View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 08:16   #46
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Breeze @Supreme Business Park seems like a fine-dining place with covered-shoes-mandatory policy and valet parking. The view is supposed to be fantastic though. May be some other time, for a proper dinner meet.

Are there any other options at Supreme Business Park?
Old 18th June 2013, 08:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet at Hiranandani Powai (Mumbai). First meet on 21st June, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Yes Sir, the place is good to park but no eatery anywhere around there.
There are multiples options if we wanna sit and have tea/ coffee under a roof, like starbucks, gloria jeans, aromas, and costa but then parking would be a problem.
@VVB,
If thats case then we can park the cars along the road leading to the Hiranandani hospital since its a parking zone provided Friday early office leaver vacate the streets. There is a stall there for the cutting chai and some garama garam V-pavs.

Sorry Costas, Starbucks n the lot cant give the enjoyment which a cutting chai would offer. So I suggest skip them.
Old 18th June 2013, 10:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Great initiative SDP and hope you'll have a blast. I would have to skip this one as i work in Andheri (East) for the first half and then move to the town office post 430pm, i live in town as well. If it was a night meet i would definately be there.
Old 18th June 2013, 11:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I have opted for 6 pm as meeting time, because 6 pm will be good for people to reach Powai before traffic jams happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
If people are in for a dinner, we can go to Aarey Garden restaurant.
Hello Yogesh,

Aarey Garden Restaurant is a fantastic idea, if people opt to have dinner & then go home.

Also, as requested buy you yesterday, I have sent you a PM mentioning my mobile number.

Thanks,
Old 18th June 2013, 11:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@VVB,
If thats case then we can park the cars along the road leading to the Hiranandani hospital since its a parking zone provided Friday early office leaver vacate the streets. There is a stall there for the cutting chai and some garama garam V-pavs.

Sorry Costas, Starbucks n the lot cant give the enjoyment which a cutting chai would offer. So I suggest skip them.
Ghodlur Sir,

I completely agree with you on the cutting chai and vada pav. Which is why i suggested Jewel corner, for which we can park our cars in the School lane i.e. Forest Street and walk a few steps for hot vada pavs and chai. If everyone agrees then we can keep this as our plan A and in case it starts raining then we decide on a Plan B as well.

What say all??

VVB
Old 18th June 2013, 12:10   #51
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ghodlur Sir,

I completely agree with you on the cutting chai and vada pav. Which is why i suggested Jewel corner, for which we can park our cars in the School lane i.e. Forest Street and walk a few steps for hot vada pavs and chai. If everyone agrees then we can keep this as our plan A and in case it starts raining then we decide on a Plan B as well.

What say all??

VVB
Makes sense. Let's make school-lane as Plan-A and Near-Hospital as Plan-B.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Ghodlur Sir,

What say all??

VVB
Perfect Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Excellent plans BUT they both have the same folly, "What if it rains"? As the Hospital lane would also not have much protection from rain. (@ghodlur - Mind doing some risk analysis for this?)

In fact from Rain POV, Jewel Tapari provides better protection.

But I would be able to make it only if it 6 PM meet as I come in car pool and would be bad keeping my car pool mates back for this long as we usually leave by 6.30.

Rohit
Old 18th June 2013, 13:01   #53
BHPian

I work in South(ish) Mumbai and leave work at 5.30. I'll be able to reach comfortably only by 6.30/7.
Old 18th June 2013, 13:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
But I would be able to make it only if it 6 PM meet as I come in car pool and would be bad keeping my car pool mates back for this long as we usually leave by 6.30.

Rohit

I can be there around 6pm. Relatively free evening calendar this Friday.

All who are coming there around 6, can PM me to exchange phone nos. We can wait for the rest arriving around 7-ish.
Old 18th June 2013, 14:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Any vacancies that you guys have in your organisation in the 9 to 6 shift . I too can then join the evening meets forever.
Old 18th June 2013, 15:48   #56
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Any vacancies that you guys have in your organisation in the 9 to 6 shift . I too can then join the evening meets forever.
The grass is always greener on the other side, my friend.

9-6 jobs exist only in Govt and semi-govt organisations. Most of us would be taking 2-3 hours off from work for the 6 or 7pm meet.
Old 18th June 2013, 15:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

I'm in but 6 pm is too early !

I leave office between 6-640 pm and then have to travel the dreaded JVLR till Powai - so reaching before 715-730 pm in the monsoons is impossible.

Will keep an eye on this thread.
Old 18th June 2013, 16:02   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Ghodlur Sir,

What say all??

VVB
Seems good.
If it's raining then let's all get into a nearby mall. Or let's have an umbrella meet.
Old 18th June 2013, 16:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The grass is always greener on the other side, my friend.

9-6 jobs exist only in Govt and semi-govt organisations. Most of us would be taking 2-3 hours off from work for the 6 or 7pm meet.
Just kidding my friend. I know that the grass always 'seems' greener n the other side

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Seems good.
If it's raining then let's all get into a nearby mall. Or let's have an umbrella meet.
'Umbrella Meet' reminds me of the good old college days when it used to rain and atleast 4 - 5 of us used to get within one umbrella and share chai and vada pavs.
Old 18th June 2013, 16:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Perfect Suggestion

Excellent plans BUT they both have the same folly, "What if it rains"? As the Hospital lane would also not have much protection from rain. (@ghodlur - Mind doing some risk analysis for this?)

In fact from Rain POV, Jewel Tapari provides better protection.

Rohit
Exactly Rohit, Jewel would provide better protection in the rain.

If fine with all then how about we finalize on our Plan A as parking and meeting at Forest Street (School Lane) and having a cuppa and vada pav at Jewel. Both the places are marked on the map i have put up in a previous post.

For Plan B we could probably keep it as the pay and park opposite Starbucks. Plan B is only in case its raining very heavy.

With regards to time also we could keep it as something like 6pm on wards till say about 8pm maybe, so that people can come and leave as per their individual convenience. I myself dont think i will be able to reach before 7 as my office is in JB Nagar.

What say guys?

VVB

Most Viewed