Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:26   #3316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post

Looking forward to your replies.
What I would sugest for the works (all available in india):

wash - turtle wax platinum series performance car wash. Way better than F1 wash n wax. More concentrated and 1 capful in a bucket can wash 2 small hatchbacks.

clean - you might try to get jopasu clay. But its difficult as they are not ready to ship.

polish - use sonax auto polish.

wax - use waxpol carnauba wax (orange tin). Let it cure for 24 hours and layer with collinite 845.

Maintain - Eagle one nanowax spray. I heard that this is available via ebay. Or else you can use F1 spray wax.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:30   #3317
Senior - BHPian

Wash is ok! (if you dont wanna spend more on it!)
Once you get over with F1 wash and wax, do try TW precision series car shampoo/wash

Formula1 car wax is a cleaner wax and it kinda covers 1/4th of cleaning, mild polishing with a lil' protection!!
To effectively use a cleaner wax you have to wipe it on, work it in and then let it haze and wipe it off!

It'll leave behind a lil' protection. After 12 hours of completing the detail job, top the whole car with collinite 845

but nothing comes close to a dedicated polishing and waxing job!(check out the products in the above post!)

Maintain - I've used Formula1 spray wax and their instant detailer. Spray wax is a lil' too viscous IMO! (+ kinda doesn't smell nice!)
and the microfiber I used became a lil' too saturated with it and started smearing all over!

it does give a shine, but nanowax is a lil' easier to work with

you can also try nanowax spray if you don't like Formula1 spray wax.

I've not tried express shine! but I like all the spray waxes and detailers so I'd get it!(just to try out)

Last edited by sohail99 : 23rd September 2010 at 10:34.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:37   #3318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post

wash - turtle wax platinum series performance car wash. Way better than F1 wash n wax. More concentrated and 1 capful in a bucket can wash 2 small hatchbacks.

clean - you might try to get jopasu clay. But its difficult as they are not ready to ship.

wax - use waxpol carnauba wax (orange tin). Let it cure for 24 hours and layer with collinite 845.

Maintain - Eagle one nanowax spray. I heard that this is available via ebay. Or else you can use F1 spray wax.
Thanks blackasta. You guys are mighty quick.
Regarding Jopasu, I've emailed the guy many days ago regarding clay, but still no response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Wash is ok! (if you dont wanna spend more on it!)
Once you get over with F1 wash and wax, do try TW precision series car shampoo/wash

Formula1 car wax is a cleaner wax and it kinda covers 1/4th of cleaning, mild polishing with a lil' protection!!
To effectively use a cleaner wax you have to wipe it on, work it in and then let it haze and wipe it off!

It'll leave behind a lil' protection. After 12 hours of completing the detail job, top the whole car with collinite 845

but nothing comes close to a dedicated polishing and waxing job!(check out the products in the above post!)

Maintain - I've used Formula1 spray wax and their instant detailer. Spray wax is a lil' too viscous IMO! (+ kinda doesn't smell nice!)
and the microfiber I used became a lil' too saturated with it and started smearing all over!

it does give a shine, but nanowax is a lil' easier to work with

you can also try nanowax spray if you don't like Formula1 spray wax.

I've not tried express shine! but I like all the spray waxes and detailers so I'd get it!(just to try out)
This is just perfect. Thanks Sohail!
You fellas deserve reps for this.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 23rd September 2010 at 10:38.
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:02   #3319
Senior - BHPian

@ sagarpadaki, nandans2005, NOTORIOUS, samsag12 and blackasta

Thanks for all the replies and encouragement.

I will do the job this weekend and post the results.

Washing and waxing the car seems like an interesting and productive way of burning some extra calories.

Rohan
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:18   #3320
Senior - BHPian

What about this spray polish.
SILKY TOUCH POLISH It says silicone resin polish. Will it remove the layer of wax or can be used as a substitute to quick detailing.
Attached Images

Old 23rd September 2010, 12:10   #3321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
If you want to wax the windows for water repulsion! then I'd recommend TurtleWax rain repellant!!
But don't get any other wax or polish (other than glass polish) on the glass: it is a recipe for smears and hard to get off again.
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:24   #3322
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a doubt .what happens to the wax when we wash the car with normal garden hose.does it stick or get washed away?also when we use car wash and wash mitt does it remove the old layer of wax thereby exposing the paint layer under it?
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:24   #3323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
What about this spray polish.
SILKY TOUCH POLISH It says silicone resin polish. Will it remove the layer of wax or can be used as a substitute to quick detailing.
I have this one but have never used it, as I am unsure about where in the detailing cycle this fits in.
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:42   #3324
Senior - BHPian

I think this polish may be useful while detailing the door jambs. I have used it on the surface of the car as a quick detail spray before the car went for its due service. Though it imparts decent shine, the durability is 8 to 10 days, which i think is sufficient for this type of product. Nowadays i am in the process of detailing the car (in between the rains) and hopefully will complete this week. Still the tyres and plastic trim is left to be detailed so hopefully if it doesn't rains will complete the work on time.

Regarding the glass i think will stick to the simple glass cleaner concentrate.

Did anybody checked regarding the products from this importer. Seems like they have a good stock of low budget products. Atleast a good change after viewing F1 and Waxpol everywhere.

http://gamutauto.com/

Last edited by samsag12 : 23rd September 2010 at 12:46.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:47   #3325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Sohail you missed out our very own desi Waxpol pure carnauba hard wax (the orange tin) Its also a pure wax i think. BTW i agree to what you said, Collinite 845 is the only best alternative you can get locally.
BTW would you people recommend using the automotive body wax for the window glasses?? Are there any disadvantages of using it. I know the disadvantage of using it on the front windshield.

There are two waxpol waxes.One is a the orange tim which looks so dull that you would not want to buy it just by looking at it.The other is a Red color tin that comes with a applicator sponge similar to F1 wax. which one are you referring to?Check the pictures attached
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-waxpolish.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 23rd September 2010 at 14:50.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:03   #3326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post

Is this the product you've mentioned? Sonax Auto Polish
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:05   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
There are two waxpol waxes.One is a the orange tim which looks so dull that you would not want to buy it just by looking at it.The other is a Red color tin that comes with a applicator sponge similar to F1 wax. which one are you referring to?Check the pictures attached
Wow!! This reminds me of my dad polishing our Premier Padmini with the orange can of Waxpol in my childhood days. Glad to see it is still around.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:07   #3328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Is this the product you've mentioned? Sonax Auto Polish
Yes sir! Cost me around 350 from a local store.
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:03   #3329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
First of all you share the same first name as mine. Greetings for that Regarding the confusion of the waxpol tin, please read my post, i have stated in brackets THE ORANGE TIN. Its the oldest wax product of Waxpol Industries which is selling for decades. The 200gm tin costs merely Rs. 110 (MRP 117Rs) and lasts for 6 to 8 sessions atleast for me( 800, alto). Though its very very hard to buff the results are amazing. (2 even coats last atleast 2 months)
Regarding the other one, for me the decade old orange tin does the job so never thought of using the other one but i have heard that its easier to apply and buff out.
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:52   #3330
BHPian

Guys, just wanted to share this and hear your comments.

Actually, this particular car accessory shop never ceases to amaze me. Everytime I go there, they have something totally new and recognized in their car detailing stall inside.

Today evening, I went their to buy Formula 1 Interior protectant for my new Fiesta S.
I reached their and saw, for the first time in Faridabad, EAGLE ONE NANOWAX SPRAY!!
I was like, hell yeah!
I thought of Faridabad as a dusty little town with people who don't "love" their cars.

This shop has many recognised brands. They have almost entire range of products from Abel Auto, ArmorAll, Turtle Wax, Formula One (Genuine, according to what I could make out from the packing), 3M and so many more.

I actually get so greedy once in there, that I feel like buying everything!
Now, I had to buy an interior detailer. I remember you guys recommending me Formula 1 Interior Protectant, so, naturally, it was on top of my list. Now, there were so many other brands even from EagleOne that I was left confused, but, in the end, I took my decision sensibly and bought the Formula One Protectant in "New Car" fragrance.
But, all those posts here about EagleOne Nanowax spray kept playing in my mind. I thought to myself if I do need something like a quick detailer and the answer was YES.
So, I bought the EagleOne Nanowax spray.
Then again, I was in a dilemma to buy either the Nanowax in cream (?) form or in spray form?
I read the two packages and could make out that the cream polish was actually a Polish+Wax which shall strip a thin layer of clear coat everytime I apply it. The spray on the other hand mentioned that it only "conditions" the paint and nothing more to raise my eyebrow.

Guys, I want something which is not at all abrasive. I needed to buy a quick detailer which was purely wax and nothing abrasive.

In the end, I walked out of the store with a bottle of Formula 1 Protectant and EagleOne Nanowax Spray.
Was it a good decision I made or is the Nanowax Spray abrasive as well? Can I use it regularly say once a week?

Also, I enquired them about microfiber towels, they have only 3M ones available with them which they will be getting for me by tomorrow morning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks