Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 10:07   #2176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
^^^^^^

Whats a 'waxing machine'? Are you refering to DA polishers?
Its a hand held machine. Pictures of the same are on p140 of this thread.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:32   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
No idea regarding locally available clay bars! (you can try other methods mentioned in the link in one of my previous posts!)

Here in Delhi, I saw a few wash mitts at Khan Market!

for covers you should get a Tyvek car cover made by 'Polco'

check out this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ers-worth.html
Sohail, Can you let me know where do you buy Meguiars stuff? I am seriously interested in buying Clay/Glaze/Tech wax for my car. I hope its not 20North. They are slow and clumsy in delivery too. Any other online site/source that you use? Please let me know if we can benifit from it too.
Old 28th April 2010, 17:44   #2178
J.Ravi

Today, I purchased Formula 1 Wheel Gold [wheel cleaner] costing Rs 399 at SPAR, Mantri Mall, Malleshwaram, Bangalore. I shall post a detailed write-up after using it.

Old 28th April 2010, 20:55   #2179
Senior - BHPian

^Nice! but don't use it regularly! Use only if your rims have seriously stubborn stains which the car wash shampoo cant take off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Sohail, Can you let me know where do you buy Meguiars stuff? I am seriously interested in buying Clay/Glaze/Tech wax for my car. I hope its not 20North. They are slow and clumsy in delivery too. Any other online site/source that you use? Please let me know if we can benifit from it too.
Earlier(before 20north) I used to get my stuff from 'KMD'. He's a dealer at Techenclave.com. (no advertising! just being helpful)

but now-a-days, due to a few order probs he's temporarily down

I got other stuff such as NXT techwax2.0 and UC from 20north.com when they were still pretty reliable!

Currently I too have absolutely no one to get megs stuff from!

MKH! help!
Old 28th April 2010, 21:00   #2180
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Nice! but don't use it regularly! Use only if your rims have seriously stubborn stains which the car wash shampoo cant take off!
Noted. Thanks a lot, sohail99, for kind suggestion.

Old 28th April 2010, 21:13   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Actually its an acid based cleaner! thats why I don't use it regularly!

Quote:
acid-based cleaners. These are widely used by detailers, car dealers and car washes desiring to clean wheels in the shortest possible time or with the least amount of effort. Acid-based cleaners are typically a 2-3% solution of oxylic, phosphoric and/or hydrochloric acid. Most spray-on/hose-off wheel cleaners fall into this group. While these cleaners pack the greatest cleaning punch they can etch the surface if allowed to dry on the wheel. Care should also be taken not to use acid cleaners on wheels with pitted or chipped surfaces. The acid will migrate into any fissures and accentuate flaking and peeling of surface coatings.
quoted from -Proper Wheel Care
Old 28th April 2010, 21:38   #2182
J.Ravi

^It is clearly mentioned in the Formula 1 container that it contains oxylic acid. Perhaps, that is why it recommends rinsing the wheel with water before use. Anyway, I have decided to use it only if it becomes necessary.

Old 29th April 2010, 22:01   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Suggest me a car cover! I had a plastic cover, which flies off with wind and a source of swirl marks, then I bought a miltary cover ,its too heavy and has a plastic inner to protect from water, which in turns lead to marks!!
Go to your dealer or any dealer for the car you have and get one at the best price available. Normally they carry the covers for all models they sell - some of them brand them as well. Polco is the one you want as suggested by Sohail. You can contact Polco @polcoindia.com - unfortunately the site is incomplete.
Old 30th April 2010, 00:12   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, I purchased Formula 1 Wheel Gold [wheel cleaner] costing Rs 399 at SPAR, Mantri Mall, Malleshwaram, Bangalore. I shall post a detailed write-up after using it.
If you clean your wheels regularly you will not need it. Find out what type of alloys you have. If they are CCed or Painted (as most of our wheels are) just use shampoo and then wax them - treat them as a part of your car (which they are)

Regds
Old 30th April 2010, 00:18   #2185
BHPian

Knowledgebase on Detailing

Here is a reference to a good knowledgebase on detailing :

TOGWT™ Detailing Article Series DB Hyperlinks - Detailing Bliss Forum.

Nice read on a sunday afternoon.

Regards
Old 30th April 2010, 01:34   #2186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
Here is a reference to a good knowledgebase on detailing :

TOGWT™ Detailing Article Series DB Hyperlinks - Detailing Bliss Forum.

Nice read on a sunday afternoon.

Regards

Thats like - wow!
Sunday afternoon? I don't think I can finish reading and digesting all of that in a whole week!!
Old 30th April 2010, 09:38   #2187
BHPian

@sohail: just bought a can of Turtle hardshell wax. Its got the Xenos tag on it. I'm off to gujarat tomorrow. Ill do the waxing on sunday with the buffing machine. Will post the pics as promised.
Old 30th April 2010, 09:42   #2188
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
If you clean your wheels regularly you will not need it. Find out what type of alloys you have. If they are CCed or Painted (as most of our wheels are) just use shampoo and then wax them
Thanks, Garipagol. Now that I purchased it, I shall use it once in a while to remove stubborn stains.

Old 30th April 2010, 11:16   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
@sohail: just bought a can of Turtle hardshell wax. Its got the Xenos tag on it. I'm off to gujarat tomorrow. Ill do the waxing on sunday with the buffing machine. Will post the pics as promised.
Whered did you buy this wax from?

Also if I understand right , from the name, it will be a wax paste and not a liquid wax. Is it pure carnuba wax? If yes then how is it different from Waxpol carnuba wax. Does this buff easily or gives better protection?

Good for frequent use?
Old 30th April 2010, 12:49   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Whered did you buy this wax from?

Also if I understand right , from the name, it will be a wax paste and not a liquid wax. Is it pure carnuba wax? If yes then how is it different from Waxpol carnuba wax. Does this buff easily or gives better protection?

Good for frequent use?
I bought this yesterday from a new shop called B.M. Auto at sector 17 mechanic lane, vashi. I couldnt find it at any other store neither at sec 17, nor at sec 19.

Its a box of wax paste. Its wax without any polishing agents. I think its pure wax but its not as hard as waxpol carnuba.

I have not used it yet. Sohail had informed me that it can be easily buffed off. But the flakes tend to get into the trims so thats to be taken care of.

If it has no polishing agents then it shouln't be bad for frequent use I guess

Most Viewed

Copyright İ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks