Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which date do you prefer?
July 7th 14 70.00%
July 14th. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 17:13   #136
Senior - BHPian

Man, you sound like you're talking about an all-day program.... ; I would suggest you meet in the evening on the road going towards Faridabad from the Genpac crossing (perhaps a few kms from the redlight), that should be a good place to check out the rides.

Head straight for Machaan or whatever thereafter......GD, how's this place, have you been there?

That should serve the multiple purposes of the meet as in - Meet, Gawk (at the rides), Talk, Quench thirst (QT), more Talk, Eat, QT, Eat, QT, QT....what say
Old 20th June 2007, 19:19   #137
Senior - BHPian

Oye Pappe, mark my attendance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
wakey wakey gentlemen... Its time for part II of our program. Many members have voiced their desire for this Saturday's meet to be held at Gurgaon. As you know, there hasnt been a single meet there till now. So, suggestions please... Whatsay?
Old 20th June 2007, 19:23   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Then drive to the highway go karting place (32nd milestone)
I think this place closed down long ago. We tried to arrange a meet here sometime back and either Khaadu or Suman told me that the Go-Karting place was no longer there.

Better check it up before you finalise.
Old 20th June 2007, 19:25   #139
Senior - BHPian

Suman, you & I both pass this place at least twice a day - once while heading for work and again while heading home.

I've seen on my return in the evening, a bevy of cars parked for QT as you say. But haven't gone in myself.

Why does Gunbir think of lugging us from one place to another. As I mentioned earlier, by the time you have QT session and move to another place for grubbing the whole 'nasha' vanishes.

The idea of chkng out rides on the FBD road and then proceeding to Machan for the finale seems a good idea.

You joining this time Suman? And Ishaan, Tanvir and others, are you listening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Man, you sound like you're talking about an all-day program.... ; I would suggest you meet in the evening on the road going towards Faridabad from the Genpac crossing (perhaps a few kms from the redlight), that should be a good place to check out the rides.

Head straight for Machaan or whatever thereafter......GD, how's this place, have you been there?

That should serve the multiple purposes of the meet as in - Meet, Gawk (at the rides), Talk, Quench thirst (QT), more Talk, Eat, QT, Eat, QT, QT....what say
Old 20th June 2007, 21:15   #140
BHPian

Guys been to Machan many times, Food is good and good ambience. We can buy drinks from the adjacent wine and beer shop(thekha). But guess will need to book, as it is always crowded and it will be little difficult to find place for too many people.

Any other suggestions gurgaon member, anyone seen that place???
Old 21st June 2007, 00:46   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I think this place closed down long ago. We tried to arrange a meet here sometime back and either Khaadu or Suman told me that the Go-Karting place was no longer there.

Better check it up before you finalise.
Actually, Horsepower was there a couple of days back and he says its still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Why does Gunbir think of lugging us from one place to another. As I mentioned earlier, by the time you have QT session and move to another place for grubbing the whole 'nasha' vanishes.
O Sirjee, lugging shugging with any of us is strictly no no. We all come from good families. OK, almost all. hehe.

Last edited by gunbir : 21st June 2007 at 00:50.
Old 21st June 2007, 01:08   #142
BHPian

I went there around a month ago and its open. Charges are like 150 Rs for 10 laps. Theres also bull riding and trampoline for those who want to go for more adventure.
Old 21st June 2007, 01:20   #143
BANNED

Hey. So make it simple -- meet at 32nd milestone , have a go at go karting if its still there and then head to Machaan for the rest of the eve .

Im in but shall be leaving early .... dependig on what time I join in :-) !!

Cheers
Old 21st June 2007, 08:44   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Not me buddy......in fact I took my kids to 32nd milestone a couple of months back. I'd told you about the place near the Delhi border, E-Zone or something. That's the one that had closed down.

Actually, I can't blame you for getting mixed up - involved in so many cities meets these days , how can one expect to remember ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
You joining this time Suman? And Ishaan, Tanvir and others, are you listening?
Well, if is at Machaan, I'm sure I can walk across for a drink if nothing else! I see the place everyday but like you, have never gone in

Last edited by suman : 21st June 2007 at 08:46.
Old 21st June 2007, 12:34   #145
Senior - BHPian

Roll Call

Ok, now let's mark the attendance:

Khaadu
Gunbir
Horsepower
Suman
gd1418
Low_Bass_Maker

Sorry if I've missed out on somebody...

Probables:

Ishaan...??
Tanveer.??

Any other names please...The date is set. Let us fast finalise the time and venue. As before, G Paaji is requested to take care of the bookings etc...
Old 21st June 2007, 12:36   #146
Senior - BHPian

Why do we have to buy the drinks from thekha? Does Machaan not serve 'rangeen fermented paani'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Guys been to Machan many times, Food is good and good ambience. We can buy drinks from the adjacent wine and beer shop(thekha). But guess will need to book, as it is always crowded and it will be little difficult to find place for too many people.

Any other suggestions gurgaon member, anyone seen that place???
Old 21st June 2007, 12:47   #147
BHPian

nah, they do not serve the rangeen fermented paani. We will have to buy our stock from the thekha.

Any other suggestion's people?

Last edited by horsepower : 21st June 2007 at 12:52.
Old 21st June 2007, 12:56   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
nah, they do not serve the rangeen fermented paani. We will have to buy our stock from the thekha.

Any other suggestion's people?
Then whats the point? I guess they don't have a liquor licence so the last thing I'd want is to find the local "with you for you always" raiding the place to make a quick buck......and spoiling our fun in the middle of the second or third peg
Old 21st June 2007, 13:11   #149
BHPian

Well you know it works in Gurgaon, they all claim to be legal drinking places, and have tieup with the local police and politician's.

I have even seen police gypsy picking up stuff from them.
Old 21st June 2007, 13:14   #150
BHPian

I have never heard of anything like this before. But cannot rule out the possibility. If you want we can go and check with the owner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks