Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2007, 10:45   #61
BANNED

Wonder how I missed this thread .... seems the trip developed action before even starting , though a BIG relief that Sam's managed taking of somehow !!! As Rt put , watch out KL - TBHPians are coming your way .

And don't forget poor NC , whos on foreign soil , with no one to guide him around ;-) !!! Wonder how many nails did he chew of .....

raghava@ pity that you couldn't make it , at times being your own boss SUCKS !!! But then there is always a next time so chill, ull get a live update from the gang of guys who did make it there .

Suman ji @ Well , Im sure by now it wud have sunk in that ur there for the GP , and the sound of those machines will definitely remind you that you are truely there and it aint no dream .

All you guys ... ENJOY -- and I can see this thread turning into the ' longest thread ' !!!!

Cheers
Old 6th April 2007, 10:49   #62
BHPian

yeah sam enjoy the trip and as ishaan said lots of pics of cars and babes
Old 6th April 2007, 11:46   #63
Team-BHP Support

A well deserved happy ending for Sam. Cheers buddy, have a blast!!
Old 6th April 2007, 11:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Them lucky buggers must be at the practice sessions now. Hopefully we should have report no. 1 by this evening
Old 6th April 2007, 13:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sam, and all at Sepang!!
Enjoy the chilled beers at the circuit only way to keep the dehydration away.
Have a Ball, dont forget the Massages at the Parlourscheers: 2 to tango!!
Old 6th April 2007, 16:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Guys I am truly sorry but I've had to scrap my plans at the last moment due to some colossal problems at work.
Oye, tire business seems to be full skyrocketing in Mandirabad or wherever you are. Just kidding

Pity to hear that really! Never seen anyone more enthusiastic about TBhp meets than you and would have been fitting that you went, got drunk and the spirit of the DBhpian that you are, pee-ed on some pavement dwellers sleeping outside the Petronas.
Old 6th April 2007, 17:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

On the edge of Euphoria?

Wow, finally in KL & chilling in our hotel room on the 16th floor, nice & showered. & enjoying the view of the Petronas Twin Towers just across the way! Bloody tired though, not having had much sleep last nite.

Landed at KL & headed straight for the circuit bleary eyed, unshaven & unkempt, to pick up our tickets! Disappointment - reached a little late, just when the first practice session was finishing..........the scream of those engines was like indescribable! Since we missed the first session & were dead on our feet, decided to watch a bit of the Porsche Carrera practice sessions (quite invigorating by itself but not a patch on the F1 obviously) & then head for the city & the Hotel.

So that's where yours truly is presently parked, wondering whether or not to catch 40 winks......dunno if I'll wake up before the morning so won't risk it.

So here's my non-race plan for the rest of the day - hop across to the KLCC which is just across the road & try to pick up some F1 gear.......hang around there to see if one can spot any action (y'day they were apparently blazing a BMW Sauber around that park area). There is the BIG dinner at the KLCC tonight - costs about INR 4k per head LOL! LOL! - where all the drivers & bigwigs are gonna be there but us poor folk can only gawk from afar!

Plan tomorrow is to head out by around 10 am so that one can catch bits of the final practice session & then watch the qualifying, bit of the Porsche Carreras & then head back home.

Oh, by the way, BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT of it all - you guys never told me that they don't allow Video cameras/Handycams!!!!!!! ***.......can you imagine not being able to capture all this on video......jeez!

More later guys.........Nitin is reaching KL at 7.30 this evening, not sure if I'll be awake by then tho.ugh.

Ciao everyone!
Old 6th April 2007, 22:11   #68
BHPian

Hi tbhp guys. Glad to know most of you guys are here. I'm here from well past 7 months :P

Time to go to F1 as a big group. Apologies if I've missed the info in all the commotion but I request someone to call me (as I can't contact you guys) at 017-6967771.

For the F1 merchandise if you are not particular about filling racing teams pockets or on a budget, you can buy similar stuff at Petaling street for much cheaper (F1 Tees for RM18 when i purchased few days back).

Anyway hoping to meet you all (and a call from a tbhpian )...
Old 7th April 2007, 03:18   #69
BANNED

Posting from Changi, Singapore.
As the boards say, I am just 40 mins away from Sepang it seems.
Old 7th April 2007, 09:38   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ok boys and girls , grown ups and kids .. Just got a msg from sam .. Says , anyone who wishes to hear the F1 engines scream away to glory first hand kindly call up on this number -> +60169264596 either during the qualifying or the race .. Regards the Tattooed Hairy Tree/Yeti ..
Old 7th April 2007, 10:23   #71
BHPian

hello from Sepang...
finally, after much trials And tribulations, most of the tbhp gang is on track at sepang and things are ON!!!
folks here are:
Sam, Ajmat, NC, Kpzen, Zak, tifosikrishna, Nikhil, GTO..
Ishan's friends
Nitinbhag & wife
Suman & gang are elsewhere on track..

mods, pl excuse the grammar as this is being done from a pda ontrack
Old 7th April 2007, 10:27   #72
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Oooppss forgot to mention that call charges will be at 50 bucks approx/min ..
Old 7th April 2007, 10:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

Live reports awesome Nitin is there anyway pics can be posted while the action is on?
Old 7th April 2007, 11:03   #74
Senior - BHPian

Yo guys & Nitin........here I am. Duly satiated by a lunch of rice & chicken.

Arrived around the same time as the rest of the gang (as per Nitin's sms) & watched the practice session. Kimi was 5th fastest, not so hot. But the experience so far? Just once word - AWESOME. Oh, and another word - INCREDIBLE! I don't think I'll ever forget the resonance deep inside my stomach with every BLATT! On deceleration at turn 10.

THANKS to Nachu for tipping me off about F Platinum........and to Steer & Nachu for convincing me that it was worth the extra $$! It most definitely is guys.

Well, they allowed handycams in today so got some good action. Been trying to spot Sam's mop on C2, which is across on our left but no luck so far.

Anyways guys, half ab hour to go so I'll stretch my legs a bit........Nitin, keep posting pics for the rest of the gang if you can. More later, if I don't pass out with the excitement........heat still bearable so far, maybe b'cos its covered.
Old 7th April 2007, 11:26   #75
Senior - BHPian

Great going suman I presume the C stands are to your left and I think you have a bit of straight track right in front of you since you are in F. I guess you can see the start finish straight as well. Keep the updates coming.

Most Viewed