Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 23:19   #2251
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!! then I need to try collinite or wolfgang stuff!! might need to place a blind trust in 20north guys again!! (hate doing that)

btw I didn't use Blackfire, but had read some of their tutorials(with their products in it)
I just followed their steps with what I had available with me!

Their website is really impressive and really encourages you to try their waxes and sealants!
I'll try to get some other things over next few months and try them out!
Old 9th May 2010, 15:32   #2252
BHPian

Watermark on rear window

Guys, have a small problem. My car has picked up watermarks only on the boot and rear window due to the car not being fully under the portico when it rained.

The boot is fine after a quick shampoo/rubbing compound/wax. However, the marks still remain on the glass window since i cannot use rubbing compound there. Two lines of trickled water can clearly be seen at night when another car behind you has his headlights on.

Any suggestions ? It has not gone after 2 shampoo washes.
Old 9th May 2010, 17:42   #2253
Senior - BHPian

Try cleaning the spots with some vinegar!

this might help - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dshield-2.html
Old 9th May 2010, 23:13   #2254
BHPian

I 2nd that, vinegar with water of course you can add a little priil or similar( If you add liquid handsoap it will be milder and more fragrant, use on interior glass also), that will give you the best glass cleaner and damn cheap, don't let it get on you clear coat though, it will be stronger than bird sugar!

Last edited by stefanm : 9th May 2010 at 23:15.
Old 10th May 2010, 08:55   #2255
BHPian

@ Sohail & Stefan : Thanks for the prompt response used a 50:50 vinegar water solution and wiped it off with cotton wool. Works like a charm.
Old 11th May 2010, 15:49   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody state whether this polisher is a good buy or not.
eBay India: Auto Car Polisher (item 180495019893 end time 17-May-2010 00:42:08 IST)
Old 11th May 2010, 19:55   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Can anybody state whether this polisher is a good buy or not.
eBay India: Auto Car Polisher (item 180495019893 end time 17-May-2010 00:42:08 IST)
The item looks great, I'll be satisfied if it helps my arms from buffing.
Will order one soon
Old 11th May 2010, 21:05   #2258
BHPian

Guys I bought Jopasu duster and its magic wipe last sunday. Thanks to mailmishra for sharing the contact of the salesguy. I bought the mini kit (car duster + magic wipe + shampoo) for 600 (MRP675). The products are nice and i think it will extent the shine on my car. The sales guy is Milind and I had a nice experience with him. Would like to share his contact with anyone if required. I also learnt that if we have a bigger order then we can get better discounts. So anyone looking to buy their products (around new mumbay), let us know here on the forum. BTW i would be interetsed in buying their hand glove mini duster.

I was looking for a foam buff pad for my buffing machine. Our Esteem is now 7yrs old and I think polishing it once would improve its looks a lot. I had been to a local paint shop and found one from 3M. Its the one the local mechanincs use for polishing. Was quoted 350 for it. My question here is
1) Is this the right price?
2) What would be a nice polish to be used with the machine? I am looking for mild polishes and I guess waxes with mild polishes would also do the job. Advice needed.

sohail, any experiences on the above?
Old 11th May 2010, 21:20   #2259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
The item looks great, I'll be satisfied if it helps my arms from buffing.
Will order one soon
Please do post your reviews. However it seems it will be taking power from car battery. The only aspect of worry is it works on Car battery, not sure how effective it will be!
Old 11th May 2010, 23:12   #2260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
2) What would be a nice polish to be used with the machine? I am looking for mild polishes and I guess waxes with mild polishes would also do the job. Advice needed.

sohail, any experiences on the above?
Are you getting a foam polishing pad??(check out the attached pic!)
don't use wool pads as they cut like crazy!!

2. as you'll be using a rotary, I'd suggest the mildest(finest) polish possible!
as with a rotary, you cut through the clear quite quickly!

A DA polisher is safer(if you're machine polishing for the first time) as it cuts slowly and the risk of paint burn is minimum!

regarding the polishes, I have 'Sonax car polish' which states on its back label that 'Can also be used with polishing machine' (I bought it from Reliance Autozone)

I guess that'd work!

btw you've GOT to read this article before machine polishing! - Machine Polishing by Rotary Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-mgu_w8000_lg.jpg  

Old 12th May 2010, 10:30   #2261
BHPian

Thanks for the link there. Ill have to go through it on a sunday afternoon.

Unfortunately I do not have a DA polisher and will be using my rotary polisher.

The pad im talking about is a 3M foam pad. Similar to the picture but has a wavy surface (I hope you understand). I will be using this only for polishing. I was quoted Rs 350 for it. Is the price ok?

For polishing, I was considering this waxpol product: 2K RUBBING COMPOUND.

Suggestions and recommendations pls. I am looking for something mild and easily available in the market.
Old 12th May 2010, 10:43   #2262
Senior - BHPian

OK! I have an attached pic

btw the waxpol compound looks like it'd work!

for older paintwork, you might need a glaze to revive the shine(if its a dark color)

regarding the price, I have no idea! couldn't find any foam pads here(had to make my own! lol)
can you tell me from where you're getting them?

and here someone quoted like 750/- for the buffing pad alone!!
Attached Images

Old 12th May 2010, 10:54   #2263
BHPian

Yes. Thats how it looks. Its called waffle face. Its indeed 3M perfect it foam pad but in grey color. The only difference on the pad i saw was that its rear end (with the velcro) was flat like in your previous picture and unlike this. The size i found is perfect for my machine.

There is a correction, the price is Rs.450. I think thats fine because if you convert the cost in USD to INR, this price looks justified. I saw it at a paint and carcare product dealer in navi mumbai and its next to the many car detailing shops at sec19C Vashi. I was looking for a foam pad and my mechanic told me they got their products there.

The esteem is white. I think ill try the waxpol product. But that will not be before 2 weeks.
Old 12th May 2010, 11:45   #2264
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Got some stuff from the US, not much but some meguiars supreme shine, UQW and NXT liquid. Will be posting to those in order of prio who had requested
Had put a coat of NXT paste about 15 days back, served extremely well in the rains here.
Going slow on my car, as am going to sell it(have a good reason only) so feeling nostalgic when i go out to treat it! Wish the new owner will take good care of her, wish find such a buyer who values a well maintained car!!!
Old 12th May 2010, 12:17   #2265
BHPian

I just saw the ad in the classifieds section after our conversation yesterday and was wondering why you were going to sell it off. Well the new owner will be lucky to get a well maintained beauty .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks