Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 21:32   #3001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Anyways, today the sun was shining bright so I decided to take some pics of the bonnet I did yesterday(with P21S carnauba wax)

I was surprised to see that the bonnet was nearly 88% swirl(random micro-scratches) free!
Damn Sohail - how do you do that!
One silly question - do you drive your car at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

Blackasta
- Thats some serious shine ! We can see all the ridges on the coconut tree & even the expressions on the doggies face
Thanks - unfortunately the car is now coated in polluting cover of dust all over. Just takes a day of commute.

Quote:

btw I was using the MF cloth that came in with collinite845( I think its the 'cobra' brand one)

Actually I started with megs supreme shine which I had washed and ziplocked. But, for some reason it started linting!(very fine lints reflecting sunlight abnormally!)

so I had to switch towels.

Boiled the supreme shine towel in water for like 15 mins and its as good as new!
Thats interesting - my meg's MF ones did not lint till now.
Anyways - the one supplied with Collinite845 is not bad for buffing.
Old 24th August 2010, 21:35   #3002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
@ Nirmal : Your "Red" BEAUTY looks wonderful. Need to attempt the same at my end.

I was wondering we generally polish only the sidewalls of the tyres and not the thread zone. Are you sure it will not have any effect on the thread when we polish the same.

Love your efforts anyway
Thanks ! This kind of finish is surely possible by anybody, with the right products & most importantly, right technique

Only the sidewalls of the tyre can be polished, (after proper cleaning & drying) as applying super slick tire shine polish on the tread would make the tire lose grip on the road !

Sohail - The one which came with the Collinite is good for buffing off wax ! Btw, Is it safe to boil micro fiber towels !? Wont the heat melt the fibers ?

Some of my Megs towels were linting once too, but then i realized i had washed them in the machine along with a cotton cloth Washed them another round & linting disappeared.
Old 24th August 2010, 23:11   #3003
BHPian

How do you people apply Collinite? Asking since unlike other waxes and sealants, a foam pad was not supplied along with it. I feel cotton using waste may result in wastage of the wax!
Old 24th August 2010, 23:18   #3004
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sid! Really-really appreciate it!

@Nirmal - btw here's a article I read regarding microfibers - Boiling microfiber and keeping them clean - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
Old 24th August 2010, 23:20   #3005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
How do you people apply Collinite? Asking since unlike other waxes and sealants, a foam pad was not supplied along with it. I feel cotton using waste may result in wastage of the wax!
I used the foam pad I got with nxt tech wax. I would advise that you get a foam applicator (available from sonax).
Old 25th August 2010, 07:49   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I used the foam pad I got with nxt tech wax. I would advise that you get a foam applicator (available from sonax).
Thanks. I will use the same after one more coat of the techwax2.
Old 25th August 2010, 08:15   #3007
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Can someone please help me with tips for removing Oil/Tar Stains from White paint work?

I saw spot on the side of my Punto after a long drive through the city in Rain. Tried removing with Amway car shampoo was able to get some of them off but some are very stubborn and the soapy liquid has no effect.

Please guys, this is a SOS!!
Old 25th August 2010, 10:15   #3008
Senior - BHPian

This page might be helpful - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-home-193.html
Old 25th August 2010, 10:16   #3009
BHPian

use diesel to remove the stains , keep the diesel soaked cloth on stains for few seconds and watch the tar dissolve away.

remember to wash that area with shampoo afterwards.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:56   #3010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
use diesel to remove the stains , keep the diesel soaked cloth on stains for few seconds and watch the tar dissolve away.

remember to wash that area with shampoo afterwards.
Quote:
Thanks a lot guys! with over 3000 post in this thread, it was hard search for exact answers.

I will be trying kerosene first, since its easier to procure and will remember to wash with shampoo after removing the stain.

Has anyone tried these solutions, how are safe are they for the paint-work?
Old 25th August 2010, 11:42   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
I will be trying kerosene first, since its easier to procure and will remember to wash with shampoo after removing the stain.

Has anyone tried these solutions, how are safe are they for the paint-work?
I would suggest try diesel as compared to kerosene.
Dont know about if kerosene is better or lower grade of petroleum products, and other things, but diesel is tried by many.
I have used diesel for my white swift a few times. Once there were lot of tar marks, as I had to drive on an under construction road.

The only thing you need to be careful while applying diesel is to make sure, it doesnt touch rubber/plastic parts, any unpainted, or plastic exposed areas of bumper, as diesel can melt plastic, and the marks of it would stay. I faced this while cleaning my bumper with diesel, and there was a small place where the paint on bumper came, and I mistook it to be a tar mark as well.
Actually diesel is easier to buy, go to a petrol bunk, and ask for a 10/15 rs worth of diesel, and fill in the bottle.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:48   #3012
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot. All you reassurances and experiences helped muster some guts to try out Diesel on my white baby (baby cos its 45 days old ). Although its a 1.2 petrol, the diesel worked great, to remove the Oil/Tar Stains i mean. It was magically simple.

Thanks again.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:22   #3013
Senior - BHPian

I am starting work on detailing my car. Planning to place an order for the Meguiar's Complete Car Care Kit from Amazon. Ordering a California duster as well. Will use the Borderlinx for shipping to India.

Last edited by vasoo : 25th August 2010 at 15:26.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:22   #3014
BHPian

good to see you are happy , diesel is a lot simple and safe to use then kerosene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I am starting on working on detailing my car. Planning to place an order for the Meguiar's Complete Care Care Kit from Amazon. Ordering a California duster as well. Will use the Borderlinx for shipping to India.

Great , but do include a good wax (NXT tech wax 2.0) and a couple of microfiber cloths , polish can be purchased in india only (Sonax auto polish).

Waiting for first hand review of borderlinx. but get a confermation of shipping of liquid products as its quite a hassel in air transport.

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 25th August 2010 at 15:28.
Old 27th August 2010, 08:13   #3015
BHPian

Removing White Paint from Silver Swift

Today was my day

A white bus just nicked my swift from the left. Luckily no damage, but the white paint from the bus got transferred to the body of the bumper and fender. There was no time to check it out and stop the guy.

Can anyone guide me in removing the white paint off the body. Does deisel help ? Or should I try the rubbing compound ?

HELP. I never had any nick on my car till date. Waiting for all your replies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks