Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 11:11   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Where did you buy them in Singapore? I can buy them when i go there next year.
I got the whole lot from :

Carrefour Suntec City
3 Temasek Boulevard
Suntec City Mall #01-199
Singapore 038983

They didn't have the ScratchX2.0, so I had to settle for the old one. But they had just about everything else.

Prices are a bit steep though. Not as bad as Indian MRPs, but higher than what you'd get them for in the US f.ex.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:51   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
i bought a bosch aquatek...i am blown with this product...it has made my washing of our cars easier..no need to wait for hours at the washing centers...no need to keep giving instruction to these guys to wash here and there ..i am very happy :-)

i am getting both waterless & the liquid wax shipped today...want to try on the cars this weekend.

will let you know on the results.
May we know the model and cost of Bosch Aquatak?
Also the link to the store from where you bought the wax.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:40   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
have anyone tried these opn their cars?.

i clicked the pics when i went to 3M for paint protection for my linea. ( pics here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-pg42-44.html).

Is it advisable to use products like these at home?. or is it to be used with rotary polisher only?

I got this treatment done on my car too, Check this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...lear-coat.html

It is necessary that those products are used with a rotary buffer for uniform and good results and is not advisable to use rubbing compound and a rotary buffer without proper knowledge, It may rip off layers of paint in no time if done incorrectly. It is not intended for regular use

And you got the surface refining treatment on a brand new car? Did they use rubbing compound on the entire car?

Quote:
i have checked in metro 2 weeks back ....but no such machine available...i bought a bosch aquatek...i am blown with this product...it has made my washing of our cars easier..no need to wait for hours at the washing centers...no need to keep giving instruction to these guys to wash here and there ..i am very happy :-)

Xenos -bangalore no. has some problem...i spoke to Xenos chennai...how come they remember your name ???

i am getting both waterless & the liquid wax shipped today...want to try on the cars this weekend.

will let you know on the results.
The stock keeps rotating i suppose, How much did you buy the aquatek for? Try this ebay link:car polisher, Cars, Bikes CVs, Tools Hardware items at low prices on eBay India

Try calling Mr.Shrikanth on 9008355999 and ask for Mr.Arun, and as to how Chennai Xenos know me, I called them once for the same products and decided to deposit the money in their account when the Xenos Bangalore branch people told me they have both in stock, So i canceled the deal with Xenos Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I got the whole lot from :

Carrefour Suntec City
3 Temasek Boulevard
Suntec City Mall #01-199
Singapore 038983

They didn't have the ScratchX2.0, so I had to settle for the old one. But they had just about everything else.

Prices are a bit steep though. Not as bad as Indian MRPs, but higher than what you'd get them for in the US f.ex.
Thanks for the address, will buy some stock for the entire year.True, Indian prices are like 200% higher than the US MSRPs
Old 10th September 2009, 13:41   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
It is necessary that those products are used with a rotary buffer for uniform and good results and is not advisable to use rubbing compound and a rotary buffer without proper knowledge, It may rip off layers of paint in no time if done incorrectly. It is not intended for regular use

And you got the surface refining treatment on a brand new car? Did they use rubbing compound on the entire car?
If it is the whole car or a large area, it is definitely to be done professionally. But for small scratches, I think we can use Finesse-it since it is a very fine grade rubbing compound and do not remove much paint. (if done manually)

Last edited by janitha : 10th September 2009 at 13:42.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:43   #1100
srinivas9446

akshay,

thanks for the nos. liquid wax is not available...only next week i believe.

i bought the aquatek for 6499/-. beautiful product...it has a very interesting attachment...it is the mudguard cleaner. this attachment does a great job. It removes the toughest of the dirt from the mudguard.It has mindblowing pressure.

Above all these features, i am a relieved man ...since i use to dread at the thought of going to local service centers...i used to carry my own cloth and shampoo to get the cars cleaned.

The other 2 attachments are good & i use less water too.

Old 10th September 2009, 17:50   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
akshay,

thanks for the nos. liquid wax is not available...only next week i believe.

i bought the aquatek for 6499/-. beautiful product...it has a very interesting attachment...it is the mudguard cleaner. this attachment does a great job. It removes the toughest of the dirt from the mudguard.It has mindblowing pressure.

Above all these features, i am a relieved man ...since i use to dread at the thought of going to local service centers...i used to carry my own cloth and shampoo to get the cars cleaned.

The other 2 attachments are good & i use less water too.
@srinivas9446,

Congrats for the purchase, can you post the pictures of aquatek.
Old 10th September 2009, 18:03   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
akshay,
Which model? When I searched, MRP of Aquatek 100 is Rs.10235/- and Aquatek 100 Plus is Rs.13625/-. Unfortunately there is no authorized dealer in Kollam or nearby Districts.
Old 10th September 2009, 21:36   #1103
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@srinivas9446,

Congrats for the purchase, can you post the pictures of aquatek.
Dear Sharma, Pl see the attachments. It gives a pressure of 100 bar. The nozzle has auto cut off for water. Photos are taken using cell phone..hence the quality is poor. so excuse me.

the third picture is the mudguard cleaner attachment....the top steel portion can be rotated 360degrees( zoom it ..to understand better)....quite effective it is.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-10092009059.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-10092009060.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-10092009062.jpg  

Last edited by srinivas9446 : 10th September 2009 at 21:46.

Old 10th September 2009, 21:39   #1104
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Which model? When I searched, MRP of Aquatek 100 is Rs.10235/- and Aquatek 100 Plus is Rs.13625/-. Unfortunately there is no authorized dealer in Kollam or nearby Districts.
Aquatek 100 by BOSCH. Retail outlets in Bangalore are selling at around 10k as I understand...though not sure about this. The MRP on the box is 10k though.If you are interested i can send one to you...no issues. for domestic usage its fine.

Last edited by srinivas9446 : 10th September 2009 at 21:42.

Old 10th September 2009, 21:49   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Aquatek 100 by BOSCH. Retail outlets in Bangalore are selling at around 10k as I understand...though not sure about this. The MRP on the box is 10k though.If you are interested i can send one to you...no issues. for domestic usage its fine.
Sorry, edit.
Thanks. Shall PM you.

Last edited by janitha : 10th September 2009 at 21:51.
Old 10th September 2009, 21:54   #1106
srinivas9446

Quote:
Sorry, edit.
Thanks. Shall PM you.

hey ,
you can check the attachments i have sent to sharma...to understand what i have got.

Old 11th September 2009, 00:17   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even here in a small city like Kollam, it is easily avaialble even in auto paint shops. I have been using it and found good. But F1 is even better, if genuine. Also I do wax once a month.
I see them in several shops here in Hyderabad, unfortunately most are fakes (I once got a fake) since then I stick to tried & tested reliable shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
have anyone tried these opn their cars?.

i clicked the pics when i went to 3M for paint protection for my linea.

Is it advisable to use products like these at home?. or is it to be used with rotary polisher only?

The 3M paint detailing is an excellent product and does a good job.

If I were you, I would stay well away from any kind of rubbing compound or polish (shown in your pics). Rubbing compounds and rubbing polishes are to be used only rarely and sparingly. Best to restrict such application to maybe once in two years or so as rubbing compounds actually remove a tiny layer of paint. For fine detailing try the Maguires detailing which uses clay and polymers to remove fine scratches etc.

Quote:
If it is the whole car or a large area, it is definitely to be done professionally. But for small scratches, I think we can use Finesse-it since it is a very fine grade rubbing compound and do not remove much paint. (if done manually)
True janitha but one needs to learn how to use these things on different kinds of paint. It is much better to use detailing clay to remove fine scratches and blemishes. I got a Maguires detailing done and was impressed by the scratch removal which did not involve rubbing.

Cheers,
Old 11th September 2009, 00:29   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I For fine detailing try the Maguires detailing which uses clay and polymers to remove fine scratches etc.

True janitha but one needs to learn how to use these things on different kinds of paint. It is much better to use detailing clay to remove fine scratches and blemishes. I got a Maguires detailing done and was impressed by the scratch removal which did not involve rubbing.

Cheers,
Rubbing clay on the body removes ONLY surface contaminates and other stuck impurities, It will in no way remove scratches, May be it just fills up the scratches and swirls which will be visible after a wash or two. Or may the waxing that your detailer did after claying is hiding the scratches.
Where did you get this meguiar's treatment?

P.S- Scratches and swirls can be permanently removed ONLY by rubbing/sanding
Old 11th September 2009, 00:55   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rubbing clay on the body removes ONLY surface contaminates and other stuck impurities, It will in no way remove scratches, May be it just fills up the scratches and swirls which will be visible after a wash or two. Or may the waxing that your detailer did after claying is hiding the scratches.
Where did you get this meguiar's treatment?

P.S- Scratches and swirls can be permanently removed ONLY by rubbing/sanding
You are absolutely correct @ akshay. The clay fills up some of the scratches and swirls and then the polymers and wax treatment hide the scratches so that they are not visible anymore. They do not bother me if I cannot see them . I prefer this system to the rubbing / sanding which remove a layer and reduce the thickness of paint. I got this done in May and the car was fine till end of August when I noticed reduced water beading and promptly put on some 3M Premium wax-liquid which hid some scratches that dared resurface.

Maguiars complete external detailing was done by New Mars of Moosapet, Hyderabad.

Cheers,
Old 11th September 2009, 10:04   #1110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi Avi, Glad you noticed but IIRC the Laura was 'work in progress' when you saw it. I had done only the roof, bonnet and dickie by that time.

The 3M lPremium Wax-Liquid costs Rs.80/- per bottle of 100 ml. One bottle lasts for about 4 to 5 applications. I have used it on all my cars over time (Padmini, 118, Corsa and now the Laura and GTX) and the results are really good, best of all hard water does not seem to affect it.

I picked the present lot at the HIAS from 'Car Jewels' stall so, Car Jewels on Minister Rd. should have it. There is another small shop opp. the school on Bazar Guard Rd. chap sells automotive paints, polishes etc. I used to buy it from him.

Cheers,
Wow, if that was WIP, need to see the car after it got completed. Price seems to be too economical to be true. Will buy this stuff over the weekend and try it on the Red Beast and White Angel.

Will post the results soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks