Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 12:09   #376
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Just a simple thing, dont judge by cost to kmph ratio.
ha ha, I know. was just joking
Old 16th November 2007, 12:15   #377
Senior - BHPian

Some more trip notes.

While going to Santiniketan, Xeta kept complaining that he never got any rest. It was like this. He was doing a steady 100-110. The rest pulled away. And then after 30mins or so we stopped to wait for him. Xeta catches up, stops for a couple of minutes and we immediately say c'mon lets go ! Once we even waved him on, asking him not to stop. On the return journey, he implored please don't leave me behind. So there I was, doing 100-120 behind him for about a 100kms. Suddenly he pulls over and stops. We stop too. He comes over and says, I need a break. He was apparently dozing off at 120 !!!!

Zappo and I spotted a Honda (dark greyish) on the opposite lane. There's a huge divider between the lanes and we were at 140ish, so caught a glimpse of it. It seemed to be bigger than the Civic though and possibly had some cladding on the boot. We tried calling people behind us to watch out, but the network failed us. Zappo had a better look and his first reaction was .. looked like an Acura. Looked up the Acura site. Maybe it had some resemblance to the TL/TSX. Wonder what it was ....
Old 16th November 2007, 12:15   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ BP - nice video but why were you giggling? and why did you keep the window partly rolled down? i think the wind getting inside the car acts as resistance?? anyways the "kalimoti" is a hottie - a very nice piece of art - the same goes to "rupali tir" as well.
was not giggling, tried to show off that I am so happy driving at 175
the window was partly rolled down because I like the sound of the wind at high speeds
Old 16th November 2007, 13:21   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Zappo and I spotted a Honda (dark greyish) on the opposite lane. There's a huge divider between the lanes and we were at 140ish, so caught a glimpse of it. It seemed to be bigger than the Civic though and possibly had some cladding on the boot. We tried calling people behind us to watch out, but the network failed us. Zappo had a better look and his first reaction was .. looked like an Acura. Looked up the Acura site. Maybe it had some resemblance to the TL/TSX. Wonder what it was ....
Definitely was an Acura. Couldn't pick out the type. Was doing >140 at the time, so barely caught a glance. The badge was unmistakable though.
Old 16th November 2007, 22:00   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He was apparently dozing off at 120 !!!!
Doing steady speeds always have a doze off effect. I had long stopped using "cruise control". The secret is to keep on varying speeds, meaning you shoot upto 160 come back to 80 then maybe peak for some time at 350.
Old 16th November 2007, 22:17   #381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I myself was pretty surprised to see the rpm was only 5000. dont know what the speed would be at 6500 and above... will have to test it some day
A bigger engine would have shown much less rpm than that.

I'm little out of touch. Did you change your tyres or not? I'm asking because of the speed you did.
Old 16th November 2007, 22:47   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Some more trip notes.

While going to Santiniketan, Xeta kept complaining that he never got any rest. It was like this. He was doing a steady 100-110. The rest pulled away. And then after 30mins or so we stopped to wait for him. Xeta catches up, stops for a couple of minutes and we immediately say c'mon lets go ! Once we even waved him on, asking him not to stop. On the return journey, ....
There you are! Wasn't consistent 100-120 good enough for a first time highway trip for a one year old driver?
And beat this!! I was the only person who drove almost continuously for 2 hours. Give me one or two more trips guys. I promise to give all of you a run for your money (maybe).

I finally managed to get some time to transfer my photos to my computer. I will upload them today.
Old 16th November 2007, 22:50   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
A bigger engine would have shown much less rpm than that.
Rephrasing a little bit,

a bigger engine with a longer gearing (bigger engines are generally given longer gearing) should have show lesser rpm than that.

However bigger engine with same gearing (including the same wheel sizing) would give the same RPM for the same speed.
Old 16th November 2007, 23:14   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I'm little out of touch. Did you change your tyres or not? I'm asking because of the speed you did.
no he hasnt IIRC . but according to him - he will do it soon
Old 17th November 2007, 00:38   #385
Senior - BHPian

But please keep the 150-0 braking test suggestion in mind as regards the agenda of the next few meets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks