Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 11:55   #2086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Hey guys! today I topped up my i20's wax coat with 'clear nanowax spray'

and the results were amazing!!

you wont believe but it actually hid minor swirls and blemishes!!!

my i20's bonnet was getting a lil' swirly and I tried nanowax spray on it and viola!! swirls gone!!

tried on other panels too and it literally made me smile at the results!

great if you want to temporarily hide the swirls(minor ones) and top up you base coat of wax!

(great as otherwise I'd have to abrade some clear to get the perfect swirl free finish etc.)

What is the cost ?? from where did u get it ???? my alto i little swirly and scratch out is not working on swirls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Hey guys, Divine Carz Spa do stock a lot of Meguiars stuff but not everything. Mr Vijay Mendiratta is a very knowledgeable fellow there. I got in touch with him for a few Meguiars products. For Microfibre cloths, wash-mitts, polishing pads, they offer a great price but for Wax and other polishing products, the price is comparable to what 20north or other online US stores charge. But yes, you don't have to wait 20-30 days for your product.
wht is the cost of Microfibre cloths, wash-mitts if we need , and please do enquire about other products like swirlx and ultimate compound.

Thanx TSK for price list , can u enquire about same products ???

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 14th April 2010 at 12:07.
Old 14th April 2010, 12:17   #2087
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Honey, I take 1 hour to polish my beauty with Turtle Hard Shell wax. I would like to have the best choice, yet other options can be explored.

Are you sure about MORE or SHELL ? Wouldn't mind taking a look.
Honey???? Well the BEST choice cant be had here in india- 3M or Meguiars are the best. Check out my prev posts and pics of my collection of towels and some analysis. To get the best, you can wait for my extra stock of Meguiars Supreme Shine to come along and i can spare. Till then MORE and Shell, both have micro, sure about that as seen in person. MORE- you gotta find them on the area where car accessories, they are dumped. Shell- go inside and you will see them
Not sure if SPAR is carrying their stock, also 3M yellow cloth is very good.
BTW just on a lighter note, 1 hour is too less pal, we got folks who spend 3-4 hours
Old 15th April 2010, 02:29   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post

Thanx TSK for price list , can u enquire about same products ???
Jaspreet since I'm not very well versed with Meg's lineup I won't be able to ask him the same. I think Sohail will be the best person to get in touch with him since he has been associated with Meg's products for good amount of time.
Old 15th April 2010, 09:09   #2089
Senior - BHPian

I went to Divine Carz spa yesterday and met Mr. Amit there

he said that he can get us Megs stuff if I could give him the list(that too within 5-6 days)

he said that his shipment is coming from US and we could order too!!

He said to contact him on his cell no!
Quote:
99100 85979
maybe we can decide what all to order(make a list) and then collectively tell him to get it for us!?

Its a nice big workshop/detailing centre, but still the workers were quite moved after seeing my sparkling blue i20!

Last edited by sohail99 : 15th April 2010 at 09:11.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:14   #2090
BHPian

Had a conversation with a person at carz spa , but he quoted 340 for wash mitt and 2209 for techwax
Old 15th April 2010, 11:26   #2091
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went to Divine Carz spa yesterday and met Mr. Amit there

he said that he can get us Megs stuff if I could give him the list(that too within 5-6 days)

he said that his shipment is coming from US and we could order too!!

He said to contact him on his cell no!

maybe we can decide what all to order(make a list) and then collectively tell him to get it for us!?

Its a nice big workshop/detailing centre, but still the workers were quite moved after seeing my sparkling blue i20!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Had a conversation with a person at carz spa , but he quoted 340 for wash mitt and 2209 for techwax
they will not sell at a price that you will like it for. They will make a killing on it and as it is they will be paying more due to shipment costs etc.
I suggest one should ideally get from someone coming from the US, 20north or from my online shop ( not yet opened)
Sohail- be patient man, you will get your tech wax for 1/2 the cost of what you will end up paying these guys.
Old 15th April 2010, 12:37   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
they will not sell at a price that you will like it for. They will make a killing on it and as it is they will be paying more due to shipment costs etc.
I suggest one should ideally get from someone coming from the US, 20north or from my online shop ( not yet opened)
Sohail- be patient man, you will get your tech wax for 1/2 the cost of what you will end up paying these guys.
My list Is prepared , tell me when to pass it on to you.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:10   #2093
BHPian

Nice to Know MKH, is coming up with his/her own shop!Lets wait for T&C.
Meanwhile, I have planned, for a 3M detailing session as there regional detailer wil be in town, But Today on the way to office a gracious lady showed her driving skill in traffic jam and rubbed the driver side of the car.I am broke, though there is no dent but lady did damage the paint.Best of all, she concluded:-IT wasn't her fault.Anyways, accepted the fate and drove to office.
Damage:- Will the miss the much awaited session.
2)NCB gone down the drain and repair cost.

I am scared of lady driver rather then dog now.:-((

Last edited by Gill : 15th April 2010 at 13:11.
Old 15th April 2010, 22:48   #2094
Senior - BHPian

^

If I see a lady driver in my RVM, either I run like hell or give her way as soon as possible!

@mkh - I need some megs stuff other than NXT2.0

btw my 'Mother's clay kit' and deep crystal paint cleaner was just delivered(20north)

unfortunately UQDs are still pending! :(
Old 16th April 2010, 19:12   #2095
BHPian

I got an email that my Megs stuff has been delivered to some other customer by mistake (sponge applicators and wash mitt). They gave me the option of waiting. Did any bhpian get my stuff by mistake (kidding) :P . On a more serious note, did anyone else receive the same email ?
Old 16th April 2010, 19:37   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1head View Post
I got an email that my Megs stuff has been delivered to some other customer by mistake (sponge applicators and wash mitt). They gave me the option of waiting. Did any bhpian get my stuff by mistake (kidding) :P . On a more serious note, did anyone else receive the same email ?
Whaaaaaat?
Damn - did they reach out to you on their own or did you enquire?
Till now I have only received 1 item out of 7 ordered from 20North.
Old 16th April 2010, 20:05   #2097
BHPian

The subject seemed like a reply but I hadnt asked for status :

We are sorry to inform you that your Order ID : xx got wrongly delivered to another customer and we are unable to retrieve it back. We are ready to do a re-order for this item. Hence, we request you to kindly let us know if you are willing to wait this out. Please revert to us at the earliest. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Old 16th April 2010, 22:14   #2098
BHPian

Hi guys,

I was closely following this and another thread Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India for some time before i waxed my car. I used waxpol carnuba wax and applied and buffed by hand. Even though i did in two parts over two sundays, i totally put in about 8 hours only for waxing, it left me with swollen forearms.

The results are excellent but needs a lot of effort. So i finally bought a hand buffing grinder yesterday. I enquired about the brands used by the wax/polising guys at sector17, vashi. I was suggested several various brands.

I know a dealer at lohaar chaal near crawford market and buy such electrical stuff from him regularly for our factory/office/home use. He also has a shop at at janta market in turbhe, close to vashi. I went there and was suggested a brand - IDEAL. I called up my sector17 mechanic and he said that they used it too and vouched for its reliablity. He also gave me the model no.

I bought the machine for Rs. 2800 (originally quoted 3500). Its a variable speed hand held machine with the disc and a wollen buffing wheel. I also took along a grinding disc useful to remove welding burrs (ofcourse thats not for my car). It comes with a 6 months guarantee. Extra buffing wheel comes for Rs 350.

I will be using it only for waxing and not for polishing or grinding. After a detailed wash, I will apply waxpol carnuba wax by hand and will use this to buff it off.

I will be using it on sunday morning and will post the pics of the car on monday.

Pictures of the machine are shown below:
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-ideal-box.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-ideal-box-opened.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-contents.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-machine-specs.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-woolen-buffing-wheel.jpg  

Old 17th April 2010, 12:52   #2099
Senior - BHPian

^You'll be surprised at its buffing power! but beware, keep it moving over the panel all the time and dont stop at one point while buffing(causes ^ temp leading to paint damage!)

and always feather touch, never press the rotating head onto the paint.

I'd buff at the minimum possible rpm if I were you!

@f1head - these 20north noobs delivered my UQDs to another customer!!

Now if they make me wait another month then I'm never ordering from them again!

seriously, their system is messed up!!

and what do they mean by 'unable to retrieve!!!'??

if they deliver a 1lakh worth of stuff to someone else, they're ok with it??
Totally unprofessional!(I'm giving them a WOT rating of 0) - http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/20north.com

Last edited by sohail99 : 17th April 2010 at 13:06.
Old 17th April 2010, 13:14   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
^You'll be surprised at its buffing power! but beware, keep it moving over the panel all the time and dont stop at one point while buffing(causes ^ temp leading to paint damage!)

and always feather touch, never press the rotating head onto the paint
Solail have you ever used such a system? As of now I will be using it only to buff off the wax. I will be using it flat on the surface with a very light hand. A pictoral representation is shown below.

Any tips?
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-waxing-car-procedure.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks