Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:00   #901
BHPian

Just spoke to regulars, they are bored of mysore road so for a change we can do a nandi hills drive and hangout in BIA CCD. Guys dont do speed runs near BIA road, cops will sure be there.

@gowda79 - Got news that kolar road is in the making and lot of traffic aswell. yes, if we are driving a safari we can make our own road

meeting point - After hebbal flyover, near columbia asia / esteem mall at 9pm.

Last edited by brraj : 3rd July 2009 at 16:07.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:06   #902
Senior - BHPian

I would like to join if you guys are crossing Bandipur.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:13   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post

Tumkur road, Krishnagiri road are filled with trucks.
old madras road - Road repair
I guess we have left out with mysore road / BIA road.

As people needs change maybe we can drive to nandi hills spend some time there and get back to Bangalore International airport and hangout in coffee day.
+1 to BIA.night drive towards looks good.
Yes need to worry abt cops.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:23   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
May be we drive down to gopalswamy betta early in the morning on Sunday and get back home before evening. Traffic would be lot less in the morning and we can reach the place in about 2hrs i guess. Senior members please suggest.
Gopalaswamy betta in 2 hours on that Mysore-Ooty road is impossible. What speed you guys are planning to fly,oops I mean drive? it's 230kms almost..

You guys can think about Tumkur road too but heavy traffic till you cross Nelamangala..
BTW, do they have speed guns running at night time too? I'm asking about BIA road?
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:29   #905
BHPian

i have not seen speed guns but have seen lot of police making rounds in bikes & jeeps.

Last edited by brraj : 3rd July 2009 at 16:30.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:30   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Gopalaswamy betta in 2 hours on that Mysore-Ooty road is impossible. What speed you guys are planning to fly,oops I mean drive? it's 230kms almost..

You guys can think about Tumkur road too but heavy traffic till you cross Nelamangala..
BTW, do they have speed guns running at night time too? I'm asking about BIA road?
I remember reading on some thread that cops are there only till 5 or 6pm. Not sure though.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:35   #907
BHPian

Quote:

2hrs looks impossible but you havent seen the guys driving , 100kmph is the minimum so may be 2 - 2.30 hrs should be enough.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:57   #908
BHPian

I drive on the BIA road every week or so and i have seen many interceptors with speed guns but all before 6 PM so maybe they wont be there and as for the cops who do round we dont need to bother about them if we follow the traffic signals(speaking of which there are about 4 or 5 of them).
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:59   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Guys dont do speed runs near BIA road, cops will sure be there.

meeting point - After hebbal flyover, near columbia asia / esteem mall at 9pm.
What Raj says is right, cops with Speed guns are regular after yelahanka, so don't cross 80kmph (speed limit).

About the meeting point, parking near columbia asia/esteem mall might be a problem, nowadays police keeps moving around that area and they do not allow cars to stop/park there. (Mostly a tow away zone).
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:48   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

two hours to gopalswamy beta is not doable safely by any standards and saftey is of prime importance we dont wanna anything bad to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnandi View Post
What Raj says is right, cops with Speed guns are regular after yelahanka, so don't cross 80kmph (speed limit).

About the meeting point, parking near columbia asia/esteem mall might be a problem, nowadays police keeps moving around that area and they do not allow cars to stop/park there. (Mostly a tow away zone).
No speed guns after night fall , as they cannot record you on video , this was the reason given to me by a cop friends same case all over india . So unless you are pulling of magnificient stunts ( with loud exhausts and bling HID lamps )enroute you shoudl be safe and 80kmph my foot with all due respect.

The KSRTC Volvos cruise at 100 kmph Even bikes maintain 100 kmph on the BIAL road. Except for the high speed lane where you have slow moving trucks .

Dont stop in front of esteem mall go into teh service lane a little beyond the , cops dont have aproblem there that would be ooposite the columbia- asia hospital or MROTEK. Be sure to park inside the metal barricades.

i work out of Kirloskar Tech park right next to MROTEK and the hospital and take the road everyday.

Last edited by hellstar : 3rd July 2009 at 17:50.
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:56   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@gowda79 - Got news that kolar road is in the making and lot of traffic aswell. yes, if we are driving a safari we can make our own road
Would love to join you all in my Safari, but unfortunately i am in Singapore and would not be able to join you guys.
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:58   #912
BHPian

ok guys, then lets meet up at 9pm sharp IST timings.
As hellstar mentioned park your cars in service lane.

signing off...
Old 4th July 2009, 03:54   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2hrs looks impossible but you havent seen the guys driving , 100kmph is the minimum so may be 2 - 2.30 hrs should be enough.
Whatever speed you drive, it's not possible in 2 hrs. the next 100 km from Mysore to G.Betta will take atleast 2 hrs, you can't fly on that road as you can do on Blr-Mysore road. So it may not be possible unless you want to put yourself or others on the road in danger.
Old 4th July 2009, 04:02   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you have got Santro, are you going to drive at the same speed?
eventhough I see most of them has got skoda and elentra and can drive around 120-140 (avg 100kmph), its not going to be a good idea driving at that speed on mysore road at night. So, eventhough you do it, you can do it only on mysore road, that is 140KMs rest 90 KMS you cant do that and will take almost same or more time that you spent on blr-mysore road. 2.30 looks possible only if you can get pass mysore road in around 1.15 hours. dont go that speed.
Old 4th July 2009, 07:18   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I guess you have got Santro, are you going to drive at the same speed?
eventhough I see most of them has got skoda and elentra and can drive around 120-140 (avg 100kmph), its not going to be a good idea driving at that speed on mysore road at night. So, eventhough you do it, you can do it only on mysore road, that is 140KMs rest 90 KMS you cant do that and will take almost same or more time that you spent on blr-mysore road. 2.30 looks possible only if you can get pass mysore road in around 1.15 hours. dont go that speed.
is the meet over or is it still yet to happen? I just saw this thread and i'm in for the drive if it is yet to happen i.e)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks