Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 18:19   #3211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
Start a thead in the forum and start posting. Be nice but sound frustrated.

Rgds
I opened up an account in Megs forum and should start posting pretty soon.
Old 14th September 2010, 20:44   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Good find Sateesh. He's in Boag Road which is heart of the city and close by.

Hope he gets his stocks soon.
Old 14th September 2010, 21:17   #3213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
@ Blackasta : Once you have started the post do let me know and we shall add our inputs too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Good find Sateesh. He's in Boag Road which is heart of the city and close by.

Hope he gets his stocks soon.
@ Brix : I am from Bangalore. He is ready to do a complete car detail for 2500 (for an Accent). His clientele includes who's who from TTK and a number of VVIP's

Try speaking to him (Ganesh). His gripe is that he doesn't have a lot of support from Meguiars

If you do manage to talk to him let him know about team-bhp.com as I mentioned about our problem when I was in Chennai the last time around.

Cheers
Old 14th September 2010, 22:12   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely let us know, so that we can also put up our thoughts in the thread.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:18   #3215
BHPian

just ordered few Megs products from Amazon, and shipped to a friend's address, who would be coming to India next month:

Meguiar's M2016 Mirror Glaze 20 Polymer Sealant - $19.55
Meguiar's G1016 Smooth Surface Clay Kit - $18.49
Meguiar's G14422 Ultimate Quick Detailer - $10.55
Meguiar's X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt - $6.63
Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber - Pack of 3 - $6.99
Meguiar's X2000 Water Magnet Drying Towel - $8.99

Total is $71.20. Two day Shipping is free for me (within US) since I have the Amazon Prime account. So, now starts my wait and keeping my fingers crossed. I was also looking at Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, but I have the Collinite 845, so I guess it will not be needed. Any suggestions on the order, anyone?
Old 14th September 2010, 22:21   #3216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Any suggestions on the order, anyone?
Pretty good lineup - but you might well add meg's scratchx 2.0 and meg's UC too.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:44   #3217
BHPian

Blackasta - Will join you on the Megs Online forum soon !

Raghu - Following are must have Meguiars products for your basic needs to start off !

- Clay kit - to clean the surface of any bonded contaminants
- Ultimate compound - to smoothen down any scratches or deep swirls
- Micro fiber towels - for buffing/cleaning - atleast 6 nos
- Nxt Tech Wax 2.0 - laying on sealant
- Applicator pads - applying UC/NXT

You can also consider :
- Gold class Tire gel - for long lasting tire shine
- Ultimate protectant - to restore & protect your interior & exterior plastics, rubber etc.
If you want you can pick up Sonax shampoo from any Shell bunk or Spar which is really good. A jopasu duster is also a good buy to remove light dust.

You can also check out the various videos available on the Meguiars& Autogeek site to understand how to use them, if you have any doubts, we are all here to clarify them

Autogeek has awesome customer service & some discounts from time to time. I haven't used Amazon but i hear they are good too.

Buntydey - Nice order ! You can use the Meguiar's M2016 Mirror Glaze 20 Polymer Sealant instead of Nxt tech wax. Layer on 2 ~ 3 thin coats of it, with a 24 hour curing time in between,then you can protect it with 2 thin coats of Collinite 845. Ive done it & it gives awesome protection !!

You can also consider :
- Ultimate compound - to smoothen scratches, swirls
- Ultimate protectant - to restore & protect your interior & exterior plastics, rubber etc.

PS : How about applicator pads ? You can also consider buying some more microfiber towels, along with a California/Jopasu duster !
Old 15th September 2010, 08:59   #3218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just ordered few Megs products from Amazon, and shipped to a friend's address, who would be coming to India next month:

Meguiar's M2016 Mirror Glaze 20 Polymer Sealant - $19.55
Meguiar's G1016 Smooth Surface Clay Kit - $18.49
Meguiar's G14422 Ultimate Quick Detailer - $10.55
Meguiar's X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt - $6.63
Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber - Pack of 3 - $6.99
Meguiar's X2000 Water Magnet Drying Towel - $8.99

Total is $71.20. Two day Shipping is free for me (within US) since I have the Amazon Prime account. So, now starts my wait and keeping my fingers crossed. I was also looking at Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, but I have the Collinite 845, so I guess it will not be needed. Any suggestions on the order, anyone?
Great line up of CC products buddy. Really looking forward to the end results of yours. Do share some pics of your ride, BEFORE and AFTER for comparison.

@ all: Few months back i inquired about the Megs products and got a mail regarding the locations from where i can place the order here in India. They also provided an excel sheet stating the various products they have in stock. Can upload the file if its of use to someone.
Old 15th September 2010, 10:47   #3219
BHPian

One question.

Megs has an India specific site. Meguiar's India

But when I click on the "Shop Online" feature it goes to the products list page. And even after clicking on a product the price or "Add to Cart" does not appear.

Is the website inactive or is it that it doesn't work?
Old 15th September 2010, 11:02   #3220
BHPian

NOS power - The India section is currently inactive, thats what we have been discussin about in the previous posts, Black asta has registered on the Meguiars online forum & we can all register there too & convey our message to Meguiars to set up shop in India soon
Old 15th September 2010, 12:34   #3221
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks,
First post in this section, so first of all hello to all.
The way some of you guys have managed to keep your cars in such pristine shape blows me away. I have not managed to read all the pages but have just skimmed through the past 4-5.

I've been very keen on maintaining my bike, and the only product that I have ever used in the past 9 years is Formula 1 wax paste. And my bike does look quite decent till date.

Now I've got myself a used car and am very keen to detail my car to restore and perhaps improve its sheen. For that I've got myself Collinite 845. Next is a clay bar, some microfiber towels, tire care and alloy care.

For MF Towels I am thinking of getting this. BB Impex (P) Ltd. India, MicroFiber 4 Piece Set. Do you think its good enough? The asking price is almost 1K.

I am also keen on the jopasu car duster. Is anything missing in my lineup? I am not sure which products to buy. Once I have a list ready I will head to Opera House to get 'em.

Would love to hear from you.

All the best and keep it shining.

Hiren
Old 15th September 2010, 12:49   #3222
Senior - BHPian

@hiren: Polish, pure (amway, dupont) or abrasive (sonax) depending on the paint condition, something for interior detailing (dashboard shine, seat cover cleaners) and a car wash shampoo (I use Amway's and its pretty impressive)

Rest you already have plans of getting clay bar, mf towels, jopasu duster, tyre & alloy shiner.

As for MFs I've used the regular ones sold at BPCL In & Out outlets & Jopasu MFs. Jopasu definitely has a better quality MFs but not certain if they are 600 gsm. You may want to mail BB and check what gsm their MFs are. 600 gsm rating-wise are good MF towels compared to the ones (350 gsm) sold mostly.
Old 15th September 2010, 14:24   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Great line up of CC products buddy. Really looking forward to the end results of yours. Do share some pics of your ride, BEFORE and AFTER for comparison.

@ all: Few months back i inquired about the Megs products and got a mail regarding the locations from where i can place the order here in India. They also provided an excel sheet stating the various products they have in stock. Can upload the file if its of use to someone.
Thanks Buddy. I will definitely post the before and after pics. Yes, please upload the excel file of the various meg product prices available in India. Also, the location details would be great to know.
Old 15th September 2010, 15:49   #3224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
NOS power - The India section is currently inactive, thats what we have been discussin about in the previous posts, Black asta has registered on the Meguiars online forum & we can all register there too & convey our message to Meguiars to set up shop in India soon
Started a thread in megs forum on this issue:

Meguiars in India - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

Quote:
Thanks Buddy. I will definitely post the before and after pics. Yes, please upload the excel file of the various meg product prices available in India. Also, the location details would be great to know.
Please upload the excel!
Old 15th September 2010, 16:15   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Raghu - Following are must have Meguiars products for your basic needs to start off !

- Clay kit - to clean the surface of any bonded contaminants
- Ultimate compound - to smoothen down any scratches or deep swirls
- Micro fiber towels - for buffing/cleaning - atleast 6 nos
- Nxt Tech Wax 2.0 - laying on sealant
- Applicator pads - applying UC/NXT

You can also consider :
If you want you can pick up Sonax shampoo from any Shell bunk or Spar which is really good. A jopasu duster is also a good buy to remove light dust.

You can also check out the various videos available on the Meguiars& Autogeek site to understand how to use them, if you have any doubts, we are all here to clarify them

Autogeek has awesome customer service & some discounts from time to time. I haven't used Amazon but i hear they are good too.
Thanks a ton Nirmal,

I have sent a mail to my cousin.

Cheers
Raghu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks