Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Where should the 1st December MH Mega Meet be organised?
Lonavala (same ole same ole!) 49 74.24%
Aurangabad (something new!) 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 15:42   #31
BHPian

re: The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!

Have voted for Lonavala, considering many things. However, Aurangabad makes for a lovely destination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
Places you can visit in and near Aurangabad,
1) Bibi Ka Maqbara ( Taj Replica ), in the city, time required 1 hour
2) Ellora Caves, 22 km from city, @ 4 hours including travel time
3) Grhishneswar Lord Shiva temple ( Jyotirling ), adjacent to Ellora caves
4) Devgiri Fort, enroute to Ellora and 15 km from Aurangabad
To the above list we can add visiting the resting place of Aurangzeb and shopping for Himroo and Paithani Saris!!

Just had a crazy idea, about 150 kms east of Aurangabad is the Lonar Crater. It would be a fantastic opportunity to line up 30-40 cars on the edge ofthe crater, with our lights on and take a long exposure shot on a full moon night.
Old 9th November 2013, 23:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

For a mega meet, Lonavala makes the perfect sense. Aurangabad is best for a focussed few as a mini meet or better as an expedition.

Perhaps those who wish, could drive all the way to Aurangabad and then join the megameet at Lonavala?
Old 10th November 2013, 12:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

re: The *new* MH Mega Meet Thread- 1st December 2013- UPDATE: Poll closed- Lonavla it is!

Lonavala - Will aim to make it

Aurangabad - Wont (& cant)
Old 10th November 2013, 19:50   #34
BHPian

I understand that there are logistics involved in visiting Aurangabad and I would like to volunteer for the same if need be. Accommodation/Food is not a challenge at all, Aurangabad being my home town I can take care of the same. I believe that the intention of a MEGA meet is participation and it will be a party spoiler if there is a low turnout. I have done many drives in my Fortuner to Mumbai and back the same day. It is manageable. Don't take the Nashik route as the roads have simply worsened after monsoons. BOM-PNQ-IXU is a better route.

BOM folks can take the Expressway - Tadegaon - Chakan - Shikrapur - Ahmednagar route and save PNQ traffic, 45 kms and 1 hrs drive approx. BOM and PNQ people can meet up at Shikrapur or beyond before Ahmednagar. Smilestone is a well known place on this route before Ahmednagar.

Else - on majority poll numbers - I am OK to drive to Lonavala too !
Old 11th November 2013, 21:12   #35
BHPian

So far we have Lonavala winning the polls against Aurangabad. We still have time till 20th November to finalise the venue. So hope to see more people showing interest in this MH Mega Meet. So spread the word as much as possible. As of now only 47 have voted.

We on the backend are keeping both options open and planning for either option. Whichever is finalised we will be prepared with the plan.

We will need a lot of help from everyone to make this meet a grand success, one that will be remembered for a while.

Last edited by swapszone : 11th November 2013 at 21:14.
Old 12th November 2013, 13:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
We will need a lot of help from everyone to make this meet a grand success, one that will be remembered for a while.

Lets plan to make this meet a grand success. I've forwarded the message to some Nashik and Bangalore folks too. Hope to see a good turnout.

Cheers,
Yogesh.
Old 13th November 2013, 19:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Can't make it on the 1st. If the dates change, can one of you guys PM me and let me know? I don't check the forums regularly these days.

Lonavala +1 btw.
Old 13th November 2013, 19:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Can't make it on the 1st. If the dates change, can one of you guys PM me and let me know? I don't check the forums regularly these days.

Lonavala +1 btw.
Long time buddy. How have you been. If the dates change i'll whatsapp / message you with the details.

Cheers.
Old 13th November 2013, 22:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

I really wanted to come for this meet (had voted for Aurangabad). The news came in now that due to Muharram, our papers which were supposed to be on the 15th November have been postponed to 1st December.
Now my only hope is if its Lonavla then on 1st December after my paper i immediately can leave for the meet. My paper is till 1.00 pm and luckily college on the Mumbai-Pune bypass road.
I hope it works out this way!
Old 14th November 2013, 06:25   #40
BHPian

Have voted for Lovavla. Hope the Mega meet will work out without any glitch.
Old 15th November 2013, 00:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but there aren't going to be that many people if Aurangabad is chosen.

And if you guys are going just for the track, we have a track called Automission in Khopoli which is also a dirt track.
An alternative, if I'm saying anything, is to have a BBQ/campfire somewhere around Lonavla itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
....Head over heart dilemma....

I am in serious dilemma. Postponing the decision for some more time.
I can understand you you feel exactly. Been to Lonavla umpteen times but there's something alluring, intoxicating about the Khandala pass. An enigma. I always pounce on every opportunity I get to go along that route.

Although, as others have promptly mentioned, Aurangabad will definitely be 'something new', I've voted for Lonavla since I do not have a car or even a bike and the place is well within my reach.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th November 2013 at 08:27.
Old 16th November 2013, 13:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Lonavla (for practical reasons), though I would like to try Aurangabad as I have never been there. If there's Ajanta/Ellora thrown in and a weekend overnight option, I think it would be a good plan for Aurangabad. Let's wait and watch what everyone says.
Old 18th November 2013, 15:37   #43
BHPian

Mega Meet
I have always wanted to be a part of this. But there is a wedding in the family which will keep me out of Mumbai for the first half of December. Hopefully, will attend the next one whenever it is held.

Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 19:19   #44
BHPian

Tomorrow being the 20th November, we will close the polls to finalise the location for the meet.
We can already tell where it's going to be looking at the polls. It's just a matter of formalities. So all those who haven't voted please vote ASAP.

Requesting mods to close the polls after 12 midnight tomorrow.
Old 21st November 2013, 15:22   #45
BHPian

Till now 65 people who have voted. So we now know most of us want to meet in Lonavala. I request the mods to close the polls.
We have finalised the location. Yogesh and Raghav are going to Lonavala to check out the place for lunch with a good parking.
Will post the finalised plan latest by Monday.
So requesting all to block their dates for 1st December 2013.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks