Sher-e-Punjab, Dumdum 8 47.06%
Sher-e-Punjab, Kolaghat/Uluberia 2 11.76%
Motel Midway, Dhulagari 7 41.18%
Sanjha Chulha 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 11:40   #181
Senior - BHPian

I had the Elantra CRDi between 2004 and 2007.
Old 28th October 2008, 12:02   #182
BHPian

@ Anirban da & Sudipto da : In that case even I'am to take blame for being late. Infact, I got Joseph, Raj & Vicky (my friend ie. the Santro guy) late aswell since they were accompanying me.

By the way it was a pleasure to meet both of you in person.
Old 28th October 2008, 12:27   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
@ Anirban da & Sudipto da : In that case even I'am to take blame for being late. Infact, I got Joseph, Raj & Vicky (my friend ie. the Santro guy) late aswell since they were accompanying me.

By the way it was a pleasure to meet both of you in person.
Arre Baba! It was a general statement not aimed at anyone in particular. We had a great meet, yet I pointed it out so that a few glitches could be ironed out.
Old 28th October 2008, 12:38   #184
Senior - BHPian

Tomay chhara nei Anirban-da
Old 28th October 2008, 14:30   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Dear Ultimatechamp-da, would you like another "du" to the suffix? If not, please drop the "da"!!

Sorry,I thought you were bit older than me Anirban.

@Razor : Whenever you say,we can arrange the winter picnic.The place belongs to my brother-in-law.Dhulagor is just beyond Alampur on the GQ,just before the toll plaza one needs to cross while going to Reliance A1 plaza.As Anirban said,its not at all very far off.

PS: I was very late too,as I had to take petrol and the pump was full of buses at that time.
Old 29th October 2008, 10:00   #186
BHPian

Wowwwwww , nice set of pics man, anirban and sabre kudos to you guys. Planet congrats for the arrangement. And talking bout waiting ehhh guys? I think I was the first to park my car next was Shuvd and then anirban, and then litres n litres of rain water, Wet meet? no it was god's own way of cleaning us up. enjoyed to the hilt and thanks to T-BHP I met one of my best friends ( ultimatechamp) after almost a decade. Bonobashi's experience of life on the roads also helped to keep the spirit high in the otherwise damp environment.

Lets arrange for a picnic guys, and sudipta has suggested with 3M.

@zappo yep man neither could we, pioson w/o fag , aint no poison at all, so we started multiple visits to the loo.
Old 29th October 2008, 10:39   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
@Razor : Whenever you say,we can arrange the winter picnic.The place belongs to my brother-in-law.Dhulagor is just beyond Alampur on the GQ,just before the toll plaza one needs to cross while going to Reliance A1 plaza.As Anirban said,its not at all very far off.

This really is a great idea. A picnic sort of outing on a sunny winter day would be just perfect... let's do this pronto.

Wim
Old 29th October 2008, 10:59   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few suggestions.

I guess the next meet onwards we will probably have to regulate the seating arrangements, so as to have more of the newer members at the center.
i guess that can be taken care off.

Quote:
A prior booking would now be a must.
this can be done provided we can fix the venue well ahead of time / date.

Quote:
One more aspect, would be to adhere to the meeting time. As it turned out, some of us were completely drenched awaiting the others, it was only after the wait seemed longer than we expected that we decided to move to the shelter.
don't have to point your finger at me - i have never come on time till date. but there is always next time
Old 29th October 2008, 12:22   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
This really is a great idea. A picnic sort of outing on a sunny winter day would be just perfect... let's do this pronto.

Wim
Thanks Wimwian
We can do this if all agrees pronto.I need a few days in advance because the baganbari in question sometimes gets booked priorly because of shooting schedule in winter.

Finger should be pointed to Planet_rocker for arranging this picnic as he has the most organising capability amongst all of us
Old 29th October 2008, 12:35   #190
BHPian

Hi 5 guys, the picnic fever catches fire, ty wim dhuno deowaar jooney and sourya for benevolently arranging for the place, it would be great, december lets target and start planning.. And next time guys coming late will be tabbed for 1 beer @15 minutes wait.
Old 29th October 2008, 12:44   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finger should be pointed to Planet_rocker for arranging this picnic as he has the most organising capability amongst all of us
Since you will have to talk to your brother about the baganbari - you will have to organize everything - dont worry i will help you out.

Dhulagari (not dhulagor) is roughly 27kms from Park Circus intersection.

Hopefully we will be able to see the Silk Revver (SR) next time. milege kitna deta hai? the owner needs to stop being lazy and update the "two" threads he started (long term ownership experience / details is still pending)

please start a new thread for the next meet.
Old 29th October 2008, 22:11   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Dhulagari (not dhulagor) is roughly 27kms from Park Circus intersection.
He is right. It is also known as Dhulagor. Recall "Dhulagor truck terminal". Both names are in vogue.

However isn't December too far.
Old 29th October 2008, 22:30   #193
BHPian

Quote:
He is right. It is also known as Dhulagor. Recall "Dhulagor truck terminal". Both names are in vogue.

However isn't December too far.
Exactly,it became famous after the Dhulagarh Truck terminus was built.I have been going to the baganbari from 2003 after my sis got married in that year.Her engagement was held in that place and around 300 people was easily accomodated at that time,it is soo big!

We can do the 'baganbari picnic' on a grand scale in december as we have the time to plan,meanwhile as Anirban has pointed out,we can plan another meet for november ,albeit in a new thread.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 29th October 2008 at 22:33.
Old 30th October 2008, 10:47   #194
BHPian

I am absolutely game for the Nic-Pic. My "Zhitta" will also be resurrected by that time. For the time being It needs a complete 4 Shocker change, Clutch Plate, Pressure Pad, Release bearing change, Front brakes change. So She's a bit down and growling everyday.

However, the "Nic-Pic" is definitely an excellent plan. Planet Saheb, please start doing the needful. Let us know for required support.

Also, as "ANIRBAN"-"DA" said, December is far away, why not plan a meet in November ?

How about the Kolaghat Sher-E-Punjab dhaba this time? Just a thought, though. Any other venue is welcome.

The best however can be another home meet like the one at Razor's place.

We can again have a rerun of the Vrooooooom "Tong Tong" show or the Raghav "You know what" show.
Old 30th October 2008, 10:53   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Wimwian
We can do this if all agrees pronto.I need a few days in advance because the baganbari in question sometimes gets booked priorly because of shooting schedule in winter.

Daktar babu, "KITNEY AADMI CHAHIYE?"
I suggest, lets go ahead and do the booking for a date first.

Lets plan a date, Planet any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks