Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 00:37   #2551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Try 3M Liquid wax first and if this fails, use 3M Finesse-it rubbing compound slightly and after buffing, wax the polished area.
i have meguiars nxt 2.0 and nu finish scratch doctor. are they fine?
Old 5th July 2010, 01:05   #2552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i have meguiars nxt 2.0 and nu finish scratch doctor. are they fine?
I'm sorry as I don't have much knowledge regarding these products but the latter's name surely hints at its workability. But before trying a harder substance, let's see what others who're familiar with these products have to share.
Old 5th July 2010, 09:40   #2553
BHPian

R. Compound should be the preference, use a dampened cloth to apply it on the affected area.Else opt for wet sanding with 2000 sandpaper.
Guys, suggest some pure wax, need it asap
Old 5th July 2010, 10:51   #2554
BHPian

@Gill
Bro, I'd suggest you invest once and get some Meguiars products from US. There are quite a few dealers on ebay that ship to India.

Get Clay Kit, Polish, NXT 2.0 Wax, MF Wash Mitts, Drying Towels, MF Applicator Pads, MF cloths. This investment would easily last you 1.5-2 years.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:29   #2555
BHPian

^^ but problem is that liquids cannot be shipped , correct me if i am wrong !!!

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 5th July 2010 at 11:31.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:40   #2556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hey guys, i have a problem. 5-6 days ago my car was parked in the open and some paint or something fell off my building onto the car. at first i thought it was bird droppings but after 3-4 days i saw it was still there inspite of being washed. then i saw it was some paint kind of thing. some painters were working in the building i got them to take it off the window glass with thinner, but i didnt get any thinner put on the patches on the car paint. the thinner would mess the pain up i presume. there are 2-3 patches probably 1x1inch.
how do i remove these?
Try MIN cream to removed the paint instead of thinner. Try it on one patch first observe the results if satisfied then continue with the other patch. This also a Reckitt Benckiser product and is available in any standard Hardware/Polish store.
Old 5th July 2010, 12:03   #2557
BHPian

It depends on the shipping option actually. The vendors cannot ship any liquid item using the AirMail option. It has to be a package shipping option.

I got my Clay Kit, NXT 2.0 wax just fine. The shipping amount was almost 60% of the product amount though!
Old 5th July 2010, 12:09   #2558
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I read a few reviews on Klasse and it seems like an awesome product!
regarding sealant glaze after klasse AIO its just like a mixed product meant to enhance the shine a bit more + seal the surface.

(though glaze is a additional + point)

Regarding which one is better,
no idea as I haven't used either of those and we cant rely on reviews for comparisons either as both might give different results under different usage conditions/ paint colors / results also vary considering the strength of the clearcoats here on Indian cars.

after Klasse AIO you can layer with any pure wax or sealant of your choice!

YGPM
Here is what i feel is a total and complete process
1. wash
2.clay
Put Klasse AIO or use Meguiars UC, Scratch X 2.0
Then put sealant- Wolfgang,Blackfire seems like the best.
Then put PURE wax- which can be Collinite or this one( really expensive)
Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax - 7 oz | Detailed Image
To avoid doing sealant and wax,can use Meguiars NXT tech wax, but its better to apply sealant and then a pure wax
Any inputs on theblackfire wax? Its very expensive but looks like a pure carnuba wax
Old 5th July 2010, 12:41   #2559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
@Gill
Bro, I'd suggest you invest once and get some Meguiars products from US. There are quite a few dealers on ebay that ship to India.

Get Clay Kit, Polish, NXT 2.0 Wax, MF Wash Mitts, Drying Towels, MF Applicator Pads, MF cloths. This investment would easily last you 1.5-2 years.
I shall be receiving them by Oct, for time being I am looking out for WAX.
What is the procedure of wax top-up?Do I have to apply just a thin layer on full car or where the beading has reduced?
Old 5th July 2010, 13:55   #2560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Here is what i feel is a total and complete process
1. wash
2.clay
Put Klasse AIO or use Meguiars UC, Scratch X 2.0
Then put sealant- Wolfgang,Blackfire seems like the best.
Then put PURE wax- which can be Collinite or this one( really expensive)
Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax - 7 oz | Detailed Image
To avoid doing sealant and wax,can use Meguiars NXT tech wax, but its better to apply sealant and then a pure wax
Any inputs on theblackfire wax? Its very expensive but looks like a pure carnuba wax
I think any pure carnauba wax can produce the same shine which BF ivory carnauba wax can give on a cured sealant!

I'd prefer Pinnacle Signature series II or P21S concours carnauba waxes(both cheaper, pure waxes + awesome reviews on both) instead of the overpriced same thing from BF!
^These produce an awesome 'show car' shine but they last maybe 3-4 weeks tops(variable, depending on exposure to hot climate etc.)

You can use collinite to layer the sealant if you want durability!(collinite claims to last 3-6 months)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
I shall be receiving them by Oct, for time being I am looking out for WAX.
What is the procedure of wax top-up?Do I have to apply just a thin layer on full car or where the beading has reduced?
At least two thin coats with 24hr curing time between each coat is recommended!! (during the curing time, make sure that water shouldn't touch the waxed parts)

and for top up, I'd recommend doing it on the full vehicle at once!

and the only pure carnauba wax available here is Collinite 845! (chk out the previous page for links to the importer etc.)

Last edited by sohail99 : 5th July 2010 at 14:07.
Old 5th July 2010, 17:25   #2561
BHPian

Scratches on the bumper.

Just scratched the front bumper while parking.

Suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p1010447.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p1010448.jpg  

Old 5th July 2010, 19:21   #2562
BHPian

Re painting is the only solution.

Murthy
Old 5th July 2010, 19:48   #2563
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I think any pure carnauba wax can produce the same shine which BF ivory carnauba wax can give on a cured sealant!

I'd prefer Pinnacle Signature series II or P21S concours carnauba waxes(both cheaper, pure waxes + awesome reviews on both) instead of the overpriced same thing from BF!
^These produce an awesome 'show car' shine but they last maybe 3-4 weeks tops(variable, depending on exposure to hot climate etc.)

You can use collinite to layer the sealant if you want durability!(collinite claims to last 3-6 months)
Klasse has 2 products which are AIO and AIO Polish and Sealant
Blackfire Sealant is much more expensive, and so is the wolfgang sealant.
1.Does it mean wolfgang is best? Its about $10 more than Blackfire and about double than Klasse AIO
2. which klasse product suits the best then amongst the 2?
I read on a detailing site"One combination that works well is an initial coating of Klasse All-In-One followed by one or more coats of P21S."
Now which means, post claying- just apply AIO and then Meguiars NXT or Collinite, with no need of a sealant in between as Klasse AIO works like a polish and sealant both. I read some reviews where people polish, then apply this AIO and then wax. Wonder what is the polish about? Maybe meguiars UC will be a good preparation step, but takes a huge effort with hand

Am putting some pics of the water beading effects- used NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and saw amazing effects,had used it before but since did not do the complete 3 step process, the effects were not so noticeable
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-phones-033.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-phones-034.jpg  

Old 5th July 2010, 23:03   #2564
BHPian

Hello,
Got a new car ANHC-VMT Taffeta White 15 days back i.e. on 20th June2010. I would look forward to your suggestions on kind of exterior precautions I need to take. I was under the impression that white doesn't need wax application but when read some threads backwards which cleared the confusion.

So, like wise to make provisions of the wax compounds and where to buy from recommended shops in Pune I wrote a pm to Raccoon.

My confusion is whether it is necessary to apply some wax compound coat on the paint for a 15 day old car ? (Please keep the monsoon consideration as its currently raining nowadays) or should I wait for couple of months and then it makes more sense??

Thanks in advance.
Old 6th July 2010, 00:34   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Klasse has 2 products which are AIO and AIO Polish and Sealant
Blackfire Sealant is much more expensive, and so is the wolfgang sealant.
1.Does it mean wolfgang is best? Its about $10 more than Blackfire and about double than Klasse AIO
2. which klasse product suits the best then amongst the 2?
I read on a detailing site"One combination that works well is an initial coating of Klasse All-In-One followed by one or more coats of P21S."
Now which means, post claying- just apply AIO and then Meguiars NXT or Collinite, with no need of a sealant in between as Klasse AIO works like a polish and sealant both. I read some reviews where people polish, then apply this AIO and then wax. Wonder what is the polish about? Maybe meguiars UC will be a good preparation step, but takes a huge effort with hand

Am putting some pics of the water beading effects- used NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and saw amazing effects,had used it before but since did not do the complete 3 step process, the effects were not so noticeable
Awesome beading!!
Here the rain is all muddy! so I have to keep my i20 under wraps!

1. YGPM

2. I think that where they said to use P21S after Klasse AIO, they made that statement considering the weather there!(where max temps might be like 25-30C max)

If we modify that according to Indian weather conditions(super harsh),
then a sealant is a must!!

you can layer the sealant with a pure carnauba wax to get the same finish they are talking about!
(but sealant adds that long lasting (hot)weather resistant protection that a pure carnauba wax might not provide(though its great for regions with 25-30C temps)

(the biggest enemy of carnauba wax is the sun(heat) which is abundant here most of the year)

---------------

Where it says that ppl polish before Klasse AIO, I think they are referring to paint correction as 'polishing'

since klasse might be able to remove minor oxidation and swirls, major paint defects and swirls need to be removed before using Klasse for it to work best!

maybe its time you get a DA!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks