them out. Some of them also have a swimming pool to chill out and volleyball court etc. The beach would also be a few metres away.
Will it be a nice idea to rent out one of these for our meet ?
Pretty cool idea supreme. A mega meet must be something like this. Will try for some info on this. I know the GM at Mayajaal (if the guy is still around). Will this work? Not sure how good the place is. Your comments, guys...
Old 11th July 2006, 03:49   #122
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i must thank everyone who were present for taking time out of a lazy sunday morning to come meet like-minded car enthusiasts.

About the next meet, we can discuss ideas here.
Old 11th July 2006, 14:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesride
who u talkin bot ?? avenger ? banned ?? please explain !!
Well, I am just quoting one of the tbhp-ians at the meet last Sunday, who was saying "Hey, there goes a fellow tbhp-ian (Mr.Boombastic) on his bike (Avenger ?). Possibly came around to check how the Chennai tbhp meet is going."
Old 12th July 2006, 09:08   #124
Senior - BHPian

well, that was an awesome meet! had fun, and i was glad that i came! but for the cruel sun, all was awesome!
folks for the next meet, we must plan up something like supremebaleno sugested. generally chill, volleyball, pool, food and "the king of good times"
Old 12th July 2006, 09:41   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80
"the king of good times"
You said it. The official refresher of the true automotive fan (if the Goa meet was any indication). With "sex on the beach" coming a close second, thanks to islero and nitrous.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th July 2006 at 09:43.
Old 12th July 2006, 20:42   #126
BHPian

Quote:
It was a pretty good time at the meet. However, one problem with meeting up at the beach in the morning is the intense Chennai heat - how long can you discuss cars under the hot sun ?

I have an idea for the next meet - don't know how much feasible, though.
We usually have our office day-outs at one of those beachhouses along ECR, which can be rented out for 12/24 hours. Apart from the beachhouse itself, these usually have a nice, big yard with trees to provide shade - helpful to park the cars and check them out. Some of them also have a swimming pool to chill out and volleyball court etc. The beach would also be a few metres away.
Will it be a nice idea to rent out one of these for our meet ? Don't have any idea about the rental cost - will check with our office admin dept. on this. We could order food from one of the many restaurants on ECR and for those that like their drink, could get some booze too. Ofcourse, quite some planning / co-ordination is involved.

Any Chennai tbhp-ians that own a beachhouse ?
this is nice idea, looking forward for a meet like this
Old 12th July 2006, 21:51   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You said it. The official refresher of the true automotive fan (if the Goa meet was any indication). With "sex on the beach" coming a close second, thanks to islero and nitrous.
Didnt know hotrod guzzles kingfisher.......I shall ask him next time I talk to him......

And correction: it is "safe sex on the beach". "sex on the beach", is its cocktail version.....or is SSOTB the mocktail version of SOTB......a little confusing, this.....
Old 15th July 2006, 16:57   #128
BHPian

@ nitrous ,
oh all rite man . . .
i was just looking through and cos i was de only one there fitting the description , was just wondering wot supremebaleno was talkin bout . . .

got a pal who owns a beach place . . will ask him and let you guys know bout the rates and stuff . . . lets see if it works out . . .

l8r
jake
Old 19th July 2006, 13:33   #129
Senior - BHPian

r u really serious man ????
Old 19th July 2006, 14:23   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesride
@ nitrous, oh all rite man . . .
i was just looking through and cos i was de only one there fitting the description , was just wondering wot supremebaleno was talkin bout
Hey jakesride, sorry for the confusion, man. Forgot that you also ride an Avenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
r u really serious man ?
about what ? Guess I am missing the context.
Old 19th July 2006, 15:13   #131
BHPian

guys where can i get Auto Gauge and Autometer gauges in Chennai? And also Iam looking for readymade Sideskirt and front and rear extensions(air dam).
Old 19th July 2006, 15:20   #132
Senior - BHPian

jakesride! please do find out about the beach house! we really need to unwind some weekend! and nothing better than petrol and BBQ!
Old 19th July 2006, 15:29   #133
Senior - BHPian

I checked with our office admin guy who organises our outings at beach houses. One of the beach houses that we rent out, charges around 7-8K, while the other one charges 15K. I guess it depends on the size, facilities available etc. And maybe also the demand.

The city-based "Jeans Park" owners also have one beachhouse that they rent out (don't know the rent). Others that I am aware of are Laughing Waters, Cochar farms etc.

Though this type of meet is a nice idea, co-ordination has to be perfect and also we need quite some members to turn up so as to make it not only economically viable, but also a fun meet.
Old 19th July 2006, 15:40   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey jakesride, sorry for the confusion, man. Forgot that you also ride an Avenger.

about what ? Guess I am missing the context.
about jake saying that he is going to try and arrange for SOTB for the BHPians...lol
Old 19th July 2006, 16:24   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
about jake saying that he is going to try and arrange for SOTB for the BHPians...lol
Oh, OK. That was a good one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks