Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2017, 22:07   #6061
BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
The Bangalore based S-Cross gang had a meet last Friday. Here's a quick update.
Much has been said about the report, so will not go into the specifics. As always excellent report Sudeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It was nice meeting you all and I loved driving all the way from Mysore too.
Though lovetorque and myself had a bit of challenge in coaxing you for the meet, you made it look so easy driving all the way from Mysore in your remapped beast. Kudos to you young man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
A few more shots of the action;Fri Night well spent
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I was in two moods about the meet when I started from office; here are some of the pictures I took.
Thanks a lot jaunthead, girishv & kpzen for sharing excellent set of pictures. No set of pictures are complete without a selfie isnt'it? So a special thanks to Sreejith for the 'groupfie'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
first of all a heartfelt thanks to you and all the other S-Cross owners who turned up for the meet, for accommodating the guest hatch in the midst of all your Crossovers!!
You're most welcome and will be happy to have you in all the future Scross meets. Probably a bigger & better one next time.

Quote:
Maybe another mini meet at your farm??
Ohh you've already given us ideas. Dr. wouldn't mind coming from Mysore again and take us all the way from here to his farm.

Thanks to Vignesh for being a Braveheart and attending the meet though he had a private matter to attend to at the stroke of midnight.

If ONE year ownership of having the tusker wasn't enough reason for celebration, meeting fellow bhpians and Scross enthusiasts was an icing on the cake. Great discussions about ICE, vehicle damping against external sound, XP Micros, Euro spec grille etc. Organizing this meet led to making some good friends and getting to know that I have bhpians as my neighbors was awesome! Overall thoroughly enjoyed the meet which will be remembered for years to come and will lay the foundation for many more such meets in future.

Last edited by Keynote : 13th June 2017 at 22:30.
Old 13th June 2017, 22:25   #6062
BHPian

Quote:
Well written update Sudeep, on the meet up last week!

This was the first time I was part of such a meet and believe me, this is definitely not going to be my last. I am sure we have big plans after this small meet up

It was great meeting up and knowing fellow BHP-ians and other S-Cross owners and enthusiasts including your little one who was counting the number of S-Crosses. Some salient points from the meet.
  • XP Micro was a revelation. Showed how Maruti tricked us with candlelight projectors
  • S-Cross 1.6 is a beast in itself. Naren's car showed how Fiat and Maruti had tamed it and how demonic it can be if its true potential is unleashed
  • 13 S-Crosses on a Friday night - Can't get better for the get together of beasts n beast-riders, can it? I am sure no Maruti dealer will be able to show these many S-Crosses at this point of time
  • Doc driving in from Mysore, guys making it to the meet in spite of having un-missable events at home (ahem, its me), guys getting their family along so late in the night - if this does not show our passion, what will?

I missed to experience Sudeep's remapped 1.3 and Lovetorque's dampened car with upgraded ICE, thanks to my requirement to be home before midnight. The group and enthusiasm made me stay at CCD till 11:40 and I covered the distance of 46 kms back home in less than 30 mins - Thanks to the good roads and a car that can make use of such roads.

Last but not the least, Thanks to Dr. Naren, Keynote and Lovetorque for arranging this and making it happen. Congratulations to Keynote for celebrating his first anniversary of the car. Thanks Girishv and Jaunthead for some beautiful pics and Special Thanks to KpZen for dropping by and for his expert photography.

Some pics from my end

XP demos
Quick Meets at Bangalore-20170609_223941.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-20170609_224005.jpg

The Grand Line up of 13 S-Crosses
Quick Meets at Bangalore-20170609_233234.jpg

Last edited by Vigkey : 13th June 2017 at 22:28.
Old 13th June 2017, 22:36   #6063
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sudeep for the well narrated notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I was in two moods about the meet when I started from office as it was raining heavily and has taken my two wheeler as I had to go back home and pick my family for the meet.
Jiji, missed auditioning your ICE setup. Next time.
I too missed couple of things, yes next time! We need a lengthier meet, going my the information exchange and enthusiasm we all had!

Quote:
Folks, first of all a heartfelt thanks to you and all the other S-Cross owners who turned up for the meet, for accommodating the guest hatch in the midst of all your Crossovers!!
Always welcome. The hatch qualifies, as it can give an acceleration for the money to S-Cross!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Much has been said about the report, so will not go into the specifics. As always excellent report Sudeep.
Though lovetorque and myself had a bit of challenge in coaxing you for the meet, you made it look so easy driving all the way from Mysore in your remapped beast. Kudos to you young man
How a casual chatting turned around as the meet in short notice! More than that till the last date we were not sure about reaching double digit figure. Special thanks to Dr. Naren to initiate the idea, driving from Mysore during the rush weekend.
Thanks all, looking forward for bigger events.
Old 23rd June 2017, 19:27   #6064
BHPian

Theres a track day happening in Bangalore Tomorrow at Meco Kartopia.
Anybodys joining ?
Old 24th July 2017, 13:17   #6065
Senior - BHPian

Reposting here as suggested

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Hi folks. Some bangalore people were asking about participating in a Chennai drive. The consensus in Chennai is a drive to Ambur / Vaniyambadi, about midway between both of us, on Sunday August 13 (per the results of a poll that we conducted).

Please track this post below and its replies for coordination if you're interested - you're all cordially welcome.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4239158
Old 24th July 2017, 13:29   #6066
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone interested in this drive from Bangalore. It will be a nice drive and Star Biriyani at Ambur is awesome.
Old 24th July 2017, 14:05   #6067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Reposting here as suggested
I'm game for some good biryani!
Old 24th July 2017, 16:02   #6068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys, anyone interested in this drive from Bangalore. It will be a nice drive and Star Biriyani at Ambur is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I'm game for some good biryani!
Welcome, folks. Please post in the original thread confirming your tbhp usernames and rides so that we can book a table at the restaurant in advance.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4239158
Old 24th July 2017, 16:22   #6069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome, folks. Please post in the original thread confirming your tbhp usernames and rides so that we can book a table at the restaurant in advance.

Maybe you should open a new Chennai- Bangalore joint meet thread.
Old 24th July 2017, 16:28   #6070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Maybe you should open a new Chennai- Bangalore joint meet thread.
OK. Here you go. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...niyambadi.html

Please add the Bangalore to Vaniyambadi itinerary to the thread in a separate post, I will request the mods to assembly line it and merge your post into the master / first post in that thread, along with the Chennai meetup location.
Old 21st October 2017, 09:33   #6071
BHPian

Howcome bangalore meets have reduced in number soo much!!?
Anyone up for a quick drive to kolar for breakfast tomorrow 22nd october?
Old 27th October 2017, 23:56   #6072
BHPian

There's one next month.
Here's the thread!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191712
Old 5th November 2017, 23:37   #6073
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4300183

For anyone interested, a nice big meet is being planned.

Kindly ignore the Motorcycle part if you're not a biker. Everyone is free to jump in!
Old 8th November 2017, 01:07   #6074
BHPian

Quote:
Chanced upon this while I was looking at details of the upcoming Hyd-Blr meet. Do let me know when the next one is planned. Would be nice to catchup with fellow BHPians.
Old 31st January 2018, 11:24   #6075
BHPian

Any meets planned for Blr folks?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks