Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 12:30   #916
Senior - BHPian

3rd Jun 09 Night Drive Report

Sorry @14000 it is over ,anyways here is what happened.

We met up as discussed near the Columbia Asia hospital yesterday night at around 2130 hrs ( in true TBHP IST style )and started off in five cars

One Stock elantra
Getz CDRI
Lancer
Peted Verna
Skoda Octavia

and we had a Black skoda join us at the parking lot for a brief duration , the lancer and the black skoda missed out of the fun drive to Nandi from BIAL

@ Redcircle
@ Tadu
we really missed you guys and you also missed out on a wonderful drive , check out the following pictures and videos.

Had a nice drive to BIAL where we had some Subway goodies and settled down for from talk and talk we did for sure and we were also waiting for Tadu and Akshay to turn up....Akshay did turn up late and took leave early ! just as we started off to Nandi Hills at around 1230 hrs from BIAL..

From here on i will let the video and picture do the talk , please pardon the low quality of videos and files as this was the best my humble P&S could manage in the given circumstances. But the pictures would convey the overall mood ...

that's just after we had those Subway stuff and got back to our cars which were parked in the P2 parking in BIAL , we are now officially waiting for Tadu and Akshay to turn up
Quick Meets at Bangalore-building-up-appettite.jpg

Thats the line up of cars before akshay turned up.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-cars-parket-bial-p2-parking-lot.jpg

McLaren V2 and that's Shailesh behind him
Quick Meets at Bangalore-mclaren-v2.jpg

There was a pretty chill wind blowing so we "settled down " to do some talking...serious
Quick Meets at Bangalore-hmm-its-warm-somfy-now.jpg

Now that's ShyamCRDi trying to pull off some stunts to get onto the frame.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-thats-shaym-pulling-some-fancy-steps-get-into-frame.jpg

Kerb Sitters , we agreed that the plants were warm.
Name:  kerb sitters.JPG
Views: 536
Size:  80.9 KB

brraj getting down to business
Quick Meets at Bangalore-brraj-getting-down-business.jpg

Scene on top of Nandi Hills
Quick Meets at Bangalore-p1060141-medium.jpg
Quick Meets at Bangalore-p1060147-medium.jpg
Quick Meets at Bangalore-p1060139-medium.jpg

on top of Nandi we were all scared because we all had the feeling that " something was coming up "

This is the video of he drive up to Nandi Hills after the mist started to roll in real thick.

This video was taken when we stopped near the ticket counter and was having a chat there ...

The drive back was predictably fast and re grouped back near Hebbal before breaking offf.... till the next night drive , we had a lovely time.

A special mention to a non TBHP guest we had - Shailesh S, loved ur spirit man !

One conclusion we all had was that this was better than the Mysore road drive and maybe we should start doing this route more often for the night drives.

Last edited by hellstar : 4th July 2009 at 12:41. Reason: typo corrections
Old 4th July 2009, 17:26   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Sorry @14000 it is over ,anyways here is what happened.

I missed it but i do believe night drives and frequent meet ups are definitely a must
I'm gonna stay stuck on this thread.
Old 4th July 2009, 20:14   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Now that's ShyamCRDi trying to pull off some stunts to get onto the frame.
Quote:
brraj getting down to business
Quote:
on top of Nandi we were all scared because we all had the feeling that " something was coming up "
I am ROFL after reading this. That was me trying to sit before hellstar could take the picture. And then brraj getting down to business and then "mclaren" and all of us were scared "something was coming up. Man it was one heck of a drive. Completely fun filled. Rahul drove the getzi up the hill and one word to describe it is it was "EXHILARATING". Thanks guys for the amazing meet. It was completely fun filled with mclaren and hellstar sharing all the wild WILD life journeys. The entry itself was a WILDLIFE example. Many regulars missed it this time. Hey rahul put up a review of the getz drive when you have time.

Cheers/Shyam
Old 4th July 2009, 22:01   #919
BHPian

Shyam you seem to have got a little jig going on there. Did you teach the other guys your moves?
Anup I presume your the one with the french beard.
I will 99.9% be hitting bangalore this month end.. 25th and 26th weekend I guess. We guys oughta meet. Looking forward to our chennai meet tomorrow now.

EDIT: after further inspection of the photos I find a lot of french beards. Sorry hellstar. I thought I'd found you!

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 4th July 2009 at 22:06.
Old 4th July 2009, 22:04   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
The entry itself was a WILDLIFE example. Many regulars missed it this time.

Cheers/Shyam
Yeah the wildlife at entry was unnerving , the second video sort of gives you a very short glimpse of the wildlife action in the backgroud, the photos are also there but its is just too explicit to put up on the forum.

Last edited by DerAlte : 5th July 2009 at 21:07. Reason: Read posting rules
Old 4th July 2009, 22:09   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Shyam you seem to have got a little jig going on there. Did you teach the other guys your moves?
Anup I presume your the one with the french beard.
I will 99.9% be hitting bangalore this month end.. 25th and 26th weekend I guess. We guys oughta meet. Looking forward to our chennai meet tomorrow now.

EDIT: after further inspection of the photos I find a lot of french beards. Sorry hellstar. I thought I'd found you!

yeah yeah i do sport a french ( the middle one in picture with three guys sitting on the kerb) , an yes i will be back on your turf by 16th July ...
Old 5th July 2009, 11:48   #922
BHPian

It was a good night drive to the airport. Had fun exploring the car.
The car is NOT a LANCER but a Cedia Sports (Chicago White). For Pete's sake..(Pun intended)

A day drive to Nandi hills would have been ideal but the video looks awesome with a FULLER fuel tank, I should be able to join you guys for the FULL drive.

Until NEXT time!

Last edited by raajks : 5th July 2009 at 11:54.
Old 5th July 2009, 19:25   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
It was a good night drive to the airport. Had fun exploring the car.
The car is NOT a LANCER but a Cedia Sports (Chicago White). For Pete's sake..(Pun intended)

A day drive to Nandi hills would have been ideal but the video looks awesome with a FULLER fuel tank, I should be able to join you guys for the FULL drive.

Until NEXT time!
sorry for that dude , i stand corrected ! you could have simply left your car at P2 and joined us if you were low in fuel ... chalo anyways there is always nxt time!

Last edited by hellstar : 5th July 2009 at 19:27.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:58   #924
BHPian

Quote:
sorry guys we can let the secret out, Its highly NonVeg.

Quote:
One conclusion we all had was that this was better than the Mysore road drive and maybe we should start doing this route more often for the night drives.
next drive is sure for nandi hills.
Old 6th July 2009, 11:13   #925
BHPian

I cudnt make it this time since i had to see a doctor on saturady morning because of hairfall and for my luck doctor is available only on weekdays What happened to Mclarens hair anyways? I can see some new faces in the pics(new to me), Will definately make it next time.

Last edited by Red Circle : 6th July 2009 at 11:14.
Old 6th July 2009, 11:15   #926
BHPian

even Mclaren needs to visit doctor, kidding.

Last edited by brraj : 6th July 2009 at 11:30.
Old 6th July 2009, 11:39   #927
BHPian

looks like you guys had a fun drive , missed it , got held up elsewhere.
Old 6th July 2009, 12:13   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I guess you have got Santro, are you going to drive at the same speed?
eventhough I see most of them has got skoda and elentra and can drive around 120-140 (avg 100kmph), its not going to be a good idea driving at that speed on mysore road at night. So, eventhough you do it, you can do it only on mysore road, that is 140KMs rest 90 KMS you cant do that and will take almost same or more time that you spent on blr-mysore road. 2.30 looks possible only if you can get pass mysore road in around 1.15 hours. dont go that speed.
I know i cant keep up with other guys and its not safe also in my santro, so usually i travel in others cars for such drives and moreover this plan was only if its a day drive and not night.
Old 8th July 2009, 19:22   #929
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

This is by far THE best night drive I have been to. We must make this route a regular from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
What happened to Mclarens hair anyways?
No clue! Woke up one morning and found myself sporting a bald head .
Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
even Mclaren needs to visit doctor, kidding.
I am on drugs, except they caused my head to go bald. Reading "something is coming up" still brings a smile to my face.

Tadu, where art thou?
Old 8th July 2009, 19:39   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
This is by far THE best night drive I have been to. We must make this route a regular from now on.

No clue! Woke up one morning and found myself sporting a bald head .

I am on drugs, except they caused my head to go bald. Reading "something is coming up" still brings a smile to my face.

Tadu, where art thou?

Exactly my thought , Tadu we would have loved to have you on this one ...

guys can we do this again this weekend ? with more cars the more the merrier ... and no more waiting at Airport Parking just drive up spend time there and then drive back , i still cant get the images of the four cars cutting through the thick fog out of my mind ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks