Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 21:08   #2416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
I have used Autogeek on numerous occcasons. Wolfgang & Pinnacle are owned by Palm Beach Motoring Accesories which also owns Autogeek. So if you want these brands Autogeek may be your answer. For a few other produsts like Klasse, 1Z Einszett, Merzerna etc (German brands) Autogeek is the best site. But for products from Meguire, Mothers, and a few others check out Amazon. Amazon will give you super saver free delivery to a US address (5-9 days) on these products. Amazon stocks many of the items from these brands. You will have to pay shipping only if you buy from one of their merchants. Minimum purchase is USD 25 to qualify for free shipping. Before buying Meguire products from anywhere else check Amazon, you may get a better deal. If you are set to buy, check out the detailing sites - they have memorial day specials on this weekend.
Garipagol - Whats your feedback about Autogeek ? How reliable are they ? Whats the lead time like to ship to India, how much extra approximately would they charge for shipping (i guess their minimum order is 100 USD)
Old 1st June 2010, 21:56   #2417
BHPian

For all DA polisher enthusiasts !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I came across one Chinese make Cordless DA Polisher at Ebay Singapore. I'll ask my uncle to get hold of better ones. Hope he gets time to visit Mustafa Center, I think this shopping center must be having something suitable for Detailing.

Garipagol, any suggestions from your side?
Check this out for a tutorial :
Polishing Auto Detailing Guide - Detailed Image

I do not agree that machine polishing is the only way. For heaps of swirls & orange peels I would rather take the car to a detailer otherwise I will trust my "handiwork!".

Rgds
Old 1st June 2010, 22:34   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Garipagol - Whats your feedback about Autogeek ? How reliable are they ? Whats the lead time like to ship to India, how much extra approximately would they charge for shipping (i guess their minimum order is 100 USD)
They are completely reliable. but I use a drop off address in US. That is the best way. There are weird restrictions on international courier shipments (by air) particularly for liquids and some of the stuff may not ship. But the same can be brought in luggage by fliers - I have had no issues - but no aerosols & petrolium based products.

Autogeek says they will ship but they will indicate the shipping cost after you order. Once you accept the frieght amount then they will process the order (charge your card) and ship. I have never used international shipment.

BTW they are very quick to respond to your EMail queries - send them a query with your wish list (name & part no.). Let us know the result.

Rgds
Old 4th June 2010, 00:41   #2419
Senior - BHPian

How do I determine if I've put the right amount of wax on a non metallic white alto?
Old 4th June 2010, 01:14   #2420
Senior - BHPian

The wax haze might be a little difficult to see on white paint(considering that the wax hazes white)

but you can observe from reflections and try looking at the panels from different angles in order to assess the surface haze!

you can also do the swipe test but dunno whether it'll be of much use on white.
(where you just make a quick swipe on the waxed panel and see whether the swiped area is clear or has smearing!

Smearing = wax hasn't bonded yet, Clear = wax bonded and its time to remove the excess wax)

Dodojuice makes a purple haze wax so that it appears distinctly on lighter colors!
I wish something like that was available here!

btw TurtleWax hard shell liquid wax hazes greenish white and is more distinctly visible on lighter colors!
Old 4th June 2010, 08:01   #2421
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sohail. I was wondering if it was necessary at all to wax a white car?
Old 4th June 2010, 11:46   #2422

very Informative article . Is there any specific product/brand recommended for under body paint.
Old 4th June 2010, 23:13   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Thanks Sohail. I was wondering if it was necessary at all to wax a white car?
Hey there mate, I think waxing is not a neccessity for any car, be it white or some other colour. It's just a better way of keeping the car's paint under check & give it some protection & this comes from the owner, not the user/maintainance manual.

Drive safe.
Old 5th June 2010, 01:39   #2424
BHPian

Textbook water beading on the roof of my Swift. Taken on Commercial St Blr after yesterday's rains. I remain a fan of turtle wax.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-waterbeading.jpg
Old 7th June 2010, 19:26   #2425
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need your advice - a friend of mine in an I10 had a brush with an Ikon which resulted in dirty black marks running through the side of the car.

The back bumper/mudflap of the other car has rubbed against the side doors, leaving some kind of black marks, which arent going after being rubbed with Megs Ultimate Compound either.

Can it be removed with diesel/kerosone/thinner ? Please do suggest what can be done to remove these unsightly black marks ?
Old 7th June 2010, 19:50   #2426
BHPian

Sir , please post a picture of it , it must be a deep one if not going with Megs Ultimate Compound.
Old 8th June 2010, 09:28   #2427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Need your advice - a friend of mine in an I10 had a brush with an Ikon which resulted in dirty black marks running through the side of the car.

The back bumper/mudflap of the other car has rubbed against the side doors, leaving some kind of black marks, which arent going after being rubbed with Megs Ultimate Compound either.

Can it be removed with diesel/kerosone/thinner ? Please do suggest what can be done to remove these unsightly black marks ?
Run your fingernail across the black marks!

if there isnt any scratch etc.(nail not getting stuck) then it is possible to get rid of the black marks!

do try '3M Finesse it' compound on it! (btw a macro of the black marks would be nice)
Old 8th June 2010, 09:41   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

The mark should go with rubbing compound if its not too deep as sohail said. Our Omni was damaged like this long ago when a biker brushed past. Most of the mark came off, exept where the paint was scratched right to the metal.
Old 8th June 2010, 13:55   #2429
BHPian

Thanks guys for the suggestions ! I shall post up the pics tomorrow for your study & advice !
Old 8th June 2010, 17:50   #2430
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Nirmal,
Do not try diesel, kerosene or thinner. Your friends paint will get effected by this. This is the biggest mistake some dealerships and amateurs do.

If it is rubber marks they will come out with IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol). He can get it at any chemist.

If it is part of the black plastic of a car, use a mild polish, like Turtle and it can or should remove it.

Give me a feedback on the results.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks