Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Where should the 1st December MH Mega Meet be organised?
Lonavala (same ole same ole!) 49 74.24%
Aurangabad (something new!) 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 01:14   #1
BHPian

The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!

Now we have been planning for a Mega Meet for a long long time.
We've had our Zombie Drives and Mini Meets, and Every time we meet for our Friday Mini Meets we talk about the Mega Meet.

So here's me initiating a thread for the same so that we can finally have one.

The Actual plan was for a Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet. where we can meet in Lonavala/Amby Valley. and Most of us were game for it.

But last week I happen to be in Aurangabad and meet a lot of Fellow BHPians from MH20. They have their Mini Meets at a Private Property where they have built a sort of Track. and they have invited us all over a weekend.

The date is Finalized to the Sunday of 1st December 2013.

We just need to finalize whether we do:
- Mumbai only Mega Meet
- Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet
- Mumbai-Pune-Aurangabad Mega Meet

PS: Please check this link for whats in store for us at Aurangabad.
Aurangabad Pics

---UPDATE: Copying from SuperBee's post further down in the thread---

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee

Plan 1 - Single day drive + meet - Pawana Dam.
This was done in Feb '12 by the Pune guys and couple of us Mumbai folks had tagged along. Time to return the favour eh?

Drive to Pawana Dam in the morning, have breakfast on the way(lonavala?) or get it packed and eat at the location. Stop, chit chat, mingle etc. Do a comprehensive photoshoot. Drive back. Stop in Lonavala for lunch ( I know T-Bhpians are partial to Sunny's ). Drive back to Mumbai/Pune/Aurangabad.
In case any BHPians are not to keen on the morning drive, they can skip it and directly come for the Lunch meet at Lonavala and mingle. Second photoshoot at Sunny's parking ensures all cars that come to the meet are captured and happy.

Plan 2 - Overnight Stay meet - Aurangabad.
As suggested by Swapnil, if the response to an overnighter is good, we can plan on this meet. The location for the campfire/BBQ is a privately owned property.

Leave Mumbai/Pune on Saturday Afternoon. Reach Aurangabad in the night. Have a campfire with Barbeque, BHPians mingling, having fun until bedtime. Go to your prebooked hotel rooms (we can get mass booking done as per general consensus here). Swapnil - cue for you to come up with the stay plans.
Sunday Morning, meet up and have fun on the dirt track. For those of us who are not into the whole dirt thing, sightseeing around the area(Is there a Taj replica around Aurangabad?). Have a late breakfast/early lunch, and drive back to Mumbai/Pune.

Of course these are the first drafts of the plans that I have come up with. There will be modifications to the chosen plan so that it suits maximum number of people ( We do want maximum number of BHPians to attend don't we ). But I believe that these two plans can be a good starting point for people to first decide whether they want an overnight/day trip.

Comments/Criticisms ?

Last edited by noopster : 14th November 2013 at 08:03. Reason: Updated plan
Old 7th November 2013, 10:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good start Swap. Can we request mods to add a poll here and before that can Swap add more details regarding each option listed like whether it's a day meet or overnight meet, whether families are allowed to participate etc. This will allow people to take a more informed decision I feel.
Old 7th November 2013, 10:46   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: The MH Mega Meet - 1st December 2013

Why don't we just stick with the tradition of having it at Lonavla? I don't think the same amount of people would drive down to Aurangabad. It doesn't have to be at Sunny's, but Lonavla will probably have the best turnout.
Old 7th November 2013, 11:34   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Pune is a nice midway point for the meet: Bombay and Aurangabad folks can drive here easily. Sunny da Dhaba on the old NH4 near Kamshet has been the traditional choice but open to other convenient options.
Old 7th November 2013, 11:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Good start Swap. Can Swap add more details regarding each option listed like whether it's a day meet or overnight meet, whether families are allowed to participate etc. This will allow people to take a more informed decision I feel.
+1 to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Why don't we just stick with the tradition of having it at Lonavla? I don't think the same amount of people would drive down to Aurangabad.
Lonavala will be a good option cause it would ensure people from all the places enjoy a nice drive. Afterall, Team-Bhpians Live to Drive
Old 7th November 2013, 12:10   #6
BHPian

I don't know if I have the right to post here, being a newbie. I would say Pune/Lonavala would be a mid-point for all.
Old 7th November 2013, 12:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

I feel Aurangabad will make many to opt out as its too far, will involve night drive, driving back to Mumbai again the next day will be tiring.

Pune or Lonavala will be the most desired meeting point that can be reached in a day and we can return back easily as well.
Old 7th November 2013, 12:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Aurangabad Race track seems interesting.

But what will be the drive plan if we actually go to Aurangabad? I mean it will not be practically be possible for everyone from Mumbai to drive approx 700 kms to & from Aurangabad.

Frankly speaking Lonavala / Pune seems to be a good option for a mega meet.

Thanks,
Old 7th November 2013, 13:08   #9
BHPian

Wow - Nice to know that there is interest developing for Aurangabad. Also, I never knew that there are Mini meets here - or am I info-challenged ! Regardless, good move and I am all eyes on this thread now. I am OK for a PNQ/Lonavala meet too.
Old 7th November 2013, 13:27   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
I don't know if I have the right to post here, being a newbie. I would say Pune/Lonavala would be a mid-point for all.
You have all the right to be posting anywhere on the forum brother

OT: Your handle is just too good
Old 7th November 2013, 15:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
I guess the poll is all wrong.

For all those who wanted to know why Aurangabad? Well, the plan was to Start on Saturday Noon, and reach Aurangabad by evening. Food/Drinks along with BBQ and Camp Fire at this privately owned property with a Dirt Track.
Start early morning next day, enjoy the Dirt Track.
Reach home by Sunday Evening.

And trust me, the Food there is AWESOME.
Now we are talking This is exactly what I had in mind when you first spoke about the Aurangabad meet and showed pics of the the dirt track. I would request all to have a look at those pics (link in Swapszone's first post).

The itinerary shared by Swapszone will make sure that we need not do the Mum - Argbd - Mum or PNQ - Argbd - PNQ on same day. Also, we can always do car pool with 2 - 3 people travelling together in one car (I don't mind someone joining me or I am open hitching with others). The obvious drawback of such a plan is fewer no. of people committing to such an elaborate plan, but then did we not say "Mega Meet"?? No offence to anyone but isn't Lonavla done to death already? This meet provides an opportunity to do something 'Hatke'

This now leaves us with the next big question, (considering that the 1st big question gets settled with the fresh poll suggested by Swapszone), whether this would be a with family or without family meet. This should ideally be left for the individual to decide and no hard and fast rule would apply.

Let us gather more opinions on this thread and see how it shapes up!
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 16:05   #12
BHPian

We can even go to Lavasa.

That piece of tarmac to lavasa is a treat to drive.

I guess the atmosphere there would also be pleasant at this time of the year.
Old 7th November 2013, 17:21   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post

Now we are talking This is exactly what I had in mind when you first spoke about the Aurangabad meet and showed pics of the the dirt track. I would request all to have a look at those pics (link in Swapszone's first post).

The itinerary shared by Swapszone will make sure that we need not do the Mum - Argbd - Mum or PNQ - Argbd - PNQ on same day. Also, we can always do car pool with 2 - 3 people travelling together in one car (I don't mind someone joining me or I am open hitching with others). The obvious drawback of such a plan is fewer no. of people committing to such an elaborate plan, but then did we not say "Mega Meet"?? No offence to anyone but isn't Lonavla done to death already? This meet provides an opportunity to do something 'Hatke'

This now leaves us with the next big question, (considering that the 1st big question gets settled with the fresh poll suggested by Swapszone), whether this would be a with family or without family meet. This should ideally be left for the individual to decide and no hard and fast rule would apply.

Let us gather more opinions on this thread and see how it shapes up!
Thanks Rohit for the "Hatke" support.

Now that the polls have been sorted out requesting everyone to vote again as the polls have been reset.

As for the next big question of whether to bring families along would entirely be the individual decision. I guess first we need to know how many people coming in and what venue we finalise. So I think we should give this next big question a rest until these things are finalised.
Old 7th November 2013, 21:17   #14
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!

Head: Lonavala or somewhere closeby.
Heart: Aurangabad. New place. Never been there.

Head: Lonavala- Less than 100kms one way would mean a relaxed meet.
Heart: Live to Drive. Aurangabad - 700+kms round-trip. Woo hoo!

Head: Lonavala is convenient for all.
Heart: Lonavala - been there may be a 100 times. Yawn!!

Head: Aurangabad can not be a one day trip. A overnight stay would mean more logistics.
Heart: A overnight stay means enjoying a camp-fire sitting under a starry sky.... sharing spooky stories.

Head: Aurangabad - Just too long a distance for just a meet. May be we can include some sightseeing. But then the plan is just going to balloon up even bigger. More coordination.
Heart: Sightseeing would be nice.

Heart: A few laps of the track at Aurangabad would be fun.
Head: With a fairly large group (Mega meet = 30-40 cars), is the track thing really feasible.

Head: Considering the 700+kms, may be we can carpool so that its doesn't become hectic for any one driver.
Heart: Carpool? What happened to "Live to Drive"?

Head: Aurangabad - Its going to be hectic.
Heart - Hectic? That would make it memorable!

I am in serious dilemma. Postponing the decision for some more time.

Last edited by SDP : 7th November 2013 at 21:20.
Old 7th November 2013, 21:23   #15
Team-BHP Support

re: The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Heart: A few laps of the track at Aurangabad would be fun.
Head: With a fairly large group (Mega meet = 30-40 cars), is the track thing really feasible.
I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but there aren't going to be that many people if Aurangabad is chosen.

And if you guys are going just for the track, we have a track called Automission in Khopoli which is also a dirt track.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks