Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 12:03   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
just received call from mobike.
he is at shetfal, between solapur and indapur. pretty fast drive.
will meet him at baramati @ 1:30-2 pm.
arey wah ashish now you and mobike can do a twin city meet( baramati and hyderabad)

dont worry about the rest of us being there ,as they say 'tu jaha jaha rahega mera saaya saath hoga' . mobike is equal to us 20 odd hyderabad members (in spirit and shape) lol.

btw : i have done the hyderabad pune stretch but didnt cross baramati yaar? just saw one turn saying baramati 35 kms on the nh9.

is he taking a de route or something. treat him with some 'ganna' juice dude clubbed with zunka bhakar.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:27   #182
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that Mobike is progressing well...thought i will give him a call in the evening.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:38   #183
BHPian

Adieu Temporarily

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post1304972
Old 15th May 2009, 14:14   #184
Senior - BHPian

Just came back after meeting Mobike couple.
After cruising 460km within 7 hours, he was at Baramati at 1:30 pm.
Had chatted for some time with juice presented by Mrs. Mobike.
Forgot to take my camera, took mobile pic but of poor quality.
Mrs. Mobike flashed camera for couple of pics.
After discussing about further route to Mahaby, he left toward Nira city at 1:45pm.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:36   #185
BHPian

I just love this fact about T-bhp! Ashish, kudos to you for being such a sport and meeting up with a traveling party. Things like these make a drive so much more pleasurable
Old 15th May 2009, 15:22   #186
Senior - BHPian

Did a test drive of the santro LPG in the morning(while TD done for WagonR yesterday night)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Tough question, Raj. Both are good cars. The Santro (not sure of lpg model) has better pick-up in lower gears, especially in city driving.
Due to traffic I could not go beyond 3rd gear for both the cars, since my intended use is only city. I didnt mind about full testing. I felt the santro had a better pulling power at lower rpms than WangonR. That may be due to erlx.

Quote:
The driver's seat is also better suited for long distance driving.
As I said, intended use is only city, I did not check in that aspect but I felt the WagonR sitting position is much better than the Santro for city driving.

Quote:
However, the Waggie has better ride quality (rear section especially), better brakes and a power steering that is better for city driving. It is also roomier, and has a larger boot space. It also has better headlights---Santro guys always drive on high-beam owing to poor headlights. A Waggie also has better bumpers---see how many Santro's have dented bumpers.
I agree on all the points.

Quote:
Per Indiacar, a Waggie has a better resale value.
Yes, I got similar views from many.

Now the decision time, I was offered 1.1L (+10k exchange bonus) for my 2003 Indica DLS V2 by the maruti dealer while the hyundai dealer offered 1.3L (+10k exchange bonus). Both these dealers are within 250 m from my residence (Yes its 250 'meters'). I will try from other dealers today. Lets see if they can give better price. Had the Maruti guys gave the same deal as the hyundai I would have gone for the WagonR by now, as I am more inclined towards the WagonR.

Quote:
One unique feature that tilted the favour for a Waggie when I wanted to buy one was the reclining rear seats in a Waggie. They could also be folded (one or both) to accomodate larger luggage. I am not sure if that feature exists in recent models.
You are right that feature is no longer available, when WagonR pictured in my list of probable cars, I was excited about this feature. I thought this will provide relaxing position to my parents one of whom will be sitting in the rear once in a while. Now I should look at changing back to that configuration if possible though on later date.

Another thing I would want to go for is tyre upgradation, may be to 155 x 65 or 165 x 60 Michelin XM1. How about 160 x 65?? Anyways I will take the tyre upgrade issue to the tyre thread.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:47   #187
Senior - BHPian

@kkr2k2
Why don't you start a new thread in the "What Car??" section. Im sure you'll get lots more advice n all there.
Old 15th May 2009, 16:23   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
@kkr2k2
Why don't you start a new thread in the "What Car??" section. Im sure you'll get lots more advice n all there.
I know, but the hyd CUG knows me personally. The replies would be much to the point else the confusion tends to infinity whenever you post a query in team-bhp.

Anyways, I have come to a conclusion on the car purchase. So no more OTs from my side on the car issue. Also I shall take up the tyre issue with the ishan tyre-wallah and the co.
Old 15th May 2009, 16:34   #189
Senior - BHPian

Karthik is very right...Raj you should know where to raise your questions in T-BHP,after all you are an old pro.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:17   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Did a test drive of the santro LPG in the morning(while TD done for WagonR yesterday night)

Due to traffic I could not go beyond 3rd gear for both the cars, since my intended use is only city. I didnt mind about full testing. I felt the santro had a better pulling power at lower rpms than WangonR. That may be due to erlx.

As I said, intended use is only city, I did not check in that aspect but I felt the WagonR sitting position is much better than the Santro for city driving.

I agree on all the points.

Yes, I got similar views from many.

Now the decision time, I was offered 1.1L (+10k exchange bonus) for my 2003 Indica DLS V2 by the maruti dealer while the hyundai dealer offered 1.3L (+10k exchange bonus). Both these dealers are within 250 m from my residence (Yes its 250 'meters'). I will try from other dealers today. Lets see if they can give better price. Had the Maruti guys gave the same deal as the hyundai I would have gone for the WagonR by now, as I am more inclined towards the WagonR.

You are right that feature is no longer available, when WagonR pictured in my list of probable cars, I was excited about this feature. I thought this will provide relaxing position to my parents one of whom will be sitting in the rear once in a while. Now I should look at changing back to that configuration if possible though on later date.

Another thing I would want to go for is tyre upgradation, may be to 155 x 65 or 165 x 60 Michelin XM1. How about 160 x 65?? Anyways I will take the tyre upgrade issue to the tyre thread.
Raj, I suggest you try with Saboo Motors on Raj Bhawan road or Varun Motors at Begumpet---Saboo has the best reputation.

Since you primarily intend to use the car for city driving, why do you want to upgrade the tyres? The stock tyres are more than adequate for city driving. My stock Bridgestones lasted me for 47 K kms, and I changed them last year to BS tubeless with the same profile.
Anyway, it is your call.
One thing you gotta be prepared for in either car is that neither will be as roomy as an Indica.
Old 16th May 2009, 20:39   #191
BHPian

Phew , now that there are no more vehicle related queries on the meet thread , whats the update on the 22nd meet ?
Old 16th May 2009, 21:05   #192
Senior - BHPian

@absynth: Is it still in fk ?
Old 16th May 2009, 21:09   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
@absynth: Is it still in fk ?
Eh.. we have a venue change??

BTW, what time is the meet? Ill only make it at around 7-8pm. Do put up the location the FK so that i can come there directly in case you guys meet up earlier.
Old 16th May 2009, 23:41   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Eh.. we have a venue change??

BTW, what time is the meet? Ill only make it at around 7-8pm. Do put up the location the FK so that i can come there directly in case you guys meet up earlier.
don't worry karthik , In Hyderabad Subah means 11AM , so you can guess what Shaam means. Nothing kicks off prior to 8PM!

Bob Marley, the venue aint changed.You'd be the first to be told so coz we've really missed you

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 16th May 2009 at 23:42.
Old 17th May 2009, 12:34   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Bob Marley, the venue aint changed.You'd be the first to be told so coz we've really missed you
LOL good to know.

Did anyone call and confirm if they still have the same the food and beverages for 500bucks ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks