Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 17:17   #3406
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet - Breakfast Meet & Drive: Sunday 30th Nov 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Morning Drive to Lavasa 7:30 am, 15/02/2014

Lets keep the meeting point at Lower CCD on paud road before Chandni chowk?

Agreed and Agreed. 7:30am tomorrow at the CCD at Chandni Chowk.
Old 14th February 2014, 19:31   #3407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I will make it for meet if I manage to get up in time.
I can give you a ring if you like.

See you guys tomorrow morning.
Old 14th February 2014, 20:30   #3408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
I can give you a ring if you like.
Sure, will try to reach in time.
Old 15th February 2014, 07:17   #3409
Senior - BHPian

Reached home from work at 2 am. In no mood to drive till CC
Have fun guys !
Old 15th February 2014, 07:45   #3410
BHPian

For all those participating in the drive today, I'm waiting opposite the CCD (the one opposite Apache Lounge / Banjara restaurant). Rejoycjohn is on his way. I have no communication from anyone else.

Last edited by noopster : 17th February 2014 at 16:30. Reason: Check your PM!
Old 15th February 2014, 17:12   #3411
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Next Tapri meet - UPDATE: Morning drive to Lavasa 15th Feb 2014

Thanks to all!
The meet as well as drive was superb. Hope to have a similar meet at a different location soon!
Attaching 2 pics that I had clicked while everyone was checking out etchemkay's gt tdi.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-imageuploadedbyteambhp1392464408.073048.jpg
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-imageuploadedbyteambhp1392464539.717179.jpg
Old 15th February 2014, 21:24   #3412
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to all!
The meet as well as drive was superb. Hope to have a similar meet at a different location soon!
Attaching 2 pics that I had clicked while everyone was checking out etchemkay's gt tdi.
It indeed was a very good meet. Was so nice to meet fellow enthusiasts. Looking forward to more such meets in the future.
Old 16th February 2014, 13:02   #3413
jdr
BHPian

I missed another team-bhp meet
I have subscribed to this thread, but I got an email notification right now. Guess I need to keep an eye on this thread.
But anyhoo, we'd planned a trip to Mahableshwar on 15th (office folk) and we took my new i20. The road was good and the trip was great fun. But no auto enthusiasts with me... (I talk about cars and no one listens).
Went to Lavasa last weekend. The road wasn't as much fun, one of my friends got car-sick. :-(
But please let's have another team-bhp meet soon... preferably before summer starts in earnest.
-jdr
Old 16th February 2014, 22:50   #3414
Senior - BHPian

Good to meet new folks & see different cars. We had 2 Polo GT TDi, a 320d and Laura TSI being a only petrol car. It was good that 'etchemkay' was able to come over to other CCD at chandani chowk, 'rejoycjohn' joined later and we left for Lavasa little after 8am.

By the time we reached Lavasa base, some of us were in need of food. Subway was closed, had to settle for CCD. Most of us were well informed about CCD menu & chose only those items which would allow us to concentrate on our talk, not food.

It was pleasant to have rejoycjohn with us & etchemkay reminded about his London-Mangolia trip. Rejoy shared some of his other travel incidents. Discussion topics kept changing from travels, mobile phones, Auto expo, service experiences et al. Later, most of us had a dekho of each car & discussions about current/planned modifications.
I fiddled with HU settings in etchemkay's Gulabbo, let's meet again once speakers have run-in.

I had a good ride in the_skyliner's 320d & rejoy's GT TDi.

Mystery of meet: How a car that started 3rd from Lavasa parking ended up being first to reach chandani chowk without ever overtaking first 2 cars?

Next drive meet destination should be either Maby/Lonavala on a sunday, enough of Lavasa now.
Old 17th February 2014, 00:17   #3415
BHPian

Quote:
Good to meet new folks & see different cars. We had 2 Polo GT TDi, a 320d and Laura TSI being a only petrol car. It was good that 'etchemkay' was able to come over to other CCD at chandani chowk, 'rejoycjohn' joined later and we left for Lavasa little after 8am.
That morning, I actually bumped into some colleagues from work who had plans to ride to Sinhagad - and they had decided to meet up at the "CDD at Chandni Chowk" too. It was one of them who was waiting at the Paud Road side CCD mistakenly while others were waiting at the one opposite Banjara Hills restaurant. They communicated over the phone and clarified which exact CCD to get to. That's how and when I figured out that maybe the rest of the TBHP gang may be waiting at the other one. It was quite coincidental and funny actually. Glad I made it in time to the right meeting place though.

Quote:
By the time we reached Lavasa base, some of us were in need of food. Subway was closed, had to settle for CCD. Most of us were well informed about CCD menu & chose only those items which would allow us to concentrate on our talk, not food.

It was pleasant to have rejoycjohn with us & etchemkay reminded about his London-Mangolia trip. Rejoy shared some of his other travel incidents. Discussion topics kept changing from travels, mobile phones, Auto expo, service experiences et al. Later, most of us had a dekho of each car & discussions about current/planned modifications.
I fiddled with HU settings in etchemkay's Gulabbo, let's meet again once speakers have run-in.
Guess what, I realized later that day that the front-right speaker was not working. Went to Car Cupid and they opened 'er up and found that one of the speaker wires had come off.
Thanks for the tips about the speaker running period, TA and other features of my JVC 900BT etc. Much appreciated. After fixing the speaker wiring and some subsequent TA tuning, I've started to get the feeling the Dotech Ovations are opening up already. Loving it.
Looking forward to meeting up later with you and fine-tuning the system. Thanks.

Quote:

Mystery of meet: How a car that started 3rd from Lavasa parking ended up being first to reach chandani chowk without ever overtaking first 2 cars?

Next drive meet destination should be either Maby/Lonavala on a sunday, enough of Lavasa now.
That was a hilarious mystery indeed! Agreed about the change in destination. Amby Valley would be a good drive.

Rejoy's GT got a lot of well-deserved admiration. Those S-Drives looked delicious. Would like to take it around some twisties to experience the effect of that extra 10mm tread all around. Hopefully next time.
Old 17th February 2014, 01:03   #3416
BHPian

Hey guys we really had a great time. It was great to meet all the teambhp members. Had a good chat and everybody shared their experiances about the rides made so far.
Yokohama s drives looks too good on the polo gt tdi! Cheers rejoy bro.
One thing i realized that i seriously need to upgrade the rubber on my laura tsi.
Any suggestions? Without changing the 15inch rims.

Attaching some pics i clicked.
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-1392579360585.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th February 2014 at 08:47. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-Quote feature instead of typing one post after another withing 30 minutes
Old 17th February 2014, 10:15   #3417
BHPian

Perfect way of spending Saturday morning - a long drive and a TBHP meet!

Had a great time talking with fellow petrol-heads. Look forward to next meet with even more attendance and longer drive. Loved the idea of Mabhy drive from sukiwa.

Some pictures from my side:

rejoycjohn sharing his UK-Mongolia mammoth trip experience:
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_1205-1280x720.jpg

rejoycjohn explaining how he dozed off while driving on a straight stretch of road in east Europe:
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_1206-1280x720.jpg

asit.kulkarni93 sharing his frustration on vandalism :
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_1207-1280x720.jpg

etchemkay searching for a photographer for a group photo:
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_1208-1280x720.jpg

Finally he found one (a good looking lady with a DSLR heavier than herself ):
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_1209-1280x720.jpg

etchemkay's GT's ICE setup:
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_1211-1280x720.jpg
Old 17th February 2014, 11:55   #3418
BHPian

Quote:
seems like a very good meet/drive guys.

I really hope I can make the next drive/ride...I wanted to come but just could not wake up after being up most of the night and only getting proper sleep from 4am (thanks to a 1+ yr old with teething trouble)

Thanks sukiwa for calling/waiting for me, but just couldn't make it quickly enough. I do not like driving alone (unless I need to) so did not catch you up later on.
Hopefully the next meet will be soon.
Old 17th February 2014, 12:07   #3419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
seems like a very good meet/drive guys.

I really hope I can make the next drive/ride...I wanted to come but just could not wake up after being up most of the night and only getting proper sleep from 4am (thanks to a 1+ yr old with teething trouble)
We are sailing in the same boat. Teething trouble of my kid is also keeping me awake at nights but then TBHP meet is something I hate to miss.

Hope to see you at the next meet.

@sukiwa, you need to chalk out the Mabhy plan because lot of folks are showing interest in it!
Old 17th February 2014, 14:13   #3420
BHPian

So as many described here we had a really good meet and a drive to Lavasa. It was one of the first T Bhp meets for me and as expected it was really good. When people of similar interest meet, you needn't really search topics for conversation. You become the part of the group really fast. Chit chats, checking out each others cars, whats good and whats not in the new cars - there are just so much to talk about.

Hey Etchemkay, Thank you so much for sharing your number and guiding me to the meeting point. If you hadn't given me the details and the PM I would not have even known about this.

Quote:
Thanks to all!
It was nice meeting you Asit.
Thank you for sharing the pics. First time I saw another GT TDi in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr View Post
But anyhoo, we'd planned a trip to Mahableshwar on 15th (office folk) and we took my new i20. The road was good and the trip was great fun. But no auto enthusiasts with me... (I talk about cars and no one listens).
Went to Lavasa last weekend. The road wasn't as much fun, one of my friends got car-sick. :-(
But please let's have another team-bhp meet soon... preferably before summer starts in earnest.
-jdr
Yes indeed we need to plan one more as many mentioned here. May be we can drive a bit more longer to say a destination like Lonavala? Or may be some other interesting one ?

Quote:

It was pleasant to have rejoycjohn with us & etchemkay reminded about his London-Mangolia trip. Rejoy shared some of his other travel incidents.

Sukiwa, it was such a pleasure meeting and having discussions with you on our way back. Thanks for listening out my travel experiences. Honestly its really hard for me to not talk about it - I need a deaddiction pill may be.
I am sure in the next meet we will be able to see your ride and possibly a longer drive.
Well that was really mystery one of its kinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post

Guess what, I realized later that day that the front-right speaker was not working. Went to Car Cupid and they opened 'er up and found that one of the speaker wires had come off.
Thanks for the tips about the speaker running period, TA and other features of my JVC 900BT etc. Much appreciated. After fixing the speaker wiring and some subsequent TA tuning, I've started to get the feeling the Dotech Ovations are opening up already. Loving it.
Looking forward to meeting up later with you and fine-tuning the system. Thanks.

Rejoy's GT got a lot of well-deserved admiration. Those S-Drives looked delicious. Would like to take it around some twisties to experience the effect of that extra 10mm tread all around. Hopefully next time.
We will be really looking forward to listen to the ICE set up next time and enjoy the whole set up truly and completely.
Thank you so much for those nice words for my tyre upgrade. Yes Indeed a good twisted road with less traffic be a place to test the handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKODA_RS View Post
Hey guys we really had a great time. It was great to meet all the teambhp members. Had a good chat and everybody shared their experiances about the rides made so far.
Yokohama s drives looks too good on the polo gt tdi! Cheers rejoy bro.
One thing i realized that i seriously need to upgrade the rubber on my laura tsi.
Any suggestions? Without changing the 15inch rims.

Attaching some pics i clicked.
Hey Skoda_Rs, thank you for your comments. Heard it gets noisy after 10,000 Km, Need to wait and see how the tyres react after that. But for a 1.6 TDi engine, which itself is noisy I hope I wont hear that much of a tyre noise.
Skoda Tsi stock run on 195 / 60 R15 ? May be the stock size can give us an idea on what would be the ideal upsize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Perfect way of spending Saturday morning - a long drive and a TBHP meet!

Had a great time talking with fellow petrol-heads. Look forward to next meet with even more attendance and longer drive. Loved the idea of Mabhy drive from sukiwa.

Some pictures from my side:
Oh yea indeed the perfect way to spend a Saturday morning. Your ride looks absolutely fantastic, well I dont think anyone should mention how good a 320 D sport look anyway. May be a Jopasu duster a bit of detailing can remove the swirls and I am sure your ride will look gleaming on the roads.

I had a couple of photos, but I think others have already covered most of drive. Special thanks to Skyliner for grabbing most of the moments with his phone camera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks