Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 10:09   #76
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

I have just voted. My preference will be for 7 pm but as someone pointed out JVLR in peak hours will be a nightmare so i am not sure how long it is going to take me to reach there after i leave office. If you guys are going to be around for little late i can probably join.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:13   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Skipping this one, not too excited about the traffic to/from Malad. You guys have fun.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:18   #78
BHPian

I too work in Hiranandani, Powai. But, I can't make it this Friday, as I have some work at home. I'll surely join for the future meetings.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:57   #79
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Eight for 7pm and later. Four for 6pm. There is a clear tilt towards 7pm and later times. So 7pm it is this time! With that change, I have moved Mohan and Superbee from tentative to confirmed.

Current status on participation:

SDP - Confirmed
Desmosedici - Confirmed (for a short hi-hello)
karan561 - Confirmed
SuperBee - Confirmed (might be late)
latentpotential - Confirmed

engrohit - Confirmed
vvb8530 - Confirmed
ghodlur - Confirmed
MetalBuff - Confirmed
salunkhe.vizz - Confirmed

Jignesh - Confirmed
BertieWoosert - Confirmed
Mohan Mathew A - Confirmed
Maverick1977 - Confirmed
amtak - Confirmed

gomzi - Confirmed
gaddiwale - Confirmed
yogeshnagpal - Confirmed
normally_crazy - Confirmed
EagleEye - Confirmed

-------------------------------------------

supercars - Missing this time.
carzone - Missing this time.
StrangeWizard - Missing this time.
dar3dev|l - Missing this time.
speedy - Missing this time.
pranavvt - Missing this time.
sa_kiran - Missing this time.

--------------------------------------------

The names in bold at the top of the small groups would be the coordinators for that small group. The coordinators would obviously be in touch with each other.
Old 19th June 2013, 11:17   #80
BHPian

Hello Guys,
I'm in too!! But I guess I won't have a car on Friday as both my cars may be outstation. Can anyone give this poor soul a lift?!

Thanks Sanjay for the initiative!!

Regards,
Varun
Old 19th June 2013, 12:06   #81
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Guys,
I'm in too!! But I guess I won't have a car on Friday as both my cars may be outstation. Can anyone give this poor soul a lift?!

Regards,
Varun
Good that you are joning!
You need lift - from where to where and at what time?
People are coming in from Thane side (SuperBee), Andheri/SEEPZ side (Jignesh) and Vikhroli side (latentpotential). So depending on from where, you can hitch a ride.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:07   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Jignesh - Confirmed
BertieWoosert - Confirmed
Mohan Mathew A - Confirmed
Maverick1977 - Confirmed
amtak - Confirmed
Hello SDP,

Good idea. Thank you for creating small (sub) groups.

I have already shared my mobile number with BertieWoosert, Mohan Mathew A, Maverick1977 & they have my cell number. I have sent a PM to Amtak requesting his mobile & mentioned my number.
Further BertieWoosert will be coming with me from SEEPZ & back home till Malad.

SDP, Engrohit & Gomzi we already have each others mobile numbers.

Thanks,
Old 19th June 2013, 12:43   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Regards,
Varun
Hey Varun,

If you don't mind a travelling in a loud but dirty car, I've got a seat for you

Will give you a call on Friday so we can decide time and place to meet up. I'll probably leave work by around 6-6:15 though, so we'll be able to reach only by 7ish.

Regards,
SuperBee
Old 19th June 2013, 12:55   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Eight for 7pm and later. Four for 6pm. There is a clear tilt towards 7pm and later times. So 7pm it is this time! With that change, I have moved Mohan and Superbee from tentative to confirmed.
Any particular reasons for the meet happening on a Friday than a weekend (say breakfast) meet? Guess it is too late to throw a spanner in the works, so please continue.

Kindly keep me on the waiting-list - all depends on the Pune-Mumbai traffic! On a sane day, I reach Powai by 8-8.30. If I make it in similar time this Friday, will just pop in for a short while (assuming some of you guys are still there).
Old 19th June 2013, 13:35   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Hey Varun,
If you don't mind a travelling in a loud but dirty car, I've got a seat for you
Hello Raghav!
Would love to join you in your loud & fast Swift!!! I hope it's not an inconvenience to you.
BTW, where do you work? Reaching Powai @7'ish is for me

Regards,
Varun
Old 19th June 2013, 13:40   #86
BHPian

SDP, are you a project manager ? You're planning skills are awesome. Looks like you can be TBHP Mumbai meets official planner
Old 19th June 2013, 14:45   #87
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post

SDP, are you a project manager ? You're planning skills are awesome. Looks like you can be TBHP Mumbai meets official planner
Thanks for the compliment!
I am a big fan of 'planning'. My wife smiles when she catches me studying the Google maps before going to a new place in Thane (from Mulund)

Quote:
Hello Raghav!
Would love to join you in your loud & fast Swift!!! I hope it's not an inconvenience to you.
BTW, where do you work? Reaching Powai @7'ish is for me

Regards,
Varun
That's settled then! The meet is at 7pm. So 7ish is perfect!
I have your number. Hope you have mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Any particular reasons for the meet happening on a Friday than a weekend (say breakfast) meet? Guess it is too late to throw a spanner in the works, so please continue.

Kindly keep me on the waiting-list - all depends on the Pune-Mumbai traffic! On a sane day, I reach Powai by 8-8.30. If I make it in similar time this Friday, will just pop in for a short while (assuming some of you guys are still there).
Ah, didn't realize that you are a regular visitor (or may be a resident) of Mumbai!

The meeting is on a weekday because there are quite a few folks whose offices are located in that precise area. A few others like Jignesh (SEEPZ) and latentpotential (Vikhroli) are nearby. We lazy bums don't want to travel too much for a meet!

Besides that, monsoon has arrived in a big-bang way in Mumbai and I am pretty sure a lot of weekend-outings with family/close-friends would be on the cards for quite a few people. Let's see how it pans out. The Hiranandani Powai area is much more peaceful and significantly less crowded on weekends. We can plan some of the future meets on a Saturday or a Sunday.

Can you leave possibly an hour earlier from Pune? Would love to meet you and the Shadow Blue Vento.

Last edited by SDP : 19th June 2013 at 14:50.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's settled then! The meet is at 7pm.
Hello SDP,

Now that the meet is confirmed at 7 pm on 21st June, can you please post a Google maps screenshot of the location that we are supposed to assemble?

Thanks,
Old 19th June 2013, 15:56   #89
SDP
Team-BHP Support

^^ Thanks Jignesh! Here you go.
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-powai-meet-map.png

Click on the image above for a better resolution map.

The rectangle marked in Green is the meeting place. Its part of the Forest Street and Hiranandani school is the major landmark.

If coming from Andheri/SEEPZ side, after getting off the JVLR flyover (the one right next to the Powai lake), at the first signal, take the right into Hiranandani, left at the T-junction, leave the China-valley restaurant on left and turn into 2nd right on to the Forest Street. Route mapped in Red on the map.

If coming from Thane/Mulund side, after IIT Powai, take the first left into Hiradandani Gardens at the Pizza Hut junction. Stay straight on the Central Avenue and once you pass Dominos on the left, take the right onto Forest street. Route mapped in Blue on the map.

If coming from Vikhroli/Ghatkopar side, you might want to use the Kailash complex road. Route marked in Yellow on the map.

Last edited by SDP : 19th June 2013 at 16:09.
Old 19th June 2013, 16:11   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We can plan some of the future meets on a Saturday or a Sunday.
I guess that should work fine for me, assuming I don't catch you guys this Friday.

Quote:
Can you leave possibly an hour earlier from Pune? Would love to meet you and the Shadow Blue Vento.
I need to leave by 5 to make it by 8-8.30. Anytime earlier than that, and I'll probably have to put down a leave request for Friday

P.s. The Shadow Blue is as mellowed(down) as an auto-rikshaw in the lanes of Powai. Meet it on the highways, and that would be worth a meet!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks