Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 13:28   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Yes. Thats how it looks. Its called waffle face. Its indeed 3M perfect it foam pad but in grey color. The only difference on the pad i saw was that its rear end (with the velcro) was flat like in your previous picture and unlike this. The size i found is perfect for my machine.

There is a correction, the price is Rs.450. I think thats fine because if you convert the cost in USD to INR, this price looks justified. I saw it at a paint and carcare product dealer in navi mumbai and its next to the many car detailing shops at sec19C Vashi. I was looking for a foam pad and my mechanic told me they got their products there.

The esteem is white. I think ill try the waxpol product. But that will not be before 2 weeks.
Thanks! I'll check out some paint shops here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Got some stuff from the US, not much but some meguiars supreme shine, UQW and NXT liquid. Will be posting to those in order of prio who had requested
Had put a coat of NXT paste about 15 days back, served extremely well in the rains here.
Going slow on my car, as am going to sell it(have a good reason only) so feeling nostalgic when i go out to treat it! Wish the new owner will take good care of her, wish find such a buyer who values a well maintained car!!!
omg! nxt liquid for me! lol

anyways, whats the reason behind selling your well maintained beauty?
Old 12th May 2010, 21:24   #2267
BHPian

Any Views on this?Thinking of buying a pair. But I have doubt on it's so called Micro fibre.

eBay India: Car Cleaning & Polishing Gloves (item 170473289684 end time 15-May-2010 10:59:58 IST)
Old 12th May 2010, 21:42   #2268
BHPian

If it's genuine then it's a bargain, i also have doubts, i'm in the market for one of these as well. But have to pick one up locally as i refuse to get a credit card and my 70's bank doesn't allow online transactions with a debit card.
Old 12th May 2010, 21:56   #2269
Senior - BHPian

Its a wash mitt Lol at 'polishing glove'

its only for washing(more specifically, working up the lather on the car's body panels and it micro fiber material traps all the dirt removed by the act of shampooing)

you have to frequently rinse the mitt(in the bucket) after a few passes to ensure that the entrapped dust doesn't keep rubbing against the panel and scratch the paint!

a grit guard in the bucket helps!

EDIT - I just saw the brand name - 'sheng da' or something! I have a chamois towel of that brand! it works great!

Last edited by sohail99 : 12th May 2010 at 21:58.
Old 12th May 2010, 22:08   #2270
BHPian

I was watching this item last two days, Intially the seller was shipping it for free and Now it's rs50/.I think I should order at least one.Then will consider the other, After discount coupon it will cost around rs 200/.
Old 12th May 2010, 22:19   #2271
BHPian

one supreme shine for me also , hope i am in priority
Old 12th May 2010, 22:45   #2272
BHPian

@MKH, If you have something in spare. Let me know. I am interested.

Just Ordered Wash mitt from E-bay.
Old 13th May 2010, 09:35   #2273
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
I just saw the ad in the classifieds section after our conversation yesterday and was wondering why you were going to sell it off. Well the new owner will be lucky to get a well maintained beauty .
had no plans, but gotta move jobs and need to close the lease, else will lose out on the new lease. Hope to get a buyer who can see that he is getting a showroom condition car for 35% less cost!!
Just 10 days back did a session with NXT paste and topped it up again the next day, the 3M treatment effect lasted about 5 months and with rains also.
BTW i hope we are meeting today, please PM me ur number again, did not store it.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:18   #2274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
OK! I have an attached pic
Although I do not use a mechanical polisher and have limited funda on them, be aware that the foam pads are color coded - yellow , white, orange (have not seen a blue one before!) depending on their cutting ability. Look at the spec before you jump in. Rotary polishers can take off (burn) your paint if you are not quick and careful.

Regards
Old 14th May 2010, 10:27   #2275
BHPian

Some son of a %$@! took a key and scratched my new SX4 all over. side to side and scribbled on the bonnet wildly. I am thoroughly heartbroken to see my new 1.5 month old car to be scratched so badly. I am contemplating a new paintjob but i dont wanna rush as the ******* who did it might try again. ive alerted the security though. anyways is there anyway that i can get rid or at least reduce the scratches. ill be posting the pics later today.

please help me.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:44   #2276
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!! I feel like deeply scratching their body with the very key they used!

If your fingernail is getting stuck in the scratch then it is quite deep and may need repainting and finishing(what do you see in the scratch? (color) )

I would recommend you get a car cover to shield your car from such lowlifes!

I think its a huge loss, as no painter will ever be able to achieve that same finish as the factory paint has(unless they are truly dedicated like 'Pandit and Co' )

I feel for you! my new i20 got banged by a stupid driver(that too when it was parked!) in the 2nd month of the ownership and I realize the pain!

Last edited by sohail99 : 14th May 2010 at 10:47.
Old 14th May 2010, 14:57   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Some son of a %$@! took a key and scratched my new SX4 all over. side to side and scribbled on the bonnet wildly.
Oh man... looks like someone deliberately did it out of jealousy. I agree, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, it has cut thru the clearcoat and may be even paint. Some pics will be useful. You can also try to use a abbrasive polish (you get them in 3M, Armorall, Sonax etc brands) and some scratches may be filled or intensity reduced.

Last edited by NiTviN : 14th May 2010 at 14:58. Reason: to fix the HTML code for quote.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:23   #2278
BHPian

Thanks for your concern guys i guess ill be gettin the car repainted about a month from now.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:44   #2279
BHPian

Mkh - Thanks for the Megs NXT Tech Wax 2.0 & the Supreme shine Microfibers, check out the results on the ANHC !

The surface has very mild swirl marks & i applied a small quantity of wax after a good wash, buffed off with the Supreme shine. Love the deep shine

Btw, the finish was much smoother the next morning after waxing, is it due to the curing effect ? Mkh/Sohail, your views please !

Coming up next - The Beemer & Swift !
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00613.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00616.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc00624.jpg  

Old 14th May 2010, 21:22   #2280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Mkh - Thanks for the Megs NXT Tech Wax 2.0 & the Supreme shine Microfibers, check out the results on the ANHC !

The surface has very mild swirl marks & i applied a small quantity of wax after a good wash, buffed off with the Supreme shine. Love the deep shine

Btw, the finish was much smoother the next morning after waxing, is it due to the curing effect ? Mkh/Sohail, your views please !

Coming up next - The Beemer & Swift !
nirmaljusdoit, the shine looks nice and the surface looks smooth. Can you post some better pictures to show the result of your hardwork?

Did you get rid of the mild swirl marks totally?

Last edited by benzinblut : 14th May 2010 at 21:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks