Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 12:54   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
But, as you have also acknowledged the fact that "customer vehicles do not go the distance", why this mismatch between a test vehicle and a vehicle delivered to a customer. What I am interested in knowing, rather than the names and acronyms of your tests, how you test, what you test, where you test, how fast you go etc.

Cheers,
Vikram
Dear Vikram - ref my words "customer vehicles do not go the distance" in your quote above, what I meant was "customers don't actually drive a vehicle for 3,50,000 kms". I cannot share the information of "how I test, what I test, where I test, how fast do I go", as it is obviously classified information. Which manufacturer will give you this information? Nobody! You must understand that classified information remains classified, no matter what happens. I trust that you will appreciate.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 18th May 2011, 18:12   #47
NFS
BHPian

It is getting scary day after day for me. Just a month old vehicle got the OIL Pressure warning and I was stuck. The ASC found it to be a problem with OIL pump (after 8hours of diagnosis). After the diagnosis, Mahindra made me wait for 48hrs before the part arrived and my vehicle was road worthy.

read more: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2309577

During this time - Dealer asked me to continue my trip, which I did not do (luckily). The next day at the ASC, the first question asked by the mechanic is, did you drive the vehicle for long after this warning? NO, why? Engine could have ceased! comes his reply. Thank god.

It was the same Regional Manager, who took the issue with some importance and got me out of my agony. The Area Manager asked me (sarcastically) "What the heck do you want now" when I was crying for attention.

Scary this is! truly.

Last edited by NFS : 18th May 2011 at 18:15. Reason: added link to my detailed problem
Old 18th May 2011, 18:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
I cannot share the information of "how I test, what I test, where I test, how fast do I go", as it is obviously classified information. Which manufacturer will give you this information? Nobody! You must understand that classified information remains classified, no matter what happens.
Dear Behram Dhabhar Sir,

I request you to read my post in it's entirety and understand it clearly. In a nutshell, member "aviorp" has expressed very succinctly what I wanted to convey, in his post quoted below:

Quote:
I really don't care, what different parts, when compiled together, makes a car. Since I paid over a million bucks. However, if something does go wrong (in this case the clutch) I would like to know the reason why it failed.
Similarly, what I meant was I am not at all interested in how you test, what you test, where you test, how fast do you go etc. So, even if you share this so called classified top secret info, I won't waste my time reading it. However, what I am interested in is what M&M is doing to address this rather obvious weak area in the Scorpio [particularly the mHawk variant] that is being discussed in this thread. However, judging by the replies I've read till now, I think I might as well wish for the moon.

This is my last post on this subject in this thread. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply to our posts.

Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 18th May 2011 at 18:59.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 19:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

Similarly, what I meant was I am not at all interested in how you test, what you test, where you test, how fast do you go etc.
+1. No customer takes the vehicle thinking all those points. It just that the vehicle should be hassle free and even if there is some fault it is then manufacturers responsibility to correct it with least trouble to the customers, which is not the case.

No matter how many tests a vehicle passes and how long a part survives in TEST conditions, if it fails in PRACTICAL (any MANGO man owing it) environment (which is their customer driving who paid for it!) then the system must have either some flaws or there is lack of QC while assembling. If the companies don't care about customer troubles then why they are selling vehicles and whom do they think they will sell the vehicle if these so called their 'vehicle users' or about tobe users refuse to buy their product? Nothing against anyone or any company, just expressed my thoughts.

One should accept his\her mistakes be it a company, man or anyone. Wrong is wrong no matter if one gives 1Lacs of excuses. (No one specific is pointed out here)

Last edited by mercedised : 18th May 2011 at 19:14.
mercedised is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 02:18   #50

You don't get the rock-solid reliability of a Toyota if you don't keep improving. And people would like to know what's being improved in this case too.

It is fine to describe the testing strategy to calm the fears among existing and potential customers, but it is also prudent to convey what, if any, action is taken to rectify the original cause of the problem in question.

Even Steve Jobs has replied to individual consumers over an issue that some aren't even convinced, that it exists (refering to iPhone antenna issue).

Profits = good product + good customer care.
Old 19th May 2011, 17:53   #51
BHPian

Friends,
I ran in to the same slave cylinder problem at 18K Kms. It was such a painful experience and I had to escalate this all the way to Mr. Goanka, with the help of a few TBHP friends. I'm at 13K Kms now and I'm suspecting something is wrong again. Will get a detailed check up done tomorrow.
Old 19th May 2011, 18:11   #52
BANNED

Dear friends,
My scorpio VLX was delvd on 31st March 2011 and did @ 4200kms.i am hearing this clutch slave cylinder failuer cases from many people number of times.Right now all is fine.Will right in this thread again , if failed...I feels like im carrying a ticking bomb.. Noted M&M help line and all my contact num refreshed in the glow box to help in distress.
Old 19th May 2011, 18:17   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Noted M&M help line and all my contact num refreshed in the glow box to help in distress.
No need to do that, the Scorpio's key has helpline number mentioned on it.
Old 20th May 2011, 01:18   #54
BHPian

Sad that such a critical component is passed on to the consumer without adequate quality assurance and then our Indian Manufacturers expect us to buy their vehicles. I wish they could try doing this in the US where poor Toyota had to recall millions for just a faulty floor mat
Shame.
Old 20th May 2011, 07:12   #55
BHPian

Finally, got the car last night and following are the parts replaced.

1. Clutch driven plate : 6466.46
2. Clutch cover Assy SC-Vlx : 2269.81
3. Ball Bearing Crakshaft : 91.62
4. Concentric Slave Cy : 2741
5. Fly Wheel -85KW LXCRDI : 3504.50
6. Gear shift Grommet : 150.87
7. Clutch overhaul : 2815.00 (FOC)
Total : 17680 (after tax)

After having a conversation with the manager, he waived the labour cost for the clutch overhaul. Below are the pictures of the defective parts.

Experts, could you please help me identify these parts.

Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down-dscn9432optimized.jpg

Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down-dscn9433optimized.jpg

Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down-dscn9434optimized.jpg

Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down-dscn9436optimized.jpg

Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down-dscn9437optimized.jpg

Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down-dscn9439optimized.jpg

Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down-dscn9441optimized.jpg

Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down-dscn9442optimized.jpg
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:17   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Friends,
I ran in to the same slave cylinder problem at 18K Kms. I'm at 13K Kms now and I'm suspecting something is wrong again.
This is the exact reason why I sold off my scorpio in just 40K Kms, changed the entire clutch assembly twice - once in 15K kms and another at 28K kms, after every 10K kms of changing the assembly the entire clutch was very hard to use - so much so that I had my left knee in deep pain everytime I drove the vehicle.
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:41   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Parts identification along with your bill

1. Clutch driven plate : 6466.46
Attachment 548099
Attachment 548100
Attachment 548101
Attachment 548102

2. Clutch cover Assy SC-Vlx : 2269.81
Attachment 548103

3. Ball Bearing Crakshaft : 91.62
Attachment 548097
Attachment 548098

4. Concentric Slave Cy : 2741

5. Fly Wheel -85KW LXCRDI : 3504.50
Attachment 548104

6. Gear shift Grommet : 150.87
Part of #3 above

Hope that helps.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:12   #58
BHPian

May be bit off topic but will give an overall Mahindra’s quality picture:-

Does the over confidence bring down the quality of Mahindra Products? I think so, my one and half year Mahindra Bolero storm is showing solid rusting and it may end up in a body shell change. 25 years back my father took his ambassador car straight away to work shop from the dealer for a better body welding to avoid the rattles which was quite obvious for the new cars within 6 months – and that company is nowhere in the Indian scene now - Hope the same will not get repeated by Mahindra-
Old 24th May 2011, 08:03   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
I cannot share the information of "how I test, what I test, where I test, how fast do I go"
This information doesn't really matter to us. What matters is the fact that M&M quality has been continuously degrading over the years which has resulted in its products becoming prone to on road breakdowns.

So like someone else said, your test vehicles either have better parts than those sold to us or your tests however exhaustive do not effectively simulate real world usage and wear and tear conditions. Period.
Old 24th May 2011, 08:22   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear n devdath - your point is well taken. I have sent the following message to the concerned people.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Dear all – customer verbatim from same topic posted on the internet at 0801 hrs today is copied and pasted below for your ready reference. We are getting bad name. Request to please take care.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks