Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2006, 21:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bikers lets do that again (be a man) Mumbai Pune biker meet

Hey guyz its around 2 months now when we had our first bikers meet, and now its time to rock again..i m sure that all who were there last time are going come for this meet and same time all newbies and other members are welcome...

i spoke to Allan and he spoke with his wheather man, he said it wont rain and it will be bright and sunny so he is in, Nitroxx is in dubai so he wont be able to join but i think archieworld,anku,veyron1,heelntoe you guyz will be there...

so lets make this happen, just decide the place and time....

************BE A MAN*************

Last edited by pdev29 : 22nd September 2006 at 21:59.
Old 23rd September 2006, 14:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ok. I'm in. This time, let's go to Daman. I've been there recently, and we've got 117 kms (from Vasai jn.) of absolutely superb roads to go flat-out riding on...
Old 23rd September 2006, 14:26   #3
BHPian

im in 2....
as decided with dewang......lts keep it in october middle
Old 24th September 2006, 11:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Middle, you say? How about OCT. 15th? It's a Sunday. And BTW, you better bring a propah bike this time, weatherman. You enticed us with the ZX-14 last time. This time, we wanna see some flesh..
Old 24th September 2006, 13:19   #5
BHPian

might be in. have exams from end of september to the twelfth i think and after that i will be free to go. but as a passenger again because my nova is on the verge of dying. oh and hope the weatherman brings something nice this time (in terms of weather and bikes)

Last edited by heelntoe : 24th September 2006 at 13:22.
Old 24th September 2006, 19:16   #6
elf
BANNED

Just wondering... would the Lancer or wifey's Alto qualify if I drove it on two wheels all the way? I don't have a bike...
Old 24th September 2006, 20:02   #7
BHPian

yes but what about tyre wear, wouldnt you hate to replace one side earlier than the other.
Old 25th September 2006, 01:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

@ELF; Sure, why not? You get 7 kmpl on 4 wheels now, so maybe you'll get 14 kmpl on 2 wheels..

Seriously, if interested, hop on as pillion...would love to see your reactions while scraping the footpegs at 120 kays....
Old 25th September 2006, 02:58   #9
elf
BANNED

@heelntoe: What's this one-side tyre-wear nonsense? Both the Alto & the Lancer are front wheel drive vehicles. Therefore, I'll be driving them on the front wheels, if I do come.

@veyron1: Don't be silly son - everybody knows that it's the driving wheels that give you the fuel efficiency in a car. Hence, my average would stay the same @ 7kmpl. If it was a 4 wheel drive car, & then I drove it on either the front or rear wheels, it would give me an average of 14kmpl.

And no. I have no desire to scrape either my footpegs, shin, forehead or kneecaps at 120kmph. My reactions would be pointless on this forum, as every one of them would be censored.

As usual, I'll end this with a story.
Years back, when I was younger & a lot less worldly-wise, my best friend bought an RD350. This was around 1987 or so. He then proceeded to overbore it to what he claimed was 750cc, fitted both a Kinetic Honda taillamp & a KH seat to it, added what he called a "freeh-floh" exhaust. He also removed all side bars / grips / rear bars / footpegs / dishwashers / coffee-makers / etc... anything a pillion could get a purchase on.

To cut a long story short (I must be unwell), I was taken for a ride on it, & we proceeded down Pali Hill. About 75 metres from my house, at a seemingly breakneck pace of 90kmh,
he suddenly braked.

I jumped off the bike & landed on my (then) scrawny butt & scraped my elbows. He, of course, proceeded with the now sideways skidding bike down the street to land, literally, at the feet of a well placed RTO officer, who first asked him if he was able to speak, then went on to thrash him till he couldn't. My survival instinct led me home.

I have no inclination to repeat the incident, thankyouverymuch.

Maybe somebody should ask Pdev29, Mr. Auto-Dousing FirePants for his inputs.
Old 25th September 2006, 15:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

@elf: SON..?? Hain..? I didn't think you were THAT old, uncle....

Besides, when you said you were coming on two wheels, we thought you meant you would drive the car on 2 wheels- left 2, or right 2. Drafting, in other words. And since it's a FWD (or RWD or AWD or koi-bhi wheel drive), only ONE driven wheel (1/2 of normal) would be driving the car...hence 14 kmpl...samjhe?

And don't worry- you won't scrape anything whilst the bike scrapes the pegs. We all ride safe. Safe, as in- no bike will ever be on the road on one wheel or no wheels. Although leaning at 35 degrees as a pillion while holding on to the sareeguard might cause undesired bowel movements and/or uncontrolled derogatory remarks...

On second thoughts....you'll feel right at home...
Old 25th September 2006, 15:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

hey where are the others? not able see any post from anku and archieworld, i spoke to them when we met and they said they will come so i think they have not seen the thread yet....

@ELF :- oye teri..., ELF you can come with me as a pillion and i m sure you will not regret, you know how i ride

Off Topic :- Elf check out Prahlad Kakkar's Matiz for your convertible project.
Old 25th September 2006, 15:58   #12
elf
BANNED

veyron1: No, no all this sideways stuff ain't for me. 2 wheels mean the front wheels only. Hence the 7kmpl, inspite of all your cockamamie Chinese arithmetic.

@Pdev29: I'd like to retract my statement about your riding abilities, which was based upon our last meet. You, in my opinion, are the best rider in the world.
Considering the fact that the bovine bodied Shrivz was riding pillion on your buzzer, you had no option but to wheelie the entire way. However, I do know how you ride. Chembur to the domestic airport in under 7 minutes with a bleating water buffalo holding on for dear life, on something which has only two wheels, an exposed engine & exhaust, & makes noises like a flatulent mosquito ain't my cup of tea. Yes, I'm too old. And I'd like to grow older as the days go by. Preferably not as a vegetable or stuffed in an urn.

I gave up cycles loooong ago. At least 22 years back. Yes veyron1, around the time you were born.

PS: Thanks Pdev29, on the heads up for the Prahalad Kakkar Matiz Project. Although a link would have been better.

Last edited by elf : 25th September 2006 at 16:05.
Old 25th September 2006, 16:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

@ ELF just to clarify Shrivz wasnt there with me on the bike when we went to Orchid, dude i always drive/ride safely when i have someone with me as a pillion or a passenger...and its not about 4 wheel or 2 wheel its all about how you handle it...

Sorry Elf yaar not able to open this link in office some IT issues but you can check this link, i think its the right link.

www.indiacar.com/infobank/owner_pralhad_kakkar.htm

Last edited by pdev29 : 25th September 2006 at 16:43.
Old 25th September 2006, 16:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

@elf; C'mon elf bhai...you're as old as you think you are. My 36 year old mama is more adventurous. Than you, and heck, even (God help him) me. And he insists he's a 21 year old.

Nevertheless, you're entitled to the "bhai" nomenclature, because of my traditional valued upbringing...

So, elf bhai, you coming for the meet? Don't worry, we'll ride like you drive. God promise, uncle....

Just got a brain-stormer. Why not invite the pune bikers, and we meet 'em up halfway...for a mega-meet? Rains are through, and it seems like a perfect time, what with all the festive spirit....
Old 25th September 2006, 16:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

@veyron1 i think thats a good idea, we can make it mumbai pune if they wanna join...

Mods please change the title make it mumbai -pune
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks