Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 03:17   #1651
BHPian

Did something happen? I'm not going to miss another one of these
Old 31st August 2010, 16:29   #1652

In town 12th Sept

Hi guys

Im new here on the forum. I will be in Bangalore (coming up from Singapore) on the 12th of Sept for about a week. Would like to meet up with some BLR based Bhpers if possible. Feel free to PM me...thanks
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:12   #1653
BHPian

Nandi Hills on 03 Sep

Anyone game for Nandi Hills drive Friday 03 Sep eve and return next day afternoon.

Must see is the sunrise at 6.00 am there hence plans to stay and heard there are options of stay within there.

PM me in case someone love to join.

Have some plans to visit Lepakshi too the next day. Let me see how it works out.

rgrds
prsn
Old 2nd September 2010, 18:24   #1654
Senior - BHPian

A few of us are planning a bike ride on the 12th of September to the following destination suggested by n_Aditya:

"On the Kanakapura road towards Chunchi falls and mekedatu. Its only 100 kms one way and the scenery on the way is awesome."

The tentative list is :

n_aditya
abhinav.s
rdna
sammyboy
sriram.iyer - To confirm
amarprusty
nkrishnap - (with better half ??)

If anyone else would like to join, please add yourselves to the list. This is going to be a relaxed ride, aimed at enjoying the bikes, the company of fellow bhpians and the scenery.
In case of bad weather we plan to have a small meet instead. Details not decided yet.

Last edited by sammyboy : 2nd September 2010 at 18:28.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:43   #1655
BHPian

Guys,
At Sangama, its a normal routine to cross the river on foot and reach the other side to visit Mekedatu. 2 rivers meet here. One is the cauveri and the other is the akravathi. Remember, akravathi is now the mighty Bangalore drain. So be cautious while you play in the waters as one might get sick pretty soon. The walking path is right thru this water. Cauvery joins a little further but no one crosses there.

We came to know of this in our recent trip when we took a detour to a reservoir some 10-15 kms before sangama. we had a casual chat with the engineer there and that guy mentioned that this is the Bangalore drain and no more a river. The stench at the dam is unbearable.

In case you plan to visit mekedatu, one your way back instead of taking the bus, walk for a kilometer and keep an eye on the left to find some sandy beaches. They are nice to play.

Quick Meets at Bangalore-sdc14786-medium.jpg
Quick Meets at Bangalore-sdc14790-medium.jpg

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:18   #1656
Senior - BHPian

Hey Krishna, Thanks for the update. I am not sure if we would want to smell the drain too, just the ride should be good enough this time
Old 7th September 2010, 10:28   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Krishna, Thanks for the update. I am not sure if we would want to smell the drain too, just the ride should be good enough this time
Hey sammyboy, could you let me know what other bikes will be joining? I know there will be one R15 and a RTR180. Would like to join in, but not sure if my slightly wheezy RXZ would be able to keep up.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:08   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Hey sammyboy, could you let me know what other bikes will be joining? I know there will be one R15 and a RTR180. Would like to join in, but not sure if my slightly wheezy RXZ would be able to keep up.
Hey bro, its just going to be a fun ride with absolutely sane speeds. I am sure the RXZ will be more than comfortable. BTW, there will be a Ninja and probably a Bulllet too. Dont worry about such things man
Old 7th September 2010, 11:10   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Hey bro, its just going to be a fun ride with absolutely sane speeds. I am sure the RXZ will be more than comfortable. BTW, there will be a Ninja and probably a Bulllet too. Dont worry about such things man
Great then...count me in!
Old 8th September 2010, 21:37   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Ok so here is another one Suhaas and I are meeting tomorrow (9th sept )around 7ish at the Indiranagar BDA complex for some kebabs. Anyone interested, pls post or pm either of us .
Old 8th September 2010, 21:51   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is going to be a relaxed ride, aimed at enjoying the bikes, the company of fellow bhpians and the scenery.
*cough, cough, clearing throat*.

Quote:
lol. We can ride further to Shivanasamudram if no one is in a hurry to go back home. Its only 70 kms away.

Quote:
Ok so here is another one Suhaas and I are meeting tomorrow (9th sept )around 7ish at the Indiranagar BDA complex for some kebabs. Anyone interested, pls post or pm either of us .
so early in the morning?

just kidding man. lol.

anyway for the ride on the 12th i suggest we meet at a convenient location in the city no later than 6am. i'll call you tomorrow and we'll plan everything.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th September 2010 at 21:52.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:08   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
*cough, cough, clearing throat*.

lol. We can ride further to Shivanasamudram if no one is in a hurry to go back home. Its only 70 kms away.
so early in the morning?

just kidding man. lol.

anyway for the ride on the 12th i suggest we meet at a convenient location in the city no later than 6am. i'll call you tomorrow and we'll plan everything.
heh heh, yeah right , You anyways have a green rocket under your...uh After Sales Service .I am game for Shivanasumadram too . Home alone u see hee hee and thats 7pm not am for the meet with Suhaas.

Last edited by sammyboy : 8th September 2010 at 22:10.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:16   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
heh heh, yeah right , You anyways have a green rocket under your...uh After Sales Service .I am game for Shivanasumadram too . Home alone u see hee hee and thats 7pm not am for the meet with Suhaas.
hehehe. i know its 7pm bro. just kidding. anyway, there will be a few more riders joining us so expect one big gang of bikers. I'm game for SS falls too.

P.S. Someone get a camera along. My batteries are busted and i'm gonna buy my next set only after some research. The current set just died in a matter of few months.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:34   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
hehehe. i know its 7pm bro. just kidding. anyway, there will be a few more riders joining us so expect one big gang of bikers. I'm game for SS falls too.

P.S. Someone get a camera along. My batteries are busted and i'm gonna buy my next set only after some research. The current set just died in a matter of few months.
I have a crappy p&s which I can get. I am in the same boat as I need to get a new one. Am so looking fwd to the ride. Wish the weather stays well. DO post your predictions.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:35   #1665
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So for now, here are the confirmed meaters:

- Sammyboy
- N-Aditya
- Suhaas307
- Nikhilb2008 (are you listening? )
- Krraj (silent spectator )

I've PMed Avishar and Preetam_korg as well, waiting for a response from them.

For those who don't know where the place is, it's ridiculously easy to find. It's inside the Indiranagar BDA Complex/RTO, bang on the Indiranagar Double Road. There is a massive Adigas on the perpendicular road and a park on the opposite side, and for those coming from Frazer Town/Benson Town/Vasanthnagar and beyond, you must come onto Old Madras Road and get into Indiranagar. PM/text/call me for detailed directions.

Meat time: 7:00 pm (10.09.10)

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th September 2010 at 22:38. Reason: forgot to add the date/time!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks