Motel Midway, Dhulagari 7 41.18%
Sanjha Chulha 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2008, 08:54   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Today marks the 5th month of my quit. Not a single puff in this period despite some serious cravings even now. Overnight cut it down to zero from 40. This is my second attempt. The first one lasted two days.
I don't think there were too many smokers among us and the few that were there were going out for their puff. In fact the area outside the AC room in SEP is quite nice for a quiet smoke. Shaded dalaan type with lots of trees.
I am surprised that the ban on public smoking has been so well accepted everywhere by everyone. Personally I thought it was pretty ridiculous.
As a matter of fact, had your arrival not been a delayed one, I doubt if you could have stuck to your resolve.

After having gotten ourselves drenched in the rain, waiting for the others to arrive, we finally chose the option of taking refuge in the sheltered bus stand opposite our meeting place. I won't say, what you could do there!!
Old 27th October 2008, 10:06   #152
Senior - BHPian

Huge turnout (by Kolkata standards). Nice meet. Wet meet is an understatement! My Octy wipers never had such a workout.

Quite a few new members were present. Welcome to Tbhp people.

@ Bonobashi - Why don't you get a semi for the next meet? We'll have fun mowing down some auto ricks!

@ 1100D - Welcome back to Kolkata. It was nice to see the best maintained 1100 after a long time.

@ Truck driver Singh - We need a longer off road jaunt please!!!

@ Zappo - This smoking ban is so damn stoopid!! How can we enjoy the daru without the dhuaa?? We had to leave our poor beers unattended quite a few times. Sorry dear beers.

So, Planet Rocker aka Saurya aka______ aka _______ aka _______ when is the next drive-meet?

P.S. Yesterday, I got a chance to properly test the PP2s in the wet. Bloody amazing they are!!
Old 27th October 2008, 10:31   #153
BHPian

Hi all! Indeed it was the biggest turnout for any Kolkata TBHP meet it seems. You guys had a great time. I was down with a nasty viral since last Wednesday, and unfortunately had to opt out of the show.
Excellent photographs, and welcome to the newer joinees.
Planet, please start planning the next one. I don't want to miss that one for sure.
Old 27th October 2008, 11:44   #154

Well dude, You know what? This is my 5th month of quitting drinking too (although i have never touched cigarettes in my whole life!). I used to drink like a fish before and to say that drinking 7 times a week is an understatement. Believe me (no offence intented), all you guys out there would have been overtaken by me if i would have started drinking. But i have quit it for better now and will never touch alchohol in my whole life for better. And it helps also. Qui smoking, Quit drinking and lets make a healthy Team Bhp and Healthy India. Cheers!
Old 27th October 2008, 12:34   #155
Senior - BHPian

Great to know that Raj. What you have done is really heroic. It's more heroic to quit than to beat others at drinking or smoking. I can understand the significance of the battle you have won.
Mitch - my friend who was there with me - was also like you and has quit. He drank just water yesterday at SEP. lol
Old 27th October 2008, 13:34   #156
Senior - BHPian

i was not talking to any lawyer - i have a bunch of them at home. i was trying to get through Shuvc.

How about a drive to Mandarmuni / Gadiara?
Old 27th October 2008, 13:48   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
P.S. Yesterday, I got a chance to properly test the PP2s in the wet. Bloody amazing they are!!
Good boy! Had fun eh??
Old 27th October 2008, 14:11   #158
Senior - BHPian

@ Planet - I have a 350 kms range. So, can't go very far. Why didn't you guys tell me about the planned diversion on the way to SeP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Good boy! Had fun eh??
You bet I had funcheers:. It felt as if the roads were totally dry!! Cornering and braking was perfect!!
Old 27th October 2008, 14:52   #159
Senior - BHPian

i told everyone that we will go for a photoshoot if it stops raining. but on the way back - i stopped near the DPS intersection and called it off. Shuvc, 1100D, Pushpak and Razor4077 went ahead for coffee at sector V.

SB's fart note was awesome.

our m800 is on sale - 16+ kpl within city - interested - all that she needs are: new tyres, paint job & engine overhaul. she rattles a lot - but that can be taken care off.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 27th October 2008 at 14:58.
Old 27th October 2008, 17:11   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i
our m800 is on sale - 16+ kpl within city - interested - all that she needs are: new tyres, paint job & engine overhaul. she rattles a lot - but that can be taken care off.
Hey I am interested
Old 27th October 2008, 17:14   #161
Senior - BHPian

jio kaka - take a dekho and we will arrange for the Sale & transfer order.

Welcome ....

let's get back to the topic - someone please plan for another meet. the lazy bug bit me last night. :(
Old 27th October 2008, 17:35   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Bonobashi - Why don't you get a semi for the next meet? We'll have fun mowing down some auto ricks!
Heh.

Let me work on it. Maybe I could work my way up - start with a 407, like.
Old 27th October 2008, 19:22   #163
BHPian

It seems you guys had a great meet and very nics pics too. Possibly the largest gathering so far. Feeling bad that I missed this and probably many more to come.
Seeing a lot of new members in the pics. Someone please identify the newer members.
Old 27th October 2008, 19:42   #164
BHPian

Tons of thanks to 1100D,Abhisheksircar and sabret00the for the wonderful pictorial narration of the BIGGEST KOLKATA TEAM-BHP MEET TILL DATE !!

Thanks to every member ( new and old ) who attended and made the meet a gala success.It was very very wet day and the planned photoshoot was cancelled but all of us had enjoyed upto our brim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post

How about a Drive to......??
Fantastic! Hats off to Planet for his indomitable spirit and organising prowess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
To rectify this, can we have a picnic next time???? The time is right, winter's around the corner. We could carry food and 'fuel' ... T-BHP Picnic ...
I second this vehemently! Can we try it in a baganbari in Dhulagor....it is more than 6 acres big,with a huge car park for all of us,with a big pond full of fish where we can swim if we want,and a nice bunglow-type 2-story house with refrigerator..and not very far away for our dear shuvd's Octy!! If people agree on this,then I can manage the baganbari for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
Personally I think the picture under my black umbrella is THE BEST PIC OF KOLKATA TEAM-BHP till date. I am sure I will have people to second that.
Absolutely vro(7)m! That is the best picture for the best meet till date.

PS:I met a very old school friend after almost 10 years through T-Bhp because of this meet!! I am indebted to T-Bhp.His nick is me_sid.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 27th October 2008 at 19:56.
Old 27th October 2008, 20:26   #165
BHPian

Wet n Cool meet

No new pictures,just captions:

1)Best meet,Best pic

2)Biggest meet in terms of attendees

3)Cheers to all including Team-Bhp

4)Convoy of Kolkata members led by me !

5)Line up of all member's rides

6)Me and Sudipto S-team

7)
Razor explaining the size of kebabs last time he went there!

8)Shuvd's shirt shows how WET the meet actually was

9)All members slow down because of a lumbering lorry

10)Some rides of some members

11)WET WET Expressway!

Attached Thumbnails
Kolkata Meet - October '08-best-meetbest-pic.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-biggest-kolkata-meet.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-cheers.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-convoy.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-line-up-members.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-me-n-sudipto-steam.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-razor-kebabs-big.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-shuvds-wet-shirt.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-slow-down.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-some-rides.jpg  

Kolkata Meet - October '08-wet-wet-expressway.jpg  

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 27th October 2008 at 20:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks