Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2014, 17:55   #91
BHPian

re: The 2014 Hyderabad Meets: Aug 2nd (Ride/Drive) Meet to Srisailam !!!

Hi All Hyd Bhpian friends.

Why don't we plan a morning ORR drive meet which we end towards Gachibowli end and then have lunch at 13Dhaba.
Old 24th February 2014, 21:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

It would be great if we could have another meet (not really keen on the ORR though, the road is so boring I actually prefer the exits and the service lanes because they have some bends and circles ) . I still haven't been to any of them and I missed the last one and by the looks of it, so did a lot of others.

Still awaiting pics from the last one though.
Old 26th February 2014, 12:54   #93
shimshumara

When is the next Drive meet at HYD?

Old 26th February 2014, 16:37   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Why don't we plan a morning ORR drive meet which we end towards Gachibowli end and then have lunch at 13Dhaba.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
not really keen on the ORR though, the road is so boring I actually prefer the exits and the service lanes because they have some bends and circles
LOL IshaanIan.

The day time temperatures are soaring northwards and interest in driving in this heat is not there for now.

Let me know if you or anyone else is planning a mid week lunch meet somewhere in the village area (Jubilee Hills, Madhapur, Kondapur, Gachibowli, etc.) and I am interested in that.
Old 26th February 2014, 17:09   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
LOL IshaanIan.

The day time temperatures are soaring northwards and interest in driving in this heat is not there for now.

Let me know if you or anyone else is planning a mid week lunch meet somewhere in the village area (Jubilee Hills, Madhapur, Kondapur, Gachibowli, etc.) and I am interested in that.
True that! I myself don't go out before 5 in the evening these days. Can't be that bad though I am definitely in for a meet in the Jub/Mad/Kon/Gac area. Perhaps if there are atleast 4 more we could organize something?
Old 26th February 2014, 20:28   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
LOL IshaanIan.

Yes, We would love to welcome all the villagers to the new parts of the city, i.e Madhapur, Kondapur, Gachibowli etc. Unfortunately not too many new options have come up in the last few months, other than 13 Dhaba. Maybe we should try the Hong Kong restaurant, which we had planned once and then cancelled due to some wedding in their family.
Old 26th February 2014, 21:08   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Yes, We would love to welcome all the villagers to the new parts of the city, i.e Madhapur, Kondapur, Gachibowli etc.
You are already living there, so how can you welcome yourselves

For a change, guys in the "New Village' can invite us city-folks a.k.a. downtown folks.

But I agree with you that the Village area does not have too many options. Perhaps a drive to that road-side restaurant near Jadcherla for dinner should be good.
Old 26th February 2014, 21:29   #98
Senior - BHPian

While it would be convenient for me to have a meet here in the madhapur/gachibowli side, I do agree that there aren't too many interesting places unless everyone is up for sheesha or something like that.

What I propose is a drive down to Shamirpet lake and back. We could stop at Rajendar Singh Dhaba on the way. I haven't been to this part of town in ages so will folks who have let us know what the conditions are like there?
Old 26th February 2014, 21:46   #99
Senior - BHPian

I went upto Celebrity Club on Saturday, which is around 3 kms before Shameerpet lake, and a km after the ORR crossing.

The road is good as usual, with a few rough patches around Thumkunta area. But with temperatures soaring, I am not sure if people have the enthusiasm. This apart, we've been to that spot earlier on out tbhp drives.
Old 26th February 2014, 23:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

In any case, I am up for whatever! Just have to be at a T-BHP meet sometime and also I am sure people can relate when I say it is really difficult to keep my mouth shut about opinions on cars, technical talk etc. (mind you I am still a noob compared to most on this forum) Now and then I blurt stuff out to my friend and he indulges me a little but in the end it isn't the same. Even my ex tried learning a thing or two until I realized it was pointless
Old 27th February 2014, 10:02   #101
BHPian

I am in for the meet for lunch / dinner. Btw I see a lot of tbhp stcikers in mindspace. I work in B 10 ( Building with Raheja Office and ICICI bank), there are many tbhp guys here as well. Can we catch up for a quick chit chat some day. I usually come early and get out early but I can plan my day accordinly if we decide to catch up.
Old 27th February 2014, 11:57   #102
shimshumara

Fundu idea from Funda. I like atleast having a quick catch up at the new food court opp to Westing inside Raheja Mind Space with all the TBHPians.

I am in Building 5, diagonally opp to Westin. Let me know if we can do that even on any week days. But the Food court is crowded during peak lunch time. Alternatively, we can meet up for chai / kapi / snakes around 4pm.

This can be in addition to the Drive meet, being discussed in the thread.

Old 28th February 2014, 14:46   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see a meet is brewing. Where are you guys finally meeting?
Old 6th March 2014, 12:14   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, When do you want to do a drive meet?

I propose one to Nagarjunsagar late march or early april on a sunday
Old 6th March 2014, 13:00   #105
shimshumara

March is bit tough, April onwards is fine. Will there be a problem if we go on a SAT?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks