Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2007, 15:58   #121
Team-BHP Support

Great and detailed writeup Sam. Now we really feel what we missed.
Old 10th April 2007, 16:10   #122
BANNED

GO ON MAN ..... We want it all before the end of 10th April 2007 !!!

NC@ hows the tiger beer compared to our very own KF ???
Old 10th April 2007, 16:10   #123
BHPian

hi sam is that the malaysian lady giving u the cap who took off her top for u to sign bye the way nice write up
Old 10th April 2007, 16:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Tiger is as good as KF , Khaadu. Infact they have Skol available too and thats pretty good too. Go on Sam - I am already back in KL reading your part-1 report.
Old 10th April 2007, 16:17   #125
Senior - BHPian

Keep going sam, take it as slow as possible, we are enjoying every word.
thanks
Old 10th April 2007, 16:26   #126
Senior - BHPian

Dont stop now Sam its only the beginning. I want to hear more about Porsche guys and their rentals Maybe ported will read this too and get his hopes high
Old 10th April 2007, 16:29   #127
Senior - BHPian

As always Great Report Sam. Awaiting Part2 3 4 .......

Quote:
Keep going sam, take it as slow as possible, we are enjoying
Quote:
Dont stop now Sam its only the beginning. I want ..... more
Damn it Sam see what impact you are having on people here

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th April 2007 at 16:31.
Old 10th April 2007, 16:35   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

And whos hand decided to censor the best pic of the lot ... ??? NC @ is that bad boy you by any chance ???
Old 10th April 2007, 16:38   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And whos hand decided to censor the best pic of the lot ... ??? NC @ is that bad boy you by any chance ???
yeah khaadu thats NC alright. Trust him to mess up a good view
Old 10th April 2007, 16:49   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
yeah khaadu thats NC alright. Trust him to mess up a good view
All I am doing is trying to hold up the damn thing - we cant post those pictures here right ?

Nicer ones coming up boys - be patient

Last edited by normally_crazy : 10th April 2007 at 16:53.
Old 10th April 2007, 16:53   #131
BANNED

Wow!! Great write up there amigos.
Yet to read the complete report of AjMat A.K.A AAM.

It was an awesome tour I did this morning. I decided to go past KL and ended up in some very beautiful places including PutraJaya (Present capital of government), Subang Jaya, Shah Alam and some other places not worth twisting my fingers here.

At Singapore airport now waiting for my next flight.
Pics tonight.
Old 10th April 2007, 17:49   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Captains Log, Stardate 6th April 2007, 1600 hours

Post lunch our shutterbug KK gives a whole new meaning to the words “toys for boys” Lot 10 is a great looking mall. Though we buy nothing, it’s still fun.

The Malaysian language has no script and it has adopted the English script for it’s language. However to simplify matter, things are written exactly as pronounced. Letters such as X and C are simply dropped. Words like Ekspres, Kolej and Kompleks are a common sight. Also due to the dialect, it is comoon to drop the last bit (like lot taay for lot 10) this trend is carried forward in writing. Ristoran and lif (restaurant and lift)We find this most amusing in a boyish, stupid narrow minded sort of way and laugh at every word that comes our way in Malay. Words such as pinggu and Pintu (doors) and of course the sign for the fire lift in our hotel, Lif Bomba. These are defined as cheap thrills. We keep saying things like “Gautam, pintu ko khol” and collapse in peals of laughter while locals look at us and wonder what’s wrong with us.

The Malaysian word for thank you is Terima Kasih. Perfectly pronounced as Teri Maa Ka C. It would be normal under circumstances where you were playing scrabble with a few friends and your mom joins in, drops a letter and your friend picks it up, looks at you and says “This is your Mother’s C” Teri Maa Ka C. However in this case, it was weird at first. Then we thoroughly enjoyed it and used it randomly, emphasizing on the first 3 syllables. They would burst into a big smile and say “Sawa Sawa” and both our days were made. “Gautam Pintu khol” NC opens door. “Terima Kasih” haha. More cheap thrills. Sigh. We’re so lame.

Anyways, We then get back to the hotel to drop off whatever knick knacks we’ve managed to buy so far. Speak to Ajmat, to realize that GTO, Nikhil and him have gone to Menara KL, the radio tower.
The 4 of us then catch a cab and go there. The taxi driver looks like a shaolin monk and his driving style is similar to the 36th Oil chamber.
We go to the hugely tall and most impressive Menara and right at the bottom we meet GTO and Nikhil, chugging on some shakes.

Buy tickets and get onto a ear poppingly quick elevator to the viewing base. This tower really really high, second only to the twin Petronas Towers. They offer us headphones and a machine, we politely refuse. Then we find out it’s free so we take it. Heh heh. And sitting right on top is our own M. AAM. (Ajmat)
It’s a stunning view. No pictures can do justice to the sights. KL is superbly engineered and most buildings look like they’re proving a point.

They have these OhmyGawd binoculars everywhere for our use and KK tries to get himself a free zoom lens. I don’t agree with his methods and voice my concern in the background.

In fact in my belief KK should have paid half the package price as most of the time he saw KL with one eye.

We take a few pics of ourselves next to the petronas towers. Nice.

Here’s Ajmat, happy to be there.

GTO and Nikhil

Maay hoon KP. Oh jee koi dikkat nahi.

And here’s one group sex.

Now we are ready for a shower and change. We descend and GTO gets us 2 cabs back to the hotel.

Here's Chillesh and coolesh in the cabride home.

We return to the hotel and I did some asking around, to find out about the plans for the evening out. I check with the pretty concierge and find out there is a street created for our evening. Called Jalan Ramlee. (Peals of laughter)
Right under the Petronas Towers, we are told. Later we find out, repeatedly that the Malaysian definition of a short walk is 30 minutes.
We retire to our rooms for a quick shower and in my case, a shave.

Continued...

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 10th April 2007 at 17:56.
Old 10th April 2007, 18:08   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont believe NC. Its not a PATCH on KF. UB Zindabaad!
Old 10th April 2007, 18:41   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Terima Kasih
hehehe that sounds like something Ishan would say very often.

awesome writeup Sam. keep it coming.
Old 10th April 2007, 18:58   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Captains Log, Stardate 6th April 2007, 1800 hours

We meet again in the lobby. Ask for Jalan Ramlee (peals of laughter, followed by a teri maa ka c, followed by peals of laughter) We’re directed to the monorail station and take a packed train to the KLCC. And I mean packed, like sardines in a can.
Step out of the subway and the most unexpected sight. We’re under the towers. And I mean under. We now forget everything and act like chimpanzees with cameras.

Now here are many pictures of all of us, in and around the foot of the towers. (I’m taking a pee break now)

One-Eye in the house!!!

We park our tired bums at the foot of the tower and sit and take in the sights. We simply cannot believe how huge and beautiful these steel towers are.

Here are some interesting cultural photos, taken by certain unnamed paparazzi.

Here is a photo of some cars. Since you guys like that sort of thing.

Jalan Rumlee turns out to be a mad party street with clubs on all sides, except the top which has the sky. We walk into the first club on our left called Rum Jungle. It’s Jungle Themed and the DJ plays 70’s rock for us. We order a bucket of Carlsberg and chill out for a bit.

The pied Piper of Brew-lin.

Every club we visit that night is decked with Formula One stuff. Champagne Mumm is everywhere and so are we.

I spend a moment to wonder where the rest are. Zak will arrive in the morning, Ishaans friends from delhi should have arrived earlier, but no trace. Neel and Mangesh are still doing their own thing. Nitinbhag and his better half haven’t arrived from Singapore. We excitedly chatter about tomorrow’s qualifying.

It is time to bounce and change clubs. We get up and move on towards a very long and interesting night.

End of Captain’s log. The time is 20.00, 6th april 2007.

Last edited by ajmat : 10th April 2007 at 22:26. Reason: issue with pic

Most Viewed