Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 01:23   #1051
BHPian

Has anyone tried Meguiar's quick detialer spray? Checked out with a local dealer for its availability and its available for Rs.840. Helps beading water and protects paint.

Amazon.com: Meguiar's G-13224 NXT Generation Speed Detailer. 12 oz.: Automotive

Is it worth 840Rs. or any better ones out there?
Old 1st September 2009, 04:22   #1052
BHPian

Does anyone in here know where do we get the Turtle or Waxpol Car Care Products in Kolkata? All of the stores I have checked stock the Formula 1 or the Motomax products. The expressions in their faces said they had never heard of Turtle products before! And they also claimed that they were not receiving supply of Waxpol products since the last 3 months.
Old 1st September 2009, 08:53   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need some help guys.. An auto wallah transferred some black paint onto my car .. is there any way this will go away without repainting? Sorry for the image quality - taken with mobile at night
get one of these scratch removers available from abel auto or meguair. it will remove all these in jiffy.

may be if you can visit BP petrolbunk they have these small bottle of scratch remover called euro shine which used to do the job for me before. You can even take your car there and get a live demo and get the thing done free of cost if you pretend to be a customer
Old 1st September 2009, 15:22   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
get one of these scratch removers available from abel auto or meguair. it will remove all these in jiffy.

may be if you can visit BP petrolbunk they have these small bottle of scratch remover called euro shine which used to do the job for me before. You can even take your car there and get a live demo and get the thing done free of cost if you pretend to be a customer
Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
It seems there is no dent and very little damage to paint. Buy "3M Finesse-it" and using it will mostly restore the original look. Will cost only about Rs.50/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Yep, some rubbing compount will make that better in a jiffy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
His paint has rubbed off on your bumper. Take that off with a diesel soaked rag. After that, any good rubbing compound should take care of the scuffed paint.
Thanks guys. Will try it and let you know.
Old 1st September 2009, 16:08   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
My Swift has not been washed for about a week now and is starting to look really bad......
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
That's sacrilege for a Bhp-ian like myself......
It was indeed a very bad idea to have left the Swift unwashed for so long. A week does not seem that much, but I had driven to Ooty and back (in the rain) and another 150km on the highway (heavy downpour), so the muck on it was unbelievable.
I had to wash the car twice on Sunday to get it back to shape. Even the sonax shampoo seemed to be inadequate. There was layer upon layer of mud, tar stains and grime.
And Turtle wax rocks! Thankfully, I'd waxed the car a few weeks back.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:24   #1056
Senior - BHPian

I'd take it to a pressure wash place if it's that bad. Just ask them to wash stuff off and no wiping down (which will destroy your paintjob with swirl marks - unless they are pros). Take the car home, do a wet wipe down and then wax. Presto! As good as new.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:46   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I'd take it to a pressure wash place if it's that bad.....
I would have done that if I'd realized that the muck would be so tough to get rid off. It was quite a job - dip sponge in bucket, dab gently, rinse sponge with hose to get rid of the dirt and repeat until clean. Took me 2 hours. The only thing I can say is: Boys & girls, dont try this at home. Wash your car regularly so you dont end up like me.
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:50   #1058
BHPian

Folks there is an offer for user of amway silicon glaze and shampoo.I guess it may last for 1 to 2 weeks.Not sure
You can get both the product 668 and with it get Lia Car Freshner combi pack(2 cartridges and one dispenser I believe) of Rs. 225 in Rs. 1. Check you contact if needed or can email at buyamway@yahoo.in or call 9886196425 for free delivery at home.
Above contact is the contact from whom I buy.

Note : This is FYI not a promotion
Old 4th September 2009, 20:07   #1059
BHPian

I'd like to share a few words about the Abel auto'a(Turtle wax) "waterless car wash"(Which is also a quick spray detailer) which i bought from a Xenos dealer for 275Rs.

This product is meant to be used on dirty/dusty car which i didn't want to use on my unwashed car fearing swirl marks, So i washed the car, dried it and sprayed this product, After a few minutes i removed the product with a microfiber cloth and the results were fantastic, The surface felt like it has been waxed with a high quality wax and the shine is brilliant too. Poured a lil' water on the surface to test water beading and i said WOW! water just glided down.

I also sprayed this product on a dusty/dirty part near the bumper, wiped with a microfiber cloth and the dirt was removed with an amazing shine without any swirl marks. Though i don't recommend this method.

This product is highly recommend for lazy people who don't wax their car often

I also bought a bottle of liquid wax which i will try in the morning and share my reviews. Thank you stefanm for recommending me abel auto products.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_5652.jpg  

Old 5th September 2009, 00:07   #1060
BANNED

Good work Akshay, no need to buy overpriced products, even after almost 3 weeks and no washing of the car(Due to lots of rain here) the car still looks good, I am amazed by this product and to date after 22years of car ownership i find this product the best. Do post some pics asap, I will be trying to wash my car on Sunday if i have the time between my business meeting and will post an update on the Abelauto Wax, I will not wax my car again until the end of the month, generally I do it monthly, but I want to test the durability of this wax and intend to give a full review.

Cheers,

Stefan
Old 6th September 2009, 17:57   #1061
BANNED

akshay_b : Post some pictures of the area before & after using waterless car wash.

How much quantity is there the Rs.275 bottle ?
Old 6th September 2009, 18:54   #1062
gpa
Senior - BHPian

akshay,

Nice to see that you got fantastic results with the new wax. My plans of picking it up are pushed a little behind as I unearthed a full bottle of Turtle wax from my storage cupboard as I as cleaning it today. :P

However, do post some pics of the finish.

Thanks,
gpa
Old 6th September 2009, 21:28   #1063
BHPian

Guys, I used the new liquid wax which was quite good, A little amount on an applicator was enough to apply the product to a large area, Was very easy to apply and remove, No rubbing required at all, Just a single wipe removed the wax haze to a nice shine and nice smoothness.
I can say this liquid wax is better than the abrasive formula 1 wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
akshay_b : Post some pictures of the area before & after using waterless car wash.

How much quantity is there the Rs.275 bottle ?
Well, The surface becomes shiny and very smooth to touch which can hardly be noticeable on a picture. I'll post a pic soon though.
500ml for 275Rs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
akshay,

Nice to see that you got fantastic results with the new wax. My plans of picking it up are pushed a little behind as I unearthed a full bottle of Turtle wax from my storage cupboard as I as cleaning it today. :P

However, do post some pics of the finish.

Thanks,
gpa
That's good gpa, Which variant of turtle wax did you find? Hard shell paste?
Pics coming up soon..
Old 7th September 2009, 17:52   #1064
BHPian

Here are a few pics of my car after the 3M swirl and scratch treatment + turtle wax(Abel auto) liquid wax and microfiber buffing.

Caution: You might get very jealous!
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-shine-1.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-3.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-2.jpg  

Old 7th September 2009, 19:10   #1065
Team-BHP Support

What are those white square thingies popping up in your pic?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks