Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 23:52   #16
BHPian

re: Dubai Team-BHP meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I will have to opt out if the meet is this Saturday - 04/04/2015 (morning). I will be free after 3 though. Also, I am going to India on 17/04/2015 for two weeks.

In case I can meet, I am hoping we have a decent drive as well (apart from good food!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by prithviq8 View Post
I down for the meet on any day. Location wise I'm not sure, most people I see here gather either in sheisha cafe's or outside tea shops late in the evening. I'd prefer the latter though. Hoping for a meet soon!
I am out if it's on Saturday. I am one of those unfortunate guys working 6 full working days a week. Anything on Friday would be much appreciated.

In the chat group, a suggestion for venue was Bikers Cafe at Al-Quoz. What do you guys think?
Old 2nd April 2015, 00:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
I am out if it's on Saturday. I am one of those unfortunate guys working 6 full working days a week. Anything on Friday would be much appreciated.

In the chat group, a suggestion for venue was Bikers Cafe at Al-Quoz. What do you guys think?
Isn't bikers cafe in JBR? The one in Al-Quoz is called cafe rider. Perhaps a more pocket friendly place? Student allowance you see.
Old 5th April 2015, 09:53   #18
BHPian

I'm in for the next meet...my first one in Dubai
Old 6th April 2015, 02:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilb View Post
I'm in for the next meet...my first one in Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I will have to opt out if the meet is this Saturday - 04/04/2015 (morning). I will be free after 3 though. Also, I am going to India on 17/04/2015 for two weeks.

In case I can meet, I am hoping we have a decent drive as well (apart from good food!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar.runs View Post
Weather is still good. The temperature is expected to rise in the coming weeks. Lets do this in April itself. I suggest that we contact the members whom we know personally so that they are aware.

Any suggestion on the location and the date? Fridays are 3, 10, 17 & 24 in April. I don't mind meeting on a Saturday as well.
Quote:

Since we are already 5 members, why not have a meet on the 10th of this month at a mutual location? Since the Dubai meet is barely active, me might as well have a sort of mini meet to jump start the Dubai thread. What say guys?
Old 6th April 2015, 10:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't bikers cafe in JBR? The one in Al-Quoz is called cafe rider. Perhaps a more pocket friendly place? Student allowance you see.
Yeah, Cafe rider. That's more pocket friendly.

Quote:
Since we are already 5 members, why not have a meet on the 10th of this month at a mutual location? Since the Dubai meet is barely active, me might as well have a sort of mini meet to jump start the Dubai thread. What say guys?

I am in for 10th April. Not much to do on 10th, but will be busy on 17th though. Just let me know the time and plan. Or should I also enter the organizing committee ?
Old 6th April 2015, 11:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Guys, I will have to opt out as I will be in Fujairah for a Fishing Tournament. The plan is to fish all day, starting from 6 AM to 4 PM. If that plan is cancelled, I will definitely attend.
Old 6th April 2015, 11:26   #22
BHPian

Guys I would also like to meet up once we finalise the venue and date .
Old 7th April 2015, 11:35   #23
BHPian

Hi Mates, I jumped at this subscription thread as soon as I saw it in my inbox. It's been a while alright since the last meet. I estimate we were about 10 odd members who met at a coffee shop last time on a Friday. I am game for a Friday (since that's my day off) and any place on popular consent. How about the Autodrome Mates

Cherio
Champion
Old 7th April 2015, 15:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, Cafe rider. That's more pocket friendly.

I am in for 10th April. Not much to do on 10th, but will be busy on 17th though. Just let me know the time and plan. Or should I also enter the organizing committee ?
You are now in the organizing committee! (If there is one)

Quote:
Sorry Guys, I will have to opt out as I will be in Fujairah for a Fishing Tournament. The plan is to fish all day, starting from 6 AM to 4 PM. If that plan is cancelled, I will definitely attend.
Good luck for the tournament!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
Hi Mates, I jumped at this subscription thread as soon as I saw it in my inbox. It's been a while alright since the last meet. I estimate we were about 10 odd members who met at a coffee shop last time on a Friday. I am game for a Friday (since that's my day off) and any place on popular consent. How about the Autodrome Mates

Cherio
Champion
How about we go karting to Emirates Karting Center @Jebel Ali. Not a lot of people know about this track but it's pretty good and its 50aed for 15mins.
If we are looking at a casual meet, then maybe meet at 2nd December street @ Satwa (formerly known as Diyafah), there is a tea shop and is extremely popular. We can meet maybe post / pre dinner. Let me know your inputs guys. Hope this meet works out.
Old 7th April 2015, 17:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
How about we go karting to Emirates Karting Center @Jebel Ali. Not a lot of people know about this track but it's pretty good and its 50aed for 15mins.
If we are looking at a casual meet, then maybe meet at 2nd December street @ Satwa (formerly known as Diyafah), there is a tea shop and is extremely popular. We can meet maybe post / pre dinner. Let me know your inputs guys. Hope this meet works out.
with only so few members, me think everyone should be in the organizing committee am game for any venue. even weekdays, post work also can be organised, if required.
Old 7th April 2015, 23:23   #26
BHPian

Just bumped into this thread. I'm in for Friday if there is a meet.

Teashop at Satwa is the usual meeting point for our riding group after city rides. I would prefer that place if its late in the night.

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 7th April 2015 at 23:26.
Old 8th April 2015, 01:07   #27
BHPian

Since it is pretty hot in the day, I propose a meet at the teashop in Satwa at around 10pm on Friday (10/4/15). Ample parking, good tea and a good place to relax and talk. Pour in your thoughts guys.
Old 8th April 2015, 12:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Jag,

We will do a late evening meet, something like dinner meet or pre-dinner meet. I hope you can join us in that case. We are even talking about 10 PM which is quite late, and you can easily come for that right?

Quote:
We must try and pull out something on this 10th if possible. On 17th, Raj is away and I will be caught up till the evening. Other's will be busy irrespective of whichever weekend we are talking about

Quote:

Cherio
Champion
Great! Will be a pleasure to meet you. Hopefully we will meet this weekend. I hope it's not too late to plan 48 hrs in advance.

Quote:
with only so few members, me think everyone should be in the organizing committee am game for any venue. even weekdays, post work also can be organised, if required.
Everyone can be in organising committee as you said. Weekdays seem very hard, but on an odd day if there is attendance I can leave work a bit early and meet up for something fun like Karting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post

Teashop at Satwa is the usual meeting point for our riding group after city rides. I would prefer that place if its late in the night.
Quote:
Since it is pretty hot in the day, I propose a meet at the teashop in Satwa at around 10pm on Friday (10/4/15). Ample parking, good tea and a good place to relax and talk. Pour in your thoughts guys.
Quote:
Guys, inbox me your numbers. What do you think about taking this discussion to Whatsapp, in case if someone is away from bhp he (read me) might miss out on updates. Let's try and do an economy (or whatever) meet this weekend.
Old 8th April 2015, 13:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Mates, I jumped at this subscription thread as soon as I saw it in my inbox. It's been a while alright since the last meet. I estimate we were about 10 odd members who met at a coffee shop last time on a Friday. I am game for a Friday (since that's my day off) and any place on popular consent. How about the Autodrome
Cherio
Champion
Quote:
You are now in the organizing committee! (If there is one)

Good luck for the tournament!

Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post

Quote:
Jag,

We will do a late evening meet, something like dinner meet or pre-dinner meet. I hope you can join us in that case. We are even talking about 10 PM which is quite late, and you can easily come for that right?

Guys, inbox me your numbers. What do you think about taking this discussion to Whatsapp, in case if someone is away from bhp he (read me) might miss out on updates. Let's try and do an economy (or whatever) meet this weekend.
I am game for the coming Friday (10th April) if the meet is by late evening. One of the ideas bumped in the Whatsapp group was to meet at Festival City and then drive to International City for dinner. Festival City idea came up as it is easily accessible via Al Khail road, by SZR & by SMBZR and they have plenty of empty parking lots on a Friday. Raj has promised to guide us to a nice Punjabi joint for Dinner at International City. One of the identified points was the parking lot in front of Marsa Plaza (25.230924, 55.346723) right beside the Creek. I suggest that everyone inbox Anoop (voyageur) with their mobile numbers so that he can add the numbers in the Whatsapp group.
Old 8th April 2015, 13:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Looks like this meet is really gonna happen!

I am in for this weekend and seems like Friday is the popular choice. Fine with me as even if I have to stay till late, I dont have to go for work on Saturday.

Regarding the location, we need to decide one soon as three locations have come up at the moment -
  • Teashop at Satwa
  • Cafe Rider
  • Festival city

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks