Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 15:54   #2236
BHPian

Thats a lot of detailing. Ive never used clay. I only do waxing after a nice wash and repeat waxing in 4-5 weeks. I will definitely try this if i find time. You keep on the hardwork man! your car really looks new and your effort shows in the shine.

@mods: pl delete this post. I posted it twice by mistake

Last edited by benzinblut : 5th May 2010 at 16:02.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:00   #2237
BHPian

Thats a lot of detailing. What I do is much simpler. I do a nice carwash and then wax it after drying. I've never used clay or sealant. I will definitely try clay+swirlremover+sealant+wax+wax whenever i get time.

But you keep up the good work man. Your hardwork shows in the shine and the car is indeed looking much better than new.

BTW, today I will be meeting the Jopasu guy after office. Ill be buying the car duster with the plastic handle. Any idea on its costs?
Any suggestions for other products from them?
Old 5th May 2010, 16:01   #2238
BHPian

Awesome finidh sohail ,keep up the hard work.

l here are some questions , please answere them.
  1. Cost of nano spray wax.
  2. Which Paint Cleaner you used ???
  3. After the results are achieved , how to maintain the finish like that ??? because my alto travels anywhere between 80-100 klmts a day and at night it is full of dust , grim , soil , tree sap , bird droppings etc.
  4. How do you clean glass area ???

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 5th May 2010 at 16:15.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:08   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Awesome!!

@sohail99

That really is OCD man!!

May I contact you for some lessons / demo once I am back in Gurgaon?
Old 5th May 2010, 16:11   #2240
BHPian

Beautiful work Sohail ! Do you use anything special for the chrome plated parts (the badges)
I wish the condition of paint on my car was half as good as that. But i guess you cant complain when you have bought an 8 yr old car ha ha ha !
Old 5th May 2010, 16:33   #2241
Senior - BHPian

^Thanks a lot for the complement!

nothing special for the chrome parts! they are just washed clayed and waxed!

btw If you had a DA polisher, you could restore your paint to like 'near new' condition!

I believe every paint finish can be resurrected unless the fault lies in the guy who painted it!(in case of non-bodyshop repainted panels)

@NOTORIOUS

1. Nanowax spray is available @ Khan mkt! (MRP label reads Rs. 400/-)
2. Meguiars Deep Crystal paint cleaner
3. When I come from somewhere, same situation(car covered with dust and a spot or two of tree sap)

first of all, I dust the whole car to remove the loose dust, then use some F1 instant detailer or nanowax spray(works nicely on the tree sap spots, grime etc.)

bird dropping is an emergency situation for the car's paint! Fortunately its never happened to my i20(once on the windshield while driving(never use wipers!))

if possible, carry the nanowax spray in your car and try to remove the dropping with it while its still wet! it'll come off easily and wont damage anything

dry and sun-baked droppings etch the clearcoat and then, even after dropping removal there is a blemish in the clearcoat(removed by rubbing compound)

lastly after ensuring that the surface is dust free, I cover the car and the tires!!

after some days when the car starts to look dull(it wont if you maintain it everyday)
quick wax the whole car with nanowax spray to achieve that 'just waxed' look!

Only other spray wax I came across(in Indian market) was Formula1's, but it didn't impress me as much as nanowax spray did!
Old 5th May 2010, 16:45   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Thats a lot of detailing. What I do is much simpler. I do a nice carwash and then wax it after drying. I've never used clay or sealant. I will definitely try clay+swirlremover+sealant+wax+wax whenever i get time.

But you keep up the good work man. Your hardwork shows in the shine and the car is indeed looking much better than new.

BTW, today I will be meeting the Jopasu guy after office. Ill be buying the car duster with the plastic handle. Any idea on its costs?
Any suggestions for other products from them?
how are you going to source clay+swirlremover+sealant ? Are these available in Mumbai? Do let me know when you plan to get them. I am interested too . Might as well source together.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:06   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
how are you going to source clay+swirlremover+sealant ? Are these available in Mumbai? Do let me know when you plan to get them. I am interested too . Might as well source together.
I am not sure about its availability, but if they are available in delhi then we should get them in Mumbay as well. Sohail, are these available in delhi and are they reliable?

If you are talking about sourcing from abroad, then looking at the delivery times and the reliability, its better if someone brings it along.

BTW, can you highlight on the cost of the jopasu duster (the one with the plastic handle)? Any other products suggested?
I am meeting the guy today in the evening.

Last edited by benzinblut : 5th May 2010 at 17:08.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:27   #2244
BHPian

hi sohail,
i have heard about this product called as KLASSE paint sealant and KLASSE all in one; also wolfgang;
i have only heard good things about this so i think you should try using this product i believe it is too good.
also i have heard about pure carnuaba wax from p21s which is slightly expensive but makes a lot of difference as compared to meg's and other products.
i think you should try this. just a suggestion as when i was in the US i had used this on my honda accord and believe me it gave me a superb finish which lasted me for months.
i just could not get it back home as the US security doesnt allow any petroleum products to carry back home.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:27   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I am not sure about its availability, but if they are available in delhi then we should get them in Mumbay as well. Sohail, are these available in delhi and are they reliable?

If you are talking about sourcing from abroad, then looking at the delivery times and the reliability, its better if someone brings it along.

BTW, can you highlight on the cost of the jopasu duster (the one with the plastic handle)? Any other products suggested?
I am meeting the guy today in the evening.
Hey I am using the same. I just bought duster, nothing else, and I gave you the reviews of it before(Be carefull I have read lots of people complaining on Tbhp of fragile handle, seems it breaks very easily. Mine is still intact ). At that time I was also in same boat as you. Was buying on recomendations read on T-BHP. However after using it, I guess other products should be worth trying. There are lot of products that Jopasu offers. Main Duster, Mini duster, Microfibre cloth etc, Its depends what all you need.

Here is there official site Jopasu Car Care Products India checkout their products.

Addtionaly you can read reviews by other Bhpians on this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ni-review.html

The salesman I met, if you meet the same guy then he will explain all his products. Get a nice explanation from him, if you think its worth then go ahead and buy it. In my view Car duster, mini duster and microfibre cloth should be good for now. Check if he offers something cool for interior cleaning.

Do let us know what all you shopped and if its woth the bucks :-)

PS: Do insist on discount, he had given me upfront on MRP (dont remember how much it was)
Old 5th May 2010, 22:29   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
hi sohail,
i have heard about this product called as KLASSE paint sealant and KLASSE all in one; also wolfgang;
i have only heard good things about this so i think you should try using this product i believe it is too good.
also i have heard about pure carnuaba wax from p21s which is slightly expensive but makes a lot of difference as compared to meg's and other products.
i think you should try this. just a suggestion as when i was in the US i had used this on my honda accord and believe me it gave me a superb finish which lasted me for months.
i just could not get it back home as the US security doesnt allow any petroleum products to carry back home.
Yea! I've read about these products and would love to try them out!
prob is, there are very-very few reliable sources for such products from US!

I want to try out sooo many products, my mom thinks I'm crazy! lol
(Zymol, Autoglym, Swissvax etc.)

@benz - I don't know of any locally available synthetic sealant! all the waxes available here are either carnauba(with polishing compounds) or blended(synthetic sealant+Carnauba)
Old 6th May 2010, 00:13   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
hi sohail,
Carnuba wax is made from palm trees. There shouldnt be a problem in customs, US security wont check your outgoing items (unless its a bomb or inflammable and aerosol) and Indian customs wont bother with car cleaning and aesthetic supplies
Old 6th May 2010, 12:08   #2248
BHPian

Great work Sohail99, really nice glossy, wet look finish, excellent efforts, been trying to wax my ride for one week now, everytime i finish washing, wife "needs" to go somewhere, will be using abel auto wax then autoglym extra gloss protection, might try that nano wax spray aswell, have seen it available over here.

Cheers
Old 6th May 2010, 15:57   #2249
BHPian

Quote:
hi sohail,
You could have easily brought them with you. Neither Klasse AIO or the Klasse Glaze nor Wolfgang paint restorer or the deep gloss paint sealant are petroleum based. The restriction mainly applies to aerosol products. But do not carry any of these in your hand luggage. The Wolfgang DGPS is easier to work with. As for wax if you have to get some from US try the Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax # 845 to apply on the polished surface. Autogeek.net has a special on this currently. It is one the best protective waxes available - BTW it has pungent smell - goes away when cured. Another highly recommended product is the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine - it is a wash, clay lube and QD rolled into one.

Rgds
Old 6th May 2010, 16:21   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Just did a 2nd coat of Carnauba wax with synthetic sealant as the primary coat(called as 'Wet ice over fire' finish! lol)

now I'll cure it for 24hrs and then assess the final finish!

I think the results are impressive! most of the minor swirls seem to have been filled up and hidden and now, even under the sun the finish is 'near' flawless!
(It'd be really flawless if I had a DA polisher! :( )

anyways here are the pics! enjoy
Not bad at all !!

With that color you MUST use Wolfgang paint Restorer & the deep gloss paint sealant (or Klasse). Try the collinite liq. insulator wax on top. You will need to wear a pair of dark glasses when you look at the car after!!

Wet Ice over fire ? Have you used Blackfire ? If yes any feedback? Is it better than Pinnacle Signature Series II ?

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks