Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:02   #3331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Actually, this particular car accessory shop never ceases to amaze me. Everytime I go there, they have something totally new and recognized in their car detailing stall inside.
I am in Faridabad too, could you please share which shop it is and its address. I need the quick detailer nanowax spray as well.
Old 24th September 2010, 09:41   #3332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Yes sir! Cost me around 350 from a local store.
Thanks buddy! Will get 2 bottles today. It costs around the same here in Hypercity.

Quote:

Guys, I want something which is not at all abrasive. I needed to buy a quick detailer which was purely wax and nothing abrasive.

Also, I enquired them about microfiber towels, they have only 3M ones available with them which they will be getting for me by tomorrow morning.
From what I could understand from their website, this product conceals minor scratches and swirl marks so I reckon it might be mildly abrasive.

Can you share the costs of 3M MF towels and nanowax spray. I am also looking for something similar. Might order it online from gamutauto.com

I am guessing this is the spray you got.

Cheers
Old 24th September 2010, 10:22   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
From what I could understand from their website, this product conceals minor scratches and swirl marks so I reckon it might be mildly abrasive.
You say it is mildly abrasive, so is it a cause of worry if I wish to use it once a week on my new car's paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Can you share the costs of 3M MF towels and nanowax spray. I am also looking for something similar. Might order it online from gamutauto.com

I am guessing this is the spray you got.

Cheers
The bottle is similar for sure. Although, McLaren(I think) on the package is orange in colour.
But, it seems genuine with Valvoline Cummins' Importer's Sticker and all.
Regarding 3M microfiber, I am yet to buy them, will go there by 12:00PM. I think he mentioned something close to Rs. 100 per towel.
The EagleOne nanowax spray costed me Rs. 360 after a discount (MRP being Rs. 400 on the Importer's sticker).
Old 24th September 2010, 10:26   #3334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi Everyone. Here is an update.
I called Swetadri Associates at Bangalore and was informed that 3M has taken over Meguiars worldwide and hence there is a stock shortage currently.

I am going to their Basaweshwaranagar office this evening to check what they have. They do not have the "Ultimate Compound" that I was looking for though
Hi Devdath,

How did the visit go? where there any products of interest?

Iam planning to go this weekend based on your feedback.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 24th September 2010, 10:43   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You say it is mildly abrasive, so is it a cause of worry if I wish to use it once a week on my new car's paint?

The bottle is similar for sure. Although, McLaren(I think) on the package is orange in colour.
Regarding 3M microfiber, I am yet to buy them, will go there by 12:00PM. I think he mentioned something close to Rs. 100 per towel.
The EagleOne nanowax spray costed me Rs. 360 after a discount (MRP being Rs. 400 on the Importer's sticker).
It claims to hide minor swirls and scratches as it contains fillers and mild paint cleaners!

its perfectly paint safe and you can even layer it!

as for spray, it only contains fillers to fill in these minor scratches and gives an impression of a flawless finish.

You would want to stay away from Abro carnauba wax!! That thing has abrasives straight out of a 1500grit sandpaper!!!
(good for super neglected and hopeless finishes! but Still I'd never recommend anything that abrasive!!)

Last edited by sohail99 : 24th September 2010 at 10:45.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:13   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I was confused too, there's a seller on ebay.in who's selling this spray. I enquired which is the exact product he is selling. He replied saying the product packing listed on the eagle one website (the link I gave you) is of an older design. It seems the one with orange McLaren is the newer one.

I am not sure though, and even he is quoting INR 360 for the spray along with free shipping. Will order it today.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-nanowax-_12.jpg  

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 24th September 2010 at 11:15.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:53   #3337
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Abro carnauba wax contains abrasives ?! Sounds strange to have carnauba & abrasives together in a product

I was trying to register on the gamut auto site yesterday but was not able to, if some one has ordered, can you please post the feedback ?

I found the Sonax wheel cleaner gel to be interesting, if someone has used, please post your experience too !
Old 24th September 2010, 14:01   #3338
Senior - BHPian

I got my Meguiar's and Mothers kits delivered today from SYW. Excellent service, half as expensive as Borderlinx and quick delivery (10 days from the date of order). I would highly recommend them for buying stuff from overseas.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:13   #3339
BHPian

I have gone through this 223 page post on car detailing, not completely but skimmed through it.

Is there any viable solution to removing swirl marks on the windshield?
I have tried to obtain 3M Glass cleaner but am unable to do so.

Changing my windshield is the only other option and it would obviously save me a lot of money if someone can help.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:00   #3340
BHPian

Vasoo - Can you please share with us the feedback about the same ?
The price you paid, the shipping charges, any customs duty ?

What all are the items that you ordered ? Please post the pics, before & after
Old 24th September 2010, 19:56   #3341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Vasoo - Can you please share with us the feedback about the same ?
The price you paid, the shipping charges, any customs duty ?

What all are the items that you ordered ? Please post the pics, before & after
I had already mentioned about the item and shipping costs earlier on this thread. Got it through shopyourworld.com. See one "before" picture!
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-megs.jpg  

Old 24th September 2010, 20:37   #3342
Senior - BHPian

Now that I have all the items as per the 5-step car care plan, I need more clothes, that is microfiber and other stuff like wash mitts etc. So here is my latest order on SYW. Hope to get them delivered in two weeks. These items are worth about $42 on Amazon US. Looks like a decent deal considering the shipping costs others charge.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-order-sept-25.jpg  

Old 24th September 2010, 20:47   #3343
Senior - BHPian

With respext to the 5 steps of car care, I have the following items now.

1. Wash: Megs NXT car wash
2. Clean: Mothers paint saving clay kit
3. Polish: Megs UC, may not be exactly a polish though
4. Wax: Megs Nxt Tech Wax
5. Maintain: Megs quick Ultimate Detailer

Some more for wheels..

1. Mothers All Wheel and Tire Cleaner
2. Megs Insane Shine Tire Spray

Now I will need something for the windshield, interior and leather. Any recommendations?
Old 24th September 2010, 20:59   #3344
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
With respext to the 5 steps of car care, I have the following items now.

1. Wash: Megs NXT car wash
2. Clean: Mothers paint saving clay kit
3. Polish: Megs UC, may not be exactly a polish though
4. Wax: Megs Nxt Tech Wax
5. Maintain: Megs quick Ultimate Detailer

Some more for wheels..

1. Mothers All Wheel and Tire Cleaner
2. Megs Insane Shine Tire Spray

Now I will need something for the windshield, interior and leather. Any recommendations?
You also need quality micro, though i saw that you ordered zwipes, its worth to have 3M Blue ones and Megs Supreme shine. I can help you get both, just PM me.( if you still need)

Quote:

The yellow 3M are good- but only for buffing, the blue ones are not sold outside and are THE BEST and most durable. I have used and they undoubtedly are tough and worth the money.
Old 24th September 2010, 22:20   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post

Vasoo- Congrats May your collection keep growing !
Since you've got the clay bar, you can clay all the glasses too, & check out the difference ! For regular maintenance, i use Colin spray, you can try out the Sonax range too. Sonax has a good interior cleaner (300 rs) that you can pick up at any Shell bunk/SPAR. Its good to clear up stains on the plastic & seat fabric.

Leather im using the Megs cleaner & conditioner. Awesome lotion, cleans gently & conditions without getting messy. When applying, do it in the evening & leave it overnight to dry off.

Looks like its going to be busy weekend for you, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
You also need quality micro, though i saw that you ordered zwipes, its worth to have 3M Blue ones and Megs Supreme shine. I can help you get both, just PM me.( if you still need)

The yellow 3M are good- but only for buffing, the blue ones are not sold outside and are THE BEST and most durable. I have used and they undoubtedly are tough and worth the money.
I agree with MKH, you will never regret getting the blue ones, I have a few of them & theyre really made for the rough & tough. I use them for wiping off water post washing, cleaning glass etc. Have washed them a couple of times & there is no change.

The Megs ones are best for buffing, though they do start showing their age after a couple of washes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks