Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 20:37   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
@Sohail99- Can you post a tutorial on how you went about making Foam Buffing Pads at home?
I made some yesterday for my Drill machine which turned out quite good, what were yours like?
Its not like one needs a tutorial to do it!

I got different thick foam sheets(of varying consistencies, firmer ones can be used as cutting pads, relatively softer ones as polishing pads etc.)

and I cut them according to my rotary's backing plate and put some Velcro tapes on the back and there you have a foam pad! (but I still recommend pads made by professional companies such as 3M, lake Country etc.)

I just used them on a trial purpose and found that though they did work quite well, they didn't last more than 3 panels of heavy polishing(not durable as the pro pads)

I'll be getting lake country pads for my rotary as they are made to last and will definitely yield better results!

If you are still keen on trying out home made pads, try them on a inconspicuous part of the car!
Old 3rd July 2010, 21:06   #2537
BHPian

i had a word with autogeek.net , they are ready to ship anything to india including liquids. The only problem is that we have to do customs clearing on our part (30% of invoice value) + Shipping . so can we have a better option ????

Where is eagle one nano spray wax available in delhi ??? and for how much ???
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:41   #2538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
i had a word with autogeek.net , they are ready to ship anything to india including liquids. The only problem is that we have to do customs clearing on our part (30% of invoice value) + Shipping . so can we have a better option ????

Eagle One Nano Wax products are available in plenty across New Delhi. I've seen stores in Lajpat Nagar selling at discounts owing to competition and market functioning norms though never bought one.
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:52   #2539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post

get it from ebay.in there is a Bangalore based seller who ships out. link posted in the last 2-3 pages
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:45   #2540
BHPian

Hello, Today the car got the 3M paint protection treatment.3M paste it wax, was the only let down, the finish is oily, though it smells good.The glaze is dull and dead.Today, I realized the importance of claying, the surface of car is smooth.Now it's time to get better wax and apply on my own.
Old 4th July 2010, 15:10   #2541
BHPian

do 3m guys clay car befoe they do the treatment ???
Old 4th July 2010, 16:06   #2542
BHPian

No.

Water beading of Paste-It is decent, but I doubt it will not last long in such rains.
Old 4th July 2010, 17:08   #2543
BHPian

Valvoline India has a clay bar from a manufacturer called Brite.

Check This Car Care ::Valvoline Cummins::

have mailed them regarding price , lets wait for reply !!!

EDIT : here website http://www.carbrite.com/Products/Ext...ik-purple.aspx

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 4th July 2010 at 17:11.
Old 4th July 2010, 17:36   #2544
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Ok! Klasse polish and sealant(basically a all in one product) might work best with a DA because it includes glaze and pre-wax cleaners, meant to strip off the old wax and reduce swirls and surface oxidation(it has mild abrasives) and then leave a acrylic coat! (its a acrylic sealant)

NXT2.0 and other sealants made by megs are polymer based!

the thing with klasse is, you cant layer it with the same product!
you'll need to layer it(after curing) with a pure sealant or wax(the one without any sort of paint cleaners)

(NXT is layerable as the paint cleaners in it are very mild and don't damage the previous coat of NXT)
got me confused now. What will be the best option now- klasse polish and sealant then followed by NXT(or collinite)? Says that after klasse all in one , use sealant glaze for best results
Also wolfgang has the same combo- which one is better?
BTW you did not mention what you need, do you need Megs anymore?
Old 4th July 2010, 20:05   #2545
Senior - BHPian

I read a few reviews on Klasse and it seems like an awesome product!
regarding sealant glaze after klasse AIO its just like a mixed product meant to enhance the shine a bit more + seal the surface.

(though glaze is a additional + point)

Regarding which one is better,
no idea as I haven't used either of those and we cant rely on reviews for comparisons either as both might give different results under different usage conditions/ paint colors / results also vary considering the strength of the clearcoats here on Indian cars.

after Klasse AIO you can layer with any pure wax or sealant of your choice!

YGPM
Old 4th July 2010, 21:10   #2546
BHPian

Suggest a wax available locally without any cleaners, I need to top up the wax layer.
Turtle Hard shell was an option, But It's a cleaner wax, so is platinum wax.
Old 4th July 2010, 21:15   #2547
BHPian

"Best of all WAXPOL"
Try it. Many members here recommend it. But research a lot about the correct method to apply it and the time after which you should buff it off. It is a "hard to buff" wax but the results are amazing and long-lasting. The water beading for some lasted for nearly 6 months.
Apply it 1 square feet at a time.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 4th July 2010 at 21:21.
Old 4th July 2010, 23:39   #2548
Senior - BHPian

I came across Mansion Wax which was being rubbed on newly laid tiles in my college's building. The texture was very fine, similar to 3M Show-it Paste wax and the manufacturer of the wax is Reckitt Benckiser. The box mentioned that Wax is also available for Metal surfaces. It's very much like a Shoe polish in terms of it's physical properties.
Old 4th July 2010, 23:44   #2549
Team-BHP Support

hey guys, i have a problem. 5-6 days ago my car was parked in the open and some paint or something fell off my building onto the car. at first i thought it was bird droppings but after 3-4 days i saw it was still there inspite of being washed. then i saw it was some paint kind of thing. some painters were working in the building i got them to take it off the window glass with thinner, but i didnt get any thinner put on the patches on the car paint. the thinner would mess the pain up i presume. there are 2-3 patches probably 1x1inch.
how do i remove these?
Old 5th July 2010, 00:32   #2550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hey guys, i have a problem. 5-6 days ago my car was parked in the open and some paint or something fell off my building onto the car. at first i thought it was bird droppings but after 3-4 days i saw it was still there inspite of being washed. then i saw it was some paint kind of thing. some painters were working in the building i got them to take it off the window glass with thinner, but i didnt get any thinner put on the patches on the car paint. the thinner would mess the pain up i presume. there are 2-3 patches probably 1x1inch.
how do i remove these?
Try 3M Liquid wax first and if this fails, use 3M Finesse-it rubbing compound slightly and after buffing, wax the polished area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks