Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Kind of Meet?
Snacks meet 104 65.82%
Dinner meet 54 34.18%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 15:02   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet @ Hiranandani Powai. Brunch in South-Mumbai on 7th July, 20

I had a plan in my mind to try and wake up early but i simply couldnt after sleeping really late on saturday night. Damn! Cursing myself for missing the meet and the drive on the freeway. My sunday was just ok, just lazing around at home.

As always, awesome pics and narration SDP Sir, just superb.

The Red Beemer looks simply fantastic. Would love to see it in real.

Next meet, i am surely in.
Old 8th July 2013, 15:28   #287
BHPian

Re: Fortnightly mini-meet @ Hiranandani Powai. Brunch in South-Mumbai on 7th July, 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sir jee, let the meet finish! After a late lunch and a quick dash on the sea-link, we are heading to Delhi Darbar for dinner!

Just kidding!
Came back around 2:30ish. Met some new and some old faces. As usual, endless discussions about everything under the sun. Had fun. Few pics coming up later tonight.
You had me for a moment with the opening lines . Awesome work with the pics and especially the narration.

I hope you let the couple pose in peace after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Rohit,

The meet went very well & it was good to see some new faces. We really missed you, Girish & Varun.
I too missed attending the fun. Actually returned around 1.30 AM on Saturday night (or should I say, Sunday Morning) from SoBo only.
Nevertheless, there is always a next time.

Good that families attended too, photographic evidence will make it easier to convince wifey for future meets, where she can also join.
Old 8th July 2013, 16:53   #288
BHPian

This group has been meeting regularly. I sort of gate crashed into the party knowing that there are people who love to talk about cars and I could learn something new. Common Passions can help make more friends. Thanks everyone. SDP - You have a skill with writing and Photography.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:58   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Good that families attended too, photographic evidence will make it easier to convince wifey for future meets, where she can also join.
I actually told wifey that she should also join however she was of the opinion that 'you guys will just go crazy talking automobiles so what would i do, i will get bored'. I have tried many times but
Old 8th July 2013, 20:12   #290
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Sorry Guys had to miss this one. We won the best modified jeep and also 4th place at the MGE trophy championship, so was offroading on sunday to prepare for the finals. Seeing the pictures it sure looks like you'll had fun and hope to be there for the next one. Cheers guys..
Congratulations speedy! All the best for the finals. Catch you next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Thanks to Karan for the idea of the Eastern Freeway Drive. SDP and Jignesh for another successful meet. So many discussions about car specs and mods, I seriously have a lot to learn. Hope I can join in for future meets
Thanks for adjusting your Sunday morning programme to accommodate us! Your knowledge of local eateries really helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
loved this meet... sorry to join in late... missed the drive with all you guys... though it was fun driving on the new freeway... but it was my son's first TBHP Meet and he enjoyed it the most... wifey also enjoyed this one, after missing a few drives in the past few months...

waiting for more pics
You are a BMW encyclopedia! Would look forward to meet you next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
It was too sad that I could not make it :(
Join us in Powai next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
You had to see the expression on my face while I was reading those lines.
Though I too did a dash on the freeway yesterday itself, but later in the day. I was there around 3:30, and was looking around to see if I see any of you around.

It would have been an awesome experience to be with you guys, next time maybe.
We wrapped up around 1:30pm. See you next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
The picture - "Jignesh flying" is really good. Was it clicked by you or your son?

Let us figure out a way to transfer the pictures of last meets to me.

Thanks,
Dhruv clicked the pics. I did basic crop and little bit of tone adjustments.
Sent you 4 hi-res images via Google Drive. Please check if that works. I owe you the images from last meet as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thanks SDP for the beautiful pics & an wonderful write up.

You actually created an "Virtual Meet" environment with your report & pics

Thanks for the kind words & i am glad they had fun
The kids were super-excited while narrating the ride in the BMW to their mom and grandparents! Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Sanjay, Jignesh, Kiran and et all.

I cursed myself for having to give this meet a miss after looking at the pics. Although I did enjoy my Sunday but it could never have given me the high which I could have got had I attended the drive cum meet.
Sir, two in a row. You have to do something about your 'taang' tag. ;-)
Just kidding, please don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
As always, awesome pics and narration SDP Sir, just superb.

The Red Beemer looks simply fantastic. Would love to see it in real.

Next meet, i am surely in.
Thanks Desmo sir! There was a mini photoshoot of the 2 BMWs. Even I am looking forward to those photographs.
Catch you in Powai soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
...I hope you let the couple pose in peace after that
Family meet! So we beat a hasty retreat from the sea-face before the cameraman could suggest any more innovative poses to the couple. ;-)

Quote:
I too missed attending the fun. Actually returned around 1.30 AM on Saturday night (or should I say, Sunday Morning) from SoBo only.
Nevertheless, there is always a next time.
Next meet in Powai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
This group has been meeting regularly. I sort of gate crashed into the party knowing that there are people who love to talk about cars and I could learn something new. Common Passions can help make more friends. Thanks everyone. SDP - You have a skill with writing and Photography.
Raj, nice meeting you! You are most welcome to gatecrash next time as well! Some of us have met a couple of times in person. Common passion indeed helps folks to gel instantly.

-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks everyone for the kind words about my alleged photo-skills. Its actually the camera. I had borrowed the kit-lens from the Nikon D5100 and it seems sharper than my D90 kit-lens.

Last edited by SDP : 8th July 2013 at 20:20.
Old 8th July 2013, 20:26   #291
BHPian

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_38771.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_38881.jpg

I stayed back for some more time and clicked this panoramic view of Cuff Parade.

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-img_38991.jpg

Thanks everybody for the meet. Karan Uncle, I suppose was the star for the kids, including my son.

Last edited by sa_kiran : 8th July 2013 at 20:28.
Old 9th July 2013, 04:51   #292
BHPian

Nice Photographs.

I actually thought of contacting you by 1 PM(I was back at my my house) but I thought you must have already left the area :(
Old 9th July 2013, 10:47   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I actually thought of contacting you by 1 PM(I was back at my my house) but I thought you must have already left the area :(
Hello Supercars,

We left the arera around 1:30 pm. Had you contacted us, we would have got a chance to meet you.

Anyways, there is always a next time.

Thanks,
Old 9th July 2013, 12:13   #294
BHPian

It was a sunday well spent. Nice drive, people who don't get bored talking about cars and mumbai roads without traffic, what a combination.

Thanks all especially to SDP for the pics and and SDP and Jignesh for coordinating. Hopefully before the monsoon ends we can have a drive out of the city
Old 9th July 2013, 13:09   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics taken from my humble i-phone;

Even though sitting at the back it was good to see SDP's daughter strapping on the seatbelt

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-image1057123006.jpg

328,320d & 530d;
Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-image1827681900.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
[b]Especially looking forward to the 320 + 328i photo-shoot snaps.
Twin F30 photoshoot;

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-image3509874669.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-image3491872546.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-image2800092724.jpg

Fortnightly mini-meet : Mumbai BHPians-image1049802149.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Karan Uncle, I suppose was the star for the kids, including my son.
Hey Kiran,

Thanks for the kind words

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2013 at 19:57. Reason: Removing pics showing high speeds on Local roads, thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 13:20   #296
Senior - BHPian

Looks like an awesome meet, been waiting to try the EEFW since long, was in Pune so had to skip this meet :(

Awesome pics and report as always SDP!!

@Karan: the F30 was launched in Mumbai at the NCPA, ideal place to photo shoot them!

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 9th July 2013 at 13:21.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:28   #297
BHPian

Thanks Sanjay for this initiative . I have been trying hard to manage but this office work is killing. Weekends not spared as well .

Hooked up for next update.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:46   #298
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics! I happened to miss this one as well due to some prior committments (was travelling).

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2013 at 19:59. Reason: Pics showing high speed run are removed, thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 21:45   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@Karan: the F30 was launched in Mumbai at the NCPA, ideal place to photo shoot them!
Hey Sushil,

Yes i remember that and was a part of the launch event too & trust me it was a moment to cherish, especially when you know that you are at the launch function of the car you are going to buy

PS - Missed you at this meet, hope to see you for the next one.

Sadly BMW's dont have cruise control but a similar feature called as "LIM" where the speed is set but have to keep the foot on the accelerator pedal always.

So LIM just keeps the speed stable irrespective of the throttle input (LIM is deactivated as soon as you kick down the throttle - a safety feature of sort)

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2013 at 19:58. Reason: Sorry we dont allow discussion on high speed runs on Public roads, thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 23:18   #300
BHPian

Having nicely warmed up with couple of mini meets, I think it's time now to plan for a monsoon mega meet.

Drive to Igatpuri and lunch at Oye Punjabi (repeat of an earlier meet) still sound cool to me.

What say people?

Most Viewed