Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:20   #3106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Dear BHP'ians

Finally I have found another means of ordering stuff from US.
I have just placed my first order through the same
Have fun placing your orders here
Great! let us know you experience after you get the goods delivery. BTW what all did you order ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
FF did not give me any such warning. Besides, I think ICICI is affiliated to that site.
Yes, indeed ICICI is affiliated to this site; I remember getting those ICICI promo emails couple of months back for this site.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 2nd September 2010 at 14:20. Reason: spell check
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:16   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
prices are quite impressive (tech wax liquid for RS 1600 ).but any reviews ???
This is much better than 20north.com. Of late their prices are insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Great! let us know you experience after you get the goods delivery. BTW what all did you order ?
Sure will do. What will a team-bhpian order...

I have ordered a Meguiar's Smooth surface clay kit and Meguiars professional detailing clay (mild one).

Last edited by csateesh : 2nd September 2010 at 15:18.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:03   #3108
BHPian

[quote=csateesh;2052911]This is much better than 20north.com. Of late their prices are insane.
quote]

Is the site reliable? I saw apart from the cost of the item they also added some amount for customs duties. So does that mean we are eligible for free shipping? I'm a little confused with the whole concept of the site
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:39   #3109
BHPian

I had a chat with Aditya from the websites' live chat. Was enquiring about the car care products etc... He mentioned that the price quoted includes shipping and customs, but then when i tried to check out the customs gets added again.

Also he mentioned upto 10k there is no customs duty.. Confused.....
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:58   #3110
BANNED

I also had chat with the same guy yesterday.

He said when you do the Checkout after adding item, at that time whatever price is shown will be final and customs will be shown separately.

Further regarding getting the product Duty FREE , you need to have a valid Overseas address from where you can show that it is a gift to you and only in that case it will be duty FREE, provided the product value is less than Rs. 10,000
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:03   #3111
Senior - BHPian

^Maybe shopyourworld's office in NJ can show that they are sending a gift to the 'customer' thereby waiving off the customs!!

Possible?
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:29   #3112
BANNED

Sohail

I checked that option as well. Adithya said that they can not use their office address to declare it as GIFT.

The address should be of any individual like friend, relative or friend's friend or relative like that.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:37   #3113
BHPian

i think we have to wait for csateesh order to reach here before ordering any new item !!

EDIT : do you need to login to the website to be able to add item in cart from amazon.com ???

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 3rd September 2010 at 13:38.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:05   #3114
Senior - BHPian

I have used 20North's duty free option to ship stuff in the name of my dad. Same address as mine! Guess the same works for shopyourworld.
IMO shopyourworld is better as you get access to amazon - which sells almost any object under the sun. If shopyourworld's courier service is good, we have got a nice (albeit pricey) channel to order some quality stuff.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:18   #3115
BHPian

Quote:
i think we have to wait for csateesh order to reach here before ordering any new item !!

EDIT : do you need to login to the website to be able to add item in cart from amazon.com ???
Not logged into amazon. But I couldnt add from amazon until I was logged into this site.
Old 4th September 2010, 09:15   #3116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Is the site reliable? I saw apart from the cost of the item they also added some amount for customs duties. So does that mean we are eligible for free shipping? I'm a little confused with the whole concept of the site
Pras,

The custom duty charges are indeed included in the FLP !! But somehow they extend a discount that matches closely the customs which kind of makes you feel that they are waiving the custom's duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
I had a chat with Aditya from the websites' live chat. Was enquiring about the car care products etc... He mentioned that the price quoted includes shipping and customs, but then when i tried to check out the customs gets added again.

Also he mentioned upto 10k there is no customs duty.. Confused.....
@ Funnyguru - My explanation to pras may help here

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
I also had chat with the same guy yesterday.

He said when you do the Checkout after adding item, at that time whatever price is shown will be final and customs will be shown separately.

Further regarding getting the product Duty FREE , you need to have a valid Overseas address from where you can show that it is a gift to you and only in that case it will be duty FREE, provided the product value is less than Rs. 10,000
@ Micrographics - This is so very true !! I am checking with relatives in the US to see if they are fine with me using their address. With identity theft on the rise in the US this is something that has been bothering me and my relatives / friends in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^Maybe shopyourworld's office in NJ can show that they are sending a gift to the 'customer' thereby waiving off the customs!!

Possible?
@ Sohail this isn't possible and I think this is what our friends at 20north used to do but of late they have become greedy and their prices are shooting north

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Sohail

I checked that option as well. Adithya said that they can not use their office address to declare it as GIFT.

The address should be of any individual like friend, relative or friend's friend or relative like that.
@ Micrographics - Yes you are right but what would be the implications of the using it in this site is something that I currently evaluating

Quote:

@ Notorious - Hopefully the experience is positive. As of now it has been indeed. Out of the 2 items one of it has already reached Bombay hub

Yes you need to be logged in to shop your world. And when you add the items from Amazon it gets added to the shop your world cart and not to the cart of amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I have used 20North's duty free option to ship stuff in the name of my dad. Same address as mine! Guess the same works for shopyourworld.
IMO shopyourworld is better as you get access to amazon - which sells almost any object under the sun. If shopyourworld's courier service is good, we have got a nice (albeit pricey) channel to order some quality stuff.
@ blackasta : Yes 20north allows you to ship gift from the same address. Shopyourworld doesn't allow this. From my testing it doesn't allow the gift to be shipped if the sender and receiver are registered in the same country.. Just to make it clear it doesn't allow the country to be the same for the receiver of the gift .. Call it correct by construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Not logged into amazon. But I couldnt add from amazon until I was logged into this site.
@pras - Yes your understanding is right

I am eagerly waiting for the shipment to arrive so that I can use the ramzan long weekend to deck up my ride

Cheers
Old 4th September 2010, 09:48   #3117
BHPian

to be true , even now i cant understand the whole concept but yes ,if your order is delivered on time then they can expect few more from my side and team bhp!!!

OT : saw a pack of 36 M/F cloths 16" X 16" for 1900

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 4th September 2010 at 09:50.
Old 4th September 2010, 10:01   #3118
BHPian

I guess for around 2k the meguiars or the mother's claying kit is a real steal. MF cloth, 2 50g bars, detailing lubricant, sample wax all comes in the pack. Do update us once you receive your package
Old 4th September 2010, 10:47   #3119
Senior - BHPian

Got the following items on Amazon. My friend will bring them.
Delivery estimate: September 1, 2010 - September 4, 2010
1"Meguiar's G1016 Smooth Surface Clay Kit"
Automotive; $18.49
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1"Meguiar's G17216 Ultimate Compound"
Automotive; $9.00
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
Old 4th September 2010, 13:14   #3120
Senior - BHPian

I ordered some Meguiar stuff on Amazon for delivery through Borderlinx. The total price came to about $30 which qualified for free shipping within US by amazon. The items have already reached my suite address with Borderlinx in about 3 days. However Borderlinx rips by charging $84 for shipping them to India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks